Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It blows my damn mind when people are getting mad about the supposed "reasons" for this change, when blizzard haven't even said shit about it. There's a whole realm of possibility for why this change was made, including but not limited to, "We found a bug in the old world and we're disabling the abilities there for now", "This was a change we were playtesting internally and it wasn't supposed to go out", "We dislike how we handled azerite powers, and we're trying something different".

Give them a chance to actually outline why this change exists, THEN get angry and discuss whether that reason is worthwhile or not.
    if it was a bug ok thats understandable

no other reasoning is ok
    "we were testing something and it wasnt supposed to go out" is worse than a bug because it means they thought about nerfing players in old content

Im so sick of this game and people complaining about it

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    "Why" shouldn't come into the discussion until blizzard gives a reason for the change in the first place. Like I wrote in my post, there's an infinity of reasons, out-universe and in for why they could be disabled, but we literally don't know until they tell us. It's dumb as fuck to argue about something we haven't even been told the reason for yet.
    I'm pretty sure their has been PLENTY of instances in which Blizzard made a dev choice in which people, rightfully so, called into question as to why they made said choice even before they give out an official statement. It's not "dumb as fuck" especially since this kind of stuff has happened time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Ah interesting. It's been so long since I did the DI quest (when they first came out) I forgot exactly occurred during it. Looked it up just now and you are right as that was part of the Firelands one. Wonder if maybe they'll visit that this in the Shadowlands or save it for something else in the future. While I wouldn't be fond of seeing Ragnaros again, he is a big figure and depends on how they do the story with him it could have potential. That or maybe say Ragnaros and Al'akir server on the council of the Death Elementals.

No. it was datamined in the recent beta build which means everyone has to cause an uproar over something that may or may not actually exist in reality. Since we all know that they can't leave any strings (items/etc) in each build unless they were going to use them.
    they datamined a string where you could mog one shoulder at a time and it didnt go into the actual build

the restriction on covenant abilities IS IN THE GAME
    log onto beta then get your ability and go to stormwind where you cant use it

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Ah interesting. It's been so long since I did the DI quest (when they first came out) I forgot exactly occurred during it. Looked it up just now and you are right as that was part of the Firelands one. Wonder if maybe they'll visit that this in the Shadowlands or save it for something else in the future. While I wouldn't be fond of seeing Ragnaros again, he is a big figure and depends on how they do the story with him it could have potential. That or maybe say Ragnaros and Al'akir server on the council of the Death Elementals.

No. it was datamined in the recent beta build which means everyone has to cause an uproar over something that may or may not actually exist in reality. Since we all know that they can't leave any strings (items/etc) in each build unless they were going to use them.
    Personally i wouldn't have any trouble with him coming back, it makes little enough sense that the manifestation of an aspect of material reality can truly be destroyed without also destroying said aspect of reality.
    But that still leaves open the fate of his "soul" or whatever it is that made him him, even if it's just for a temporary stay (the wild gods usually have a temporary stay too after all).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    There is no lore reasoning as long as the abilities can be used in instanced PVP.

I can't use an ability on Azeroth, but I can use it in Warsong Gulch which is ON Azeroth? BRUH!
    Well yeah, I agree with you. It is still a reasoning, but a faulty one. Like, a lot :P

Gameplay > any reason basically when it comes to this.

It also became my first post on the beta forums to revert this change! I be hard on Blizz! Judgement shall be swift!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-10-08 at 12:42 PM.

This makes no sense lore wise. Remember the whole point of the shadowlands and covenants is to show us that many of the "death magic" powers and abilities we see in the world of the living come from the realm of the dead.

Does anybody remember that whole underlying plot point of the shadowlands?

But here we are folks are now claiming nope, those powers cant be "borrowed" from the shadowlands when that is just the opposite of what they said in the first place. That being that everybody has been using these "borrowed" powers from demons to undead all along to wreck havoc on the mortal realm.

If that is the case then breaking the helm of damnation shouldn't have broken the barrier between the two realms.
    Because there should be no powers tied to the shadowlands embedded in the Helm of Damnation in the first place.
    That would also mean all that shadowlands armor shouldn't work outside the shadowlands either (why would souls need armor in the first place). And of course Sylvanas shouldn't have been boosted with her anima shadowlands super saiyan powers on Azeroth if that was true as well.

This is just annoying at this point and using lore as justification is a weak excuse.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2020-10-08 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    Im so sick of this game and people complaining about it
    Yes, how dare people voice their opinions on something on a discussion forum! Its outrageous!

If this is because of technical hurdles... fine, albeit I expect them to be fixed over the course of Shadowlands.

If it's because of lore, that's totally stupid. Sylvanas was able to use her Jailer-given powers just fine on Azeroth. We will be able to use them in arenas and BGs which are mostly on Azeroth or beyond, and perhaps Timewalking dungeons as well which are all over the place. Hell there's even no precedent for it, the Heart is said to be less powerful outside of Azeroth yet we could use it just on Draenor, Outland or Argus.

