Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    lmao why would abilities that are gifted to you from covenants in the Shadowlands work outside Shadowlands? Come on, I'm always up to bash on blizzard but this is pointless
    why would the helm of domination work outside of the shadowlands? Why would frostmourne work? Why would Phylacteries work?

Why would any kind of necromancy work at all?

This.. is... STUPID.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The delay is rlly paying off hum?
    Delay would pay off if they'd started listening. Yet here we are and they are fixing problems they fabricated themselves and wouldn't be problems at all if they'd follow their very own game design.

Their last actions regarding beta "balancing" are mind-numbing and the community reaction is overwhelmingly negative.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Becouse that class would not be usable?
    But what about the "RPG" elements then? You can't have it one way, but not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Azerite isn't from a different timeline. Azerite always always existed in all timelines where Azeroth existed. Azerite is essentially Azeroth's blood. The only difference between the two is that it is popping up in veins and pools in our current timeline.
    Okay. Thank you for the explanation.
    I still think using Azerite Essences on Draenor makes little if no sense.
    Last edited by Razorice; 2020-10-08 at 02:06 PM.

This just confirmed me fears that SL is a massive cluster fuck of epic proportions
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Delay would pay off if they'd started listening. Yet here we are and they are fixing problems they fabricated themselves and wouldn't be problems at all if they'd follow their very own game design.

Their last actions regarding beta "balancing" are mind-numbing and the community reaction is overwhelmingly negative.
    If you're on about the legendary tuning, they've already acknowledged they need to make them more powerful. The legendary changes in yesterdays update were likely already commited to that build days prior, & bringing everything down to an even level makes it easier to figure out how to buff them individually.

I was really worried about the leggos until the post came up saying they're looking to make them more impactful. Now, I'm just curious to see how they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    But what about the "RPG" elements then? You can't have it one way, but not the other.
    Yes you can. You absolutly can. As game developer you have to know when you can desing game around rpg and where you have to cut for sake of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    If you're on about the legendary tuning, they've already acknowledged they need to make them more powerful. The legendary changes in yesterdays update were likely already commited to that build days prior, & bringing everything down to an even level makes it easier to figure out how to buff them individually.

I was really worried about the leggos until the post came up saying they're looking to make them more impactful. Now, I'm just curious to see how they fix it.
    It's about the Covenant, Conduit and yes, Legendary changes. And I don't see how you're making Legendaries stronger by nerfing them, which they did with a lot of Legendaries in the last build yesterday. Their reasoning is just off because we know how it'll end: making weak Legendaries stronger by nerfing the strong ones. And this is exactly what they did.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    why would the helm of domination work outside of the shadowlands? Why would frostmourne work? Why would Phylacteries work?
    They are magical artifacts that have their powers internally, rather than having to channel it from a external source..And the Maw may have ways to influence the living world more directly than the other planes of death. Phylacteries is not specific to the Shadowlands, as it's mostly about linking your soul to a object.
    I'm taking a guess here, but I think you may be able to use the powers outside of the Shadowlands once the place isn't running out of the juice that keep things running.
    Why would any kind of necromancy work at all?
    As is the case for a Warlock being able to summon the power of Fel and demons from the demonic planes, there is no reason why a Necromancer can't do the same.
    This.. is... STUPID.
    No, this is Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

It's about the Covenant, Conduit and yes, Legendary changes. And I don't see how you're making Legendaries stronger by nerfing them, which they did with a lot of Legendaries in the last build yesterday. Their reasoning is just off because we know how it'll end: making weak Legendaries stronger by nerfing the strong ones. And this is exactly what they did.
    Conduits are so minor that I don't really get the concern there (besides, we'll all be on even footing anyway). Covenant abilities were always going to be squished as there's no other way to balance them, so I'm not surprised/bothered by it at all.

I think you might've misunderstood my point on legendaries, though. They probably commited those changes to the build, had a discussion afterwards saying they need to be stronger, but it was too late to withdraw the changes. I fully expect (well, hope) some of the legendaries that were nerfed yesterday will be buffed to equal/higher levels than they were previously.

3+ Year Old Account
    Welfare legendaries are stupid anyway. I never agreed with legendaries just being passed out. All they way back to the original cloak and ring. STUPID.

Just give our characters power and let us play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you can. You absolutly can. As game developer you have to know when you can desing game around rpg and where you have to cut for sake of gameplay.
    There we go, so allow covenants to interact with Azeroth.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Conduits are so minor that I don't really get the concern there (besides, we'll all be on even footing anyway). Covenant abilities were always going to be squished as there's no other way to balance them, so I'm not surprised/bothered by it at all.

I think you might've misunderstood my point on legendaries, though. They probably commited those changes to the build, had a discussion afterwards saying they need to be stronger, but it was too late to withdraw the changes. I fully expect (well, hope) some of the legendaries that were nerfed yesterday will be buffed to equal/higher levels than they were previously.
    IM honestly just waiting for the day where blizzard decides to make borrowed power abilities hit for % damage.. Easy to balance. This ability hits for 3% of targets total HP pool. Easy. Done. Wrap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted this over on the main article but lorewise this doesn't make sense either, the player character uses their own soul and anima to power and use their Covenant abilities so it doesn't make sense that they would lose the use of them outside the Shadowlands considering they still have both. Heck even Soulbinds and Conduits still work outside the Shadowlands and they are granted in the same fashion as the Covenant Abilities are, via a pact, ritual or oath with members of the Covenant.

Personally I think it's being limited now in order to be an "unlock" in a future patch.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    There we go, so allow covenants to interact with Azeroth.
    Why? It doesnt have any big impact on gameplay if you restrict them for sake of RPG lol. You migh lose some of the ms when soloing old content but thats it nothing major.

- - - Updated - - -

IM honestly just waiting for the day where blizzard decides to make borrowed power abilities hit for % damage.. Easy to balance. This ability hits for 3% of targets total HP pool. Easy. Done. Wrap.
    And how exactly would you tune it for pve lol? You know so bosses wont die in 5 seconds?

Or just put the effort in to design things on a spec to spec basis like they did in Legion. Having stuff like Torghast be class-wide & having to balance soulbinds for 36 specs just makes it impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? It doesnt have any big impact on gameplay if you restrict them for sake of RPG lol. You migh lose some of the ms when soloing old content but thats it nothing major.
    That's not the point.
    The point is, adding a useless restriction for the sake of "muh RPG" will add inconvenience to the gameplay.
    Also, many other people pointed out: You can use it in Alterac Valley BG but you cannot use it in the zone? yeah... "muh RPG"

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Dude, it works on Alterac bg, etc, but doesnt work in Alterac zone. Thats totally dumb lorewise and gameplay wise.
    Out of all the things that are dumb lore wise this is the least dumb thing.

3+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And how exactly would you tune it for pve lol? You know so bosses wont die in 5 seconds?
    .03% in pve. lol

Blizzard getting a jump start on 10.0 when they disable these borrowed power systems to make room for the next.
    Guild Master of <Novus> US Area-52

No they never said that.
    Look at the fourth question asked. They say so in context of the armor she wears, but for players Covenants are a system where powers and cosmetics are linked and they single out Sylvanas as part of a Maw Covenant while we know the Jailer also gave her a power boost.

What's your source for Sylvanas's empowerment being so different from player's anyway?
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.