Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rogues please!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I have a feeling we won't be seeing many rouges/warriors until sunwell .. Fury/Rouge same thing ..
    Why not? I played Rogue all the way through TBC and was constantly doing good DPS throughout, depending on whether there was AOE of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Warglaives were clearly designed as Rogue weapons. Combat Swords was the best spec for Rogues at the time and that was especially benefitted from a slow MH and a very fast OH which is exactly what the Warglaives was. Rogues also had the best benefit of Haste of any melee so the haste proc also favored Rogues the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    Warglaives were clearly designed as Rogue weapons.
    No dispute here. But by t6, weren't warriors outputting much more damage than rogues were or did my guild just have casual rogues? While it is clearly designed for rogues, do they actually result in greater overall raid dps in the hands of a rogue? Genuine curiosity not a rhetorical question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

streamers > Guildmasters/officers > rogues

From what I remember rogues were posting the highest parses in Sunwell with the glaives. Brutallus was a fairly tight dps check at the time and was basically Patchwerk, and rogues consistently topped those meters, over warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kappas View Post
    streamers > Guildmasters/officers > rogues
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Streamers > GMs GF > MLs GF > Rogues > Warriors
    pretty much this Except loot whore GM/ML needs to be thrown in there somewhere before warriors/rogues

How many blizzard employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, its working as intended!

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No dispute here. But by t6, weren't warriors outputting much more damage than rogues were or did my guild just have casual rogues? While it is clearly designed for rogues, do they actually result in greater overall raid dps in the hands of a rogue? Genuine curiosity not a rhetorical question.
    No they weren't, combat rogues were the top melee dps in most of tbc. Granted there were a lot of fights where melee just got the shaft in general, but rogues beat out warriors for sure. Of course that doesn't mean a good warrior can't beat out a good rogue, it is a lot closer than in classic but overall rogues were better for dps.

I should go into a little more detail here... even though rogues may be better damage the warrior may still be the one getting the glaives and some min/max guilds may not even take rogues. Why? Because in tbc GROUP BUFFS ARE EVERYTHING. Some guilds even take arms warriors over rogues simply because they provide a buff for your raid.
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-10-08 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadefinn View Post
    From what I remember rogues were posting the highest parses in Sunwell with the glaives. Brutallus was a fairly tight dps check at the time and was basically Patchwerk, and rogues consistently topped those meters, over warriors.
    Wasn't that specific fight a BM hunter one with over 3k DPS followed by locks with over 2k DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'd say rogues first, then warriors. Putting aside things like guild contributions and attendance as OP said, of course. And prioritize completing the set bonus for whoever gets the first one. If I get the mainhand, I should be first in line when the offhand drops.

iirc, fury warriors actually could get a mainhand and offhand weapon that were a hair better than Warglaives for them in terms of straight-up DPS, but Warglaives were still better because of the set bonus, especially when you could take advantage of the extra AP vs demons (Brutallus comes to mind). It's been a long time since I played BC though, so my brain might be mixing things up there.
    I don’t really think it’s a “one and then the other” deal. Maybe if players raid for a long time after tbc runs it’s course but warglaives were pretty rare. Let alone a set of them.

wELL, Black Temple can be farmed once per week; resets on the same day as other raids and mythics dungeons. It can take weeks, months or if you're really lucky you'll get them after two runs.

You will need to attain the war glaives (main hand and off-hand) on the same character.

During the BC Timewalking event there is a quest you can pick up from the Timewalking person in Shattrath to queue for Black Temple Timewalking raid. This quest is only available during this time. Killing Illidan for this quest will reward you with the ability to transmog the warglaives.

Serious answer (I played rogue in tbc):

Best, most consistent and reliable player between your rogue and dps warrior. If both are similar, then I would do the following: Rogue first if MH drops first, Warrior first if OH drops first.

The guild thot gets them

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Rogues, then warriors once your guild runs out of rogues.

Unlike Classic, warriors can't really dual wield tank, otherwise they'd go to tanks, like TF does right now.
    TF is unquestionably a tank weapon though no matter what.

Whoever wins the roll? Maybe ill create this guild.

GM, someone the GM wants to or maybe is fucking, GMs friend, some that kisses the GMs ass. In that order of prio.

Blindfold is BIS for retri - And 1 retri paladin is a must-have for a good raid comp. So happy crying rogues mmmhmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Blindfold is BIS for retri - And 1 retri paladin is a must-have for a good raid comp. So happy crying rogues mmmhmmm
    Sure, doesn't mean any guild worth anything will prio ret over rogues tho with cursed vision of sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Sure, doesn't mean any guild worth anything will prio ret over rogues tho with cursed vision of sargeras.
    Honestly in tbc, a lot of guilds who are ‘top tier’ don’t even bring or roll rogues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Honestly in tbc, a lot of guilds who are ‘top tier’ don’t even bring or roll rogues at all.
    I guess you're talking about PR scene which I dont know anything about or care. But back in retail TBC rogues were used alot. That's why I can't be bothered with Classic with the ridiculous warrior stacking and all that and I don't see it changing for any better in TBC Classic.