Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post

Red shirt guy is still posting pics. Looks like a concept art for a potential CGI/High Quality Denathrius.
    very nice
    10/10 would penetrate with sword

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    From what I remember there is an unused tint of the aspirant armor and a pet that is unique to the event so far. And also a 34 slot bag I guess.

On the whole there isnt a whole lot of rewards from the event, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, rather there are rewards, technically more than there was from the BfA one but there still isnt really a commemorative one that is easy to display like the mount from BfA or title from WoD.
    then what are the rewards? like unique mogs?

i ask because my pc broke and im using like a old as fuck notebook, i can barely do something in a city, so im not sure if i will be able to get those things if they are only available on pre-patch

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean do I even need to say the R-word? Because that's the point. Influencers whined.
    I don't get it. This isn't what people were "whining" about. It solved no problems, and added a brand new one. What was the point again?

Frankly, there is no correlation, and as such I don't think they are related. Blizzard removed them for a different reason. Why that is I can't say, but if they made it so you can't use the ability outside of Shadowlands to appease players who wanted to make it so they didn't have to pick a specific covenant for min-maxing (which they still 100% have to do), I don't know what to say. Blizzard makes stupid decisions, but they aren't this stupid, surely.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-10-08 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we use covenants abilities in RBG (etc) then ? If no, that's a great thing for example. Bad for soloing old BfA content maybe but who cares, we won't have legacy mode

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    then what are the rewards? like unique mogs?

i ask because my pc broke and im using like a old as fuck notebook, i can barely do something in a city, so im not sure if i will be able to get those things if they are only available on pre-patch
    A "unique" mog, most of the pieces are already available but I believe the Helm, Shoulder and Belt is unobtainable any other way. There is also the pet, though that one will most likely be sellable on the AH. And again, the 34 slot bag, which I believe is one of only 2 you can have on a single character as of this moment.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    A "unique" mog, most of the pieces are already available but I believe the Helm, Shoulder and Belt is unobtainable any other way. There is also the pet, though that one will most likely be sellable on the AH. And again, the 34 slot bag, which I believe is one of only 2 you can have on a single character as of this moment.
    is that black warfront set the horde have? i though those things would be selling as token, thats bananas, in fact i only need the helm shoulder to complete that one.

weird that we will not get another pre-patch mount

is that black warfront set the horde have? i though those things would be selling as token, thats bananas, in fact i only need the helm shoulder to complete that one.

weird that we will not get another pre-patch mount
    It's the same color as the PvP gladiator set, not the aspirant set. Not sure which one that was for Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's the same color as the PvP gladiator set, not the aspirant set. Not sure which one that was for Horde.
    what i know are those:

https://wow.zamimg.com/modelviewer/l...1/77/2893.webp
    https://wow.zamimg.com/modelviewer/l...1/76/2892.webp
    https://wow.zamimg.com/modelviewer/l...1/75/2891.webp

i think i have all of those, except those in normal red

like this one:
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/guide/images/14493.jpg

this one i can't get by any means:

From the art book in the collector's edition.

Just to try and explain it as succintly as I can.
    There are 3 tints of the Warfront armor, further there are 3 ranks for each. There is one tint from the Warfronts, one is the Gladiator and Elite Gladiator set, and the last one is the Aspirant set.
    All the ranks are available from the Warfront tint, only 2 from the Gladiator sets and only 1 from the Aspirant version.

The armor we get in the pre-patch is the final version of the Gladiator set.

I mean do I even need to say the R-word? Because that's the point. Influencers whined.
    name the influencer that said covenant abilities shouldnt be usable outside of shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know any influencer thats starts with the letter R. O.o
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    what influencer? nobody important asked for that.
    Well, of course not. We were talking about influencers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh yes, Rasmongold, my favorite influencer. Or maybe it was ReachGaming, Rowelliee or Rellular.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Can we use covenants abilities in RBG (etc) then ? If no, that's a great thing for example. Bad for soloing old BfA content maybe but who cares, we won't have legacy mode
    Yes it looks like anything effectively current content like rbg and battle grounds you can use them in but old content you can't but essences will still work in old content apparently so maybe a new way of keeping the "borrowed" power stuff still useful when doing content where it was introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Ahh yes, Rasmongold, my favorite influencer. Or maybe it was ReachGaming, Rowelliee or Rellular.
    I dunno, maybe he wasnt talking about an influencer afterall, maybe it was the Rlayerbase that wanted it.

On a more serious note though, I do wonder whetehr Blizzard intends to make expansion specific power work like this going forward. If we assume this change makes it so you cannot use it in instanced PvP then I think it would work as both a narrative tool and a way to maybe balance PvP better seeing as numerical tuning hardly matters there.

It is definitely a bit of a blow to have to go without what might be a core ability for the entire expansion, especially when Classes are still carrying the taint of post-WoD class design, but it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Yes it looks like anything effectively current content like rbg and battle grounds you can use them in but old content you can't but essences will still work in old content apparently so maybe a new way of keeping the "borrowed" power stuff still useful when doing content where it was introduced?
    That could be it. Though I feel this would be a case where Blizzard is definitely playing a bit too fast and loose with the internal rules. Either they should make it so it only works on Shadowlands content specifically, that being zones, dungeons and raids. Or they should just allow it to work everywhere. Muddling the waters with PvP is both a hit to realism (no matter how thin it already is) and also missing a golden opportunity to make PvP balancing more streamlined and easier to manage.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP rules should be separate from PVE anyways IMO
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And there we have the release date.

It won’t be long until the journey into the Shadowland begins. To help you prepare, select character services are available for 30% below their normal price from now through November 15, 2020.
    17th/18th.

So they bought themselves 2-3 weeks? Not sure if that is enough to fix all the questing bugs, they certainly didn't seem to have gotten on top of many of the WQ bugs this week
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    That's quite possible, but it's also quite possible that's not the release date, and that this is just a way to get people to spend a bit of money while they're waiting.