Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Nah you are just qqing to qq. Use ability x instead of y to one shot old content. Stop getting emotional over something that is irrelevant. I swear to god y'all need jesus a psych ward or to be lined up against a wall.

I'm going to put my tinfoil hat on here and say that shadowlands is one big ploy from blizzard to see how far they can push the mentally unstable, delusional, irrational addicts for future projects. Cuz lord knows you will be the first one online after qqing for 6+ months.
    So in your mind, everyone who complains about anything in WoW are either "morons" "just qqing" "mentally unstable" "delusional" and "addicts".

Thats a great way of reasoning, "-everone except those who share my opinion are idiots!".

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yay more limitations! Guess that somehow makes the covenant choice even more meaningful

CE's have been underwhelming for a very long time now, except for the 15th anniversary which had something worth collecting .. it's essentially a collection of mouse pads and pins.

That change .. makes absolutely no sense

Might as well just play fully casually and get cutting edge without trying, it seems like any effort is going to be punished in this expansion.

It's just a normal thing. Why should cov stuff work on azeroth, a whole different DIMENSION? Our Neck will not work in Shadowlands, because the connection to Azeroth is not strong enough/not working at all. Why should something that is clearly only powerfull in a specific dimension work in another? (they should deactivate neck in Draenor/Bc too, imo - it really doesn't matter, but just because it's missing connection to Azeroth)
    I thought it already worked like this, tbh...
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-10-08 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    But Heart of Azeroth works everywhere, and just not on Azeroth.
    No it doesn't. It will work only in BFA content.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I am not even sure who or what they are trying to protect with this change. Poor NPC gonna complain if we use covenant abilities? lol
    It's to protect having to fix a lot of things. The teleport ability alone could possibly break a lot of old content by teleporting inside dungeons/raids to unintended places and people getting stuck, for example. Easier to disable them than spend days/weeks/months fixing old content because of a couple abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No it doesn't. It will work only in BFA content.
    I just used it in Pandaria, I think you're confusing it with something.

It's to protect having to fix a lot of things. The teleport ability alone could possibly break a lot of old content by teleporting inside dungeons/raids to unintended places and people getting stuck, for example. Easier to disable them than spend days/weeks/months fixing old content because of a couple abilities.
    Let me introduce you to Heroic Leap and Vengeful Retreat and Double Jump and glide abilities, and others...
    They sometimes (STILL!) break.
    It's a bullshit change.

I just used it in Pandaria, I think you're confusing it with something.
    Nope you are. Currently you can use it anywhere. Once Shadowlands / Pre-Patch hits you can only use it in BFA areas. It's been stated in a blog post awhile back by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Let me introduce you to Heroic Leap and Vengeful Retreat and Double Jump and glide abilities, and others...
    They sometimes (STILL!) break.
    It's a bullshit change.
    Ok, you linked a couple abilities? I said all of the covenant abilities could cause some potential issues not just the teleport. So it is easier to balance it this way. Some abilities could have unintended interactions causing other bugs and glitches.

Some abilities could have unintended interactions causing other bugs and glitches.
    Getting put on rails cause they can't properly QA their beta. I don't see how this is reasonable after all their mighty blogposts about covenants being up there with class identity.

Getting put on rails cause they can't properly QA their beta. I don't see how this is reasonable after all their mighty blogposts about covenants being up there with class identity.
    Could you tell me what exactly you want to do with covs outside of SL? Everything will die instantly. Where would you need those additional abilities or buffs? Technically it doesn't make sense for them to work outside of SL. Why should blizzard use dev/QA time on something that is technically/lorewise not usable outside of SL?

Nope you are. Currently you can use it anywhere. Once Shadowlands / Pre-Patch hits you can only use it in BFA areas. It's been stated in a blog post awhile back by Blizzard.
    Im not confusing anything, I never heard about that news at all until now.

Thats beside the point anyway, we have been able to use the HoA everywhere in Azeroth Draenor and Argus and in every single time-line.

What is the point of having covenant abilities be any different? It makes no sense.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    It's just a normal thing. Why should cov stuff work on azeroth, a whole different DIMENSION? Our Neck will not work in Shadowlands, because the connection to Azeroth is not strong enough/not working at all. Why should something that is clearly only powerfull in a specific dimension work in another? (they should deactivate neck in Draenor/Bc too, imo - it really doesn't matter, but just because it's missing connection to Azeroth)

Most arenas and BGs located outside Shadowlands. Your justification is invalid.

I mean in the grand scheme does it matter if you have your covenant abilities outside Shadowlands? Nope, not at all. Would it be nice? Sure. Not having your covenant ability though isn't going to make it so you can't do content. No, not even BFA corruptions can be used as an excuse since they readjusted the content to account for not having them and even then only Ny'alotha was balanced with them in mind. Mythic dungeons were to an extent, but only M+0 will be available and it will be facerollable.

Im not confusing anything, I never heard about that news at all until now.
    Ok, just because you haven't read any of the posts they put out still doesn't change the functionality or what I said in my post. So yes, you would be confusing things since we are talking about Shadowlands, not current content.

Thats beside the point anyway, we have been able to use the HoA everywhere in Azeroth Draenor and Argus and in every single time-line.

What is the point of having covenant abilities be any different? It makes no sense.
    Probably because they figured this is better for the game overall to cause less issues everywhere both in terms of players and game development.

Ok, just because you haven't read any of the posts they put out still doesn't change the functionality or what I said in my post. So yes, you would be confusing things since we are talking about Shadowlands, not current content.

Probably because they figured this is better for the game overall to cause less issues everywhere both in terms of players and game development.
    Better for the game how? Do you believe it would be better for the game too if we couldnt use our HoA in Draenor/Argus?

Or would it really not matter in the end wether we could or not..

Better for the game how? Do you believe it would be better for the game too if we couldnt use our HoA in Draenor/Argus?

Or would it really not matter in the end wether we could or not..
    It wouldn't really matter and heck the times I go out there I don't even bother using it so whatever passive abilities go off is about it. Also, come Shadowlands you won't be able to use it in Draenor, Argus or Azeroth. You'll only be able to use it in BFA content which includes islands, warfronts, Uldum, Vale, Nazjatar, Kul Tiras (including Mechagon), Zandalar and it's appropriate dungeons/raids.

Unusable outside SL might make sense but concidering how powerful the abilities are, and you keybind it to one of your best keys, then in Timewalking/other time fillers can't use a that central hotkey.. That's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Just take it the other way around - what/who does it hurt to have Covenant's ability work outside of Shadowlands ?
    Not everything has to make sense lore wise. Otherwise go full RP mode and make Ragnaros immune to fire damage again, prevent all "Mind Blast" and the likes to work on non-sentient stuff, and other bullshit like that.

Sometimes Gameplay should prevail on RP , for obvious reasons.

It wouldn't really matter and heck the times I go out there I don't even bother using it so whatever passive abilities go off is about it. Also, come Shadowlands you won't be able to use it in Draenor, Argus or Azeroth. You'll only be able to use it in BFA content which includes islands, warfronts, Uldum, Vale, Nazjatar, Kul Tiras (including Mechagon), Zandalar and it's appropriate dungeons/raids.
    Yeah, that makes sense when the expansion is over.

But does this?

Only makes sense your dead realm abilities works in realm of the dead.