It never feels good to lose abilities temporarily, especially when these abilities are supposedly a core part of the player's toolkit and gameplay fantasy in the expansion. They'd better have a damn good reasoning behind this one. It also just feels weird that they just said they would change the Maw because a desolate place with sweet fuck all is no fun in a video game but would then do this.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If we start using the lore around gameplay now, then can anyone tell me how hunters can bring their pets with them in the afterlife? And what about all the mounts?
    There's precedence for how this works

Lore-wise we also shouldn't be able to summon any living mounts. It makes no sense that they are also super-special beings that can be in the shadowlands while alive. And if you can summon them, then you shouldn't be able to summon them outside as they are now dead.

While we're at it, let's fix some other stupid things. Why can you cast fire magic underwater? Even if you could due to 'magic', shouldn't it at least be weaker?

They should also fix up a lot of the classes. For someone to be able to be both a shadow and a holy priest at the same time by swapping doesn't really make sense, so remove that at least. Lets not even mention how we shouldn't be able to use Heart of Azeroth outside of Azeroth. We should also get rid of all those silly non-lore-friendly mechanics such as Item level, old raids/bosses that are lore-wise dead, duel spec, different game modes (what even is mythic?).

Oh man, WoW could be such a great game if we made it lore>gameplay like a proper game. I hope this is only the beginning, and I am so glad to see Blizzard going the right thing!

You can still use your heart of azeroth. I don't get why people are upset its trivial content.

Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    Yeah might be true, but why did Heart of Azeroth work on Argus (Antorus), Warlords of Draenor, Outland? Doesn't make any sense either since it's not on Azeroth.
    Becouse that power comes from your Neck? Not from Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Becouse that power comes from your Neck? Not from Azeroth?
    The Heart of Azeroth.
    Would totally make sense if it didnt work outside Azeroth, but it did.
    You can even use it in old content and have fun with it.
    Doesnt make sense that the covenants are treated differently.

Sylvanas uses SL powers in Azeroth for example.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    ...Also does this mean we can call upon the covenant abilities while dead on Azeroth?
    It'd be interesting to be able to teleport as a dead dude.
    When you are on Azeroth you play completly different timeline. In that moment Shadowlands isnt there yet. Cannon is literaly that we are all stuck in Shadowlands and we do not go back on Azeroth for entire expansion. Just becouse there is portal to Azeroith its there for gameplay reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    The Heart of Azeroth.
    Would totally make sense if it didnt work outside Azeroth, but it did.
    You can even use it in old content and have fun with it.
    Doesnt make sense that the covenants are treated differently.

Sylvanas uses SL powers in Azeroth for example.
    Yep not like we have been storing AP into our neck entire expansion. The heart of Azeroth is just name and power comes from wthingin neck not from Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like how NOW they try to impose lore restrictions
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    The delay is rlly paying off hum?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Let’s be fair... from a story perspective it makes sense. From a gameplay perspective it doesn’t. And because Blizzard didn’t give a damn about logical storytelling, gameplay in this case should matter more imho.
    Sylvanas spend the entire of bfa using her shadowlands powers here on azeroth, and we can't because devs said so.

What pisses me off the most is "lore" and "story" is only brought up to fuck up with the players

10+ Year Old Account
    When you are on Azeroth you play completly different timeline. In that moment Shadowlands isnt there yet. Cannon is literaly that we are all stuck in Shadowlands and we do not go back on Azeroth for entire expansion. Just becouse there is portal to Azeroith its there for gameplay reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep not like we have been storing AP into our neck entire expansion. The heart of Azeroth is just name and power comes from wthingin neck not from Azeroth.
    According to that logic, when we're in Draenor we shouldn't be able to use Azerite since you know... Azerite is from a different timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Sylvanas spend the entire of bfa using her shadowlands powers here on azeroth, and we can't because devs said so.

What pisses me off the most is "lore" and "story" is only bring up to fuck up with the players, they don't what make sense for the story to do good things for us
    Oh you mean like Arthas? Sylvanas powers have nothing to do with covenant skills. Her skills work compeltly differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    According to that logic, when we're in Draenor we shouldn't be able to use Azerite since you know... Azerite is from a different timeline.
    You are right wse shouldnt and maybe Blizzard realized it? You know its not like they have to go back and change everything abouýt game so players cant point out mistakes from past. Maybe they just relalized that they could bring some of RPG elements back to the game but wont change all the nonrpg gameplay elemtents just so people like you cant bring them up on forums.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh you mean like Arthas? Sylvanas powers have nothing to do with covenant skills. Her skills work compeltly differently.
    it is explicit said her powers are coming from the Jailer, its shadowlands powers, powers that she never used before, tis the same shit

unless convenient its not