Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Time runs differently in shadowlands than the rest of the world too. Also every mage will be able to do portals to shadowlands so everyone and their grandma will be able to come there. It's not supposed to be a tourism point.

- - - Updated - - -

You have not tested it enough then. Some spells do flat out 30-40% dmg for that class. Imagine being a class with covenant ability dueling in Durotar vs someone whos covenant ability is only 10% of their output.
    i asume you are talking about the serrated bone spike logs ? that ability has been stomped into the ground 2 builds ago barely does dmg now.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    you missunderstand, i think its retarded you can use the essences and the neck not that you cant use the covenant abilities. They should all not work
    so you want something that actually effects gameplay to not work if you decide to go do old content??

does that mean DH cant run any content before legion?? like they shouldnt be allowed in stormwind at all because its old content

- - - Updated - - -

i asume you are talking about the serrated bone spike logs ? that ability has been stomped into the ground 2 builds ago barely does dmg now.
    a dps monk with the pelagos tree and the kyrian conduit can get 70% mastery which is an extra 70% damage and after the 30 second duration of the ability is up you can extend it almost indefinitely with orb procs

or you can go mirrors and have them do 30% of your damage

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    so you want something that actually effects gameplay to not work if you decide to go do old content??

does that mean DH cant run any content before legion?? like they shouldnt be allowed in stormwind at all because its old content
    What a shit analogy smh.

What a shit analogy smh.
    tier sets?
    artifacts??
    new talent rows??

- - - Updated - - -

a dps monk with the pelagos tree and the kyrian conduit can get 70% mastery which is an extra 70% damage and after the 30 second duration of the ability is up you can extend it almost indefinitely with orb procs

abilities like that will get squashed untill they are unplayable before release dont count on it. Blizzard is clearly systematically hammering every outlier out of existance untill they are nearly unplayable. If you cant balance it make it all meaningless seems like the new stance. So i wouldnt count on that going live at all.

- - - Updated - - -

That is my point. If you are a DH, clear BT you are basically imprisoning yourself and creating Legion Ilidan story line which has rolled out (Legion DH into quests). It creates a paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    This is absurd and shows that they are so delusionsal in terms of what players want.

Maybe stop make fucking shop mounts so you can balance Venthyr signature ability outside shadowlands.

Holy shit, I was hyped the last few days but this is demotivating.

Please tell me I ain‘t the only one..
    Speaking of "absurd" and "shows delusion", your post amuses me. Because the artists that work on designing store mounts are the same kind of developers that work on balancing numbers and abilities. Because it's the exact same department, right? Drawing a mount is the same exact thing as adjusting numbers.

What's next? Are you going to say that the accounting department is the exact thing as the customer support department?

tier sets?
    artifacts??
    new talent rows??
    Again shit analogies.

tier sets?: tier bonus is an innate power bestowed on us by the items.
    artifacts??: artifacts posses innate power that we borrow from them since we have them on us we have the ability
    new talent rows?? is our own innate power... did you even think about this list for more then 2 seconds ?
    Covenant power: granted to us by the covenant(for example the primus) who gets their power from anima inside the shadowlands.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-10-08 at 11:47 AM.

It blows my damn mind when people are getting mad about the supposed "reasons" for this change, when blizzard haven't even said shit about it. There's a whole realm of possibility for why this change was made, including but not limited to, "We found a bug in the old world and we're disabling the abilities there for now", "This was a change we were playtesting internally and it wasn't supposed to go out", "We dislike how we handled azerite powers, and we're trying something different".

Give them a chance to actually outline why this change exists, THEN get angry and discuss whether that reason is worthwhile or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It blows my damn mind when people are getting mad about the supposed "reasons" for this change, when blizzard haven't even said shit about it. There's a whole realm of possibility for why this change was made, including but not limited to, "We found a bug in the old world and we're disabling the abilities there for now", "This was a change we were playtesting internally and it wasn't supposed to go out", "We dislike how we handled azerite powers, and we're trying something different".

Give them a chance to actually outline why this change exists, THEN get angry and discuss whether that reason is worthwhile or not.
    People are dumb as fuck.

What a shit analogy smh.
    That is not as shit as it seems. DHs shouldn't be able to do quests in outland at least as it creates a paradox.
    Time also flows differently in SL than Azeroth. People should not be able to leave SL.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    That is not as shit as it seems. DHs shouldn't be able to do quests in outland at least as it creates a paradox.
    Time also flows differently in SL than Azeroth. People should not be able to leave SL.
    Its shit because the implications of not beeing able to use an ability are not comparable to not beeing able to play your class. Yes lorewise it makes no sense and creates a paradox but telling people they cant use an ability (in contexts that are meaningless in modern wow) or telling them they cant play their class is not remotely close to beeing the same kind of implication.

therefore the analogy is dogshit.

What a shit analogy smh.
    Why is it a shitty analogy? You were reasoning just like this in the post he quoted.

Just because you dont agree with it doesnt make it less right.

They might as well disable shamans as there are no elements in SL.
    Also other schools of magic might be iffy. Fel energy is life energy being consumed. Life energy in SL? lul
    And if we base SL on spirit realm which is in SL and we can't use any of our physical world abilities while dead...

Seems they remembered that they make an RPG, good.
    Honestly it was already a bit weird that HoA works on Draenor (Outland) and Argus, hell having it function in the Firelands might be considered a stretch (Dark Iron unlock quest), but at least that could be explained because we physically take the thing with us, but that'd reveal the reason that it doesn't work in the Shadowlands to be bullshit.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

People are dumb as fuck.
    Let me ask you this then. Why is it okay that when we have borrowed powers in the past like essences or corruption that's okay to use in old content but covenant abilities are the exception to the rule? From a gameplay perspective why is that a thing? Keep in mind that we don't know the future and Blizzard may or may not use old zones to add new content for level 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Why would the Covenant spells/abilities and Soulbinds work outside of the Shadowlands? This decision makes perfect sense to me. Why would you expect any different?
    Because this was never the case in the history of the game? The only time we had region restricted abilities was on Argus and on Dreanor and in both cases it were basically useless abilities that you never used. In addition to that, you could not use them indoors or in PVP.
    The covenant abilities on the other side are an essential part of your character identity, rotation and playstyle. They enable talents and classes to work at all that feel broken without them.
    Besides that a class should work and play the same, no matter, which content you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    covenants not working outside SL makes total sense
    azerite necklace not working outside BFA makes 0 sense however
    but it's a game so not making sense is okay

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Seems they remembered that they make an RPG, good.
    Honestly it was already a bit weird that HoA works on Draenor (Outland) and Argus, hell having it function in the Firelands might be considered a stretch (Dark Iron unlock quest), but at least that could be explained because we physically take the thing with us, but that'd reveal the reason that it doesn't work in the Shadowlands to be bullshit.
    Why? The power is stored inside the heart, it should not matter at all where we are.

This is one of those changes that just has me scratching my head, but hey, I'm sure there's people out there who really like this change. Is there any difference between having these spells tied to a covenant & having them also tied to the Shadowlands? Not really, I guess.

RP move My RPG.