Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    That is different. Shadowlands is another dimension, everything else we know is on the same galaxy. Even the Draenor we visited.
    Oh yeah? What's Ny'alotha then? Emerald dream? The Twisting Nether? Face it, this is a fucking stupid decision that's in direct contradiction with the explanation they had for the Maw. They're cutting on dev time/QA for older content, but they put themselves in this corner with doubling down on covenants.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-10-08 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    idk, i'm not in the beta, but it's probably that they also work in any other instanced content, which has nothing to do with the actual overworld location
    I see. So lore-wise the abilities shouldn't work on Azeroth BUT they should work in instanced locations that lore-wise are located on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I see. So lore-wise the abilities shouldn't work on Azeroth BUT they should work in instanced locations that lore-wise are located on Azeroth.

Hahahaha thats hilarious.

I don't get the point of restricting them so i can use them in Arena/BG's but not outside SW dueling for instance, like wat? Who cares about lore anyway just let me play.

That is different. Shadowlands is another dimension, everything else we know is on the same galaxy. Even the Draenor we visited.
    This is different Argus is another dimension, everything else we know is on the same galaxy. Even the Draenor we visited. So it makes sense the Heart of Azeroth doesn't work there.

/facepalm

Vindicar habitability only worked on Argus.

Dude, you are wrong.

We are in the realm of Death, we get those powers granted there. It makes perfect sense that you can not empower them outside of that realm.

This is a good move.
    So why can we use Heart of Azeroth in Draenor content then? Its in a different timeline and all.

Let's learn our class mechanics and rotations...
    Oh okay this crucial part of my rotation doesn't exist here. Ok.

Pull the fucking ripcord blizz.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am personally ok with this, makes sense its like folks that get an entitlement and then find out u cant buy beer with your foodstamps. lol. make me remember back dealing with my kids crying about how unfair it was when they did not get their way.. some of the comments are just too funny..

Oh ok it makes sense lore wise but if it is intended to have them in instanced PvE and PvP it is totally bullshit! That should be reported as bug on the beta!

I will welcome the change to pvp if this abiliand Conduits are deactivated. They should also disable PvE trinkets and legendary effects

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Because they forgot about that when rushing it out and are now retroactivly pushing it in in the prepatch.
    no they aren't

you can still use the heart in outlands and in draenor in the prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    no they aren't

you can still use the heart in outlands and in draenor in the prepatch
    yikes thats retarded

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    I am personally ok with this, makes sense its like folks that get an entitlement and then find out u cant buy beer with your foodstamps. lol. make me remember back dealing with my kids crying about how unfair it was when they did not get their way.. some of the comments are just too funny..
    a thing marketed as a meaningful class defining choice doesnt work in any of the old game content has never happened and shouldn't happen

artifacts worked in past content
    azerite gear and essences worked in past content
    this change makes no sense but luckily the covenant abilities are so garbage and meaningless that you arent losing much in your gameplay for it

such a meaningful choice that it is the first and only thing they ever gated for certain content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    yikes thats retarded
    exactly

why do this covenant ability lock to shadowlands....it is so retarded

Quote Originally Posted by 1know View Post
    Vindicar habitability only worked on Argus.
    Yes, because it is an area ability just like the ones in the WoD zones. Established as such.
    It's not the core feature that an entire xpac was promoted with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think it's more about realms. the HoA works in the realm of the living, the Covenants/Soulbinds work in the realm of the dead.
    Soulbinds still work elswhere. Also BGS/Arenas are in the realms of the living.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This is probably the right move (just as below stated not the right timing). Why? Because THIS DOES MEAN THAT THEY WON'T REMOVE IT NEXT EXPANSION!!! Since the Abilities only work in shadowlands (and BGs because of gameplay-reasons), they only need to cut off the BG-Functionality next expansion BUT NOT THE ABILITIES THEMSELF!

I always hate that they removed the Artefact-Weapon abilities; this does mean that convenant abilities are here to stay, but stay in the shadowlands.
    They disable Essences everywhere except for BfA content. They can do that with covenants too at the end of expansion.

I don't actually have useful input, I just though it would be fun to jump in and cry about having to use my core abilities to one shot things in old content instead of using my covenant ability to one shot things in old content...

But in all seriousness the point is, Blizzard had to put in EXTRA work to disable them, so unless "disable covenants outside of Shadowlands" came up on the "Wheel of Tasks to Waste Time Since We Have Nothing Else to Work on for Shadowlands" that they spin every Wednesday, they have their reasons (maybe to stop the possibility of "Rexxtroy" situations with weird covenant ability interactions in the old world?)

It's old content, you don't need your covenant ability.
    Last edited by Spazzix; 2020-10-08 at 10:59 AM.
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    I don't actually have useful input, I just though it would be fun to jump in and cry about having to use my core abilities to one shot things in old content instead of using my covenant ability to one shot things in old content...
    It's almost like it's not about the damage but about the fun of playing your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    This is absurd and shows that they are so delusionsal in terms of what players want.

Maybe stop make fucking shop mounts so you can balance Venthyr signature ability outside shadowlands.

Holy shit, I was hyped the last few days but this is demotivating.

Please tell me I ain‘t the only one..
    I mean in terms of story and such it makes sense. Abilities you learned from the realm of death wouldn't be able to crossover into the realm of the living.

Though I think they should be disabled in BG's/Arena's. Usually these types of things is what causes a lot of issues and uproar there for awhile until they nerf abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post

But in all seriousness the point is, Blizzard had to put in EXTRA work to disable them, so unless "disable covenants outside of Shadowlands" came up on the "Wheel of Tasks to Waste Time Since We Have Nothing Else to Work on for Shadowlands" that they spin every Wednesday, they have their reasons (maybe to stop the possibility of "Rexxtroy" situations with weird covenant ability interactions in the old world?)

It's old content, you don't need your covenant ability.
    Just because it's old content doesn't mean anything. There has been tons of times where we have borrowed power in the games history and have been able to use it in old content. Corruption, Legion artifact abilities and Essences come straight into mind. Why were those systems okay but as soon as Blizzard gets rid of a game mechanic that has been a staple for years (borrowed power being used anywhere) all of a sudden "we don't need it"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I mean in terms of story and such it makes sense. Abilities you learned from the realm of death wouldn't be able to crossover into the realm of the living.

Though I think they should be disabled in BG's/Arena's. Usually these types of things is what causes a lot of issues and uproar there for awhile until they nerf abilities.
    Ehm what? I make the choice of what Covenenant to take depedning on which is more useful in Arena. So you're saying PvP'ers should not be able to use the "New thing" of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    a thing marketed as a meaningful class defining choice doesnt work in any of the old game content has never happened and shouldn't happen

artifacts worked in past content
    azerite gear and essences worked in past content
    this change makes no sense but luckily the covenant abilities are so garbage and meaningless that you arent losing much in your gameplay for it

such a meaningful choice that it is the first and only thing they ever gated for certain content

- - - Updated - - -

exactly

why do this covenant ability lock to shadowlands....it is so retarded
    you missunderstand, i think its retarded you can use the essences and the neck not that you cant use the covenant abilities. They should all not work