Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft: Nerflands

So, is there anything fun left in the new expansion? Seems to me like they nerfed everything to the ground, basically killing all the fun.

3 potency conduits -> 2
    ALL legendaries -> nerfed, turned into stat sticks with no flavour
    ALL conduit abilities -> nerfed, wont even work outside Shadowlands
    Loot gains -> reduced heavily
    XP gains in older content -> nerfed
    XP gains in Shadowlands -> nerfed, with problems to even get to max level without running dungeons etc.

They also unpruned classes only to prune them again in some cases. Removed GCDs which is good, but also made it so that some fun spells now only work as utility abilites, i.g. Hunter's Mark.

Worst of all, they are killing all the hype I had for the expansion. Does any1 feel the same? Shadowlands looked really good at the beginning, I've even forgiven them for not making a new class (which makes perfect sense now, sadly), but the more changes they make to the game, the less excited Im getting.

hunters mark having damage attached felt terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that expansion name.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was never hyped for Shadowlands to be honest. But whatever.

I'll play it and if I don't like it, I'll stop. Simple as that
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Actually not surprised. Hey...people cried us a river on this forum how there are BiS legendaries and when you don't have them you "lose your raidspot" or "nobody invites you to a PuG"

Don't say Blizzard doesn't listen to "feedback"

Can't wait for them to disable conduits and covenant traits in 5 man, pvp or raids...because of the QQ
    In today's news, expert developers lack foresight as they fail to implement mechanics that were already disliked by the playerbase several times before.

This isn't them trying something new and the forums shooting it down, this is them repeating past mistakes without a hint of self-awareness, just like BfA totally wasn't going to be another MoP, until it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    In today's news, expert developers lack foresight as they fail to implement mechanics that were already disliked by the playerbase several times before.

This isn't them trying something new and the forums shooting it down, this is them repeating past mistakes without a hint of self-awareness, just like BfA totally wasn't going to be another MoP, until it was.
    We didnt kill Sylvanas? She wasnt even an encounter?

Nerflands, Systemlands, funny how these mocking names work.

If they're commiting their new time after the delay for these horrible changes I'd rather have them release Shadowlands tomorrow. Because most changes they brought up in the last days were horrible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Oh, my bad, you're right, not having her as the final boss means it wasn't a pointless faction war with no consequences that ended with the villain escaping into the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    So, is there anything fun left in the new expansion? Seems to me like they nerfed everything to the ground, basically killing all the fun.

3 potency conduits -> 2
    ALL conduit abilities -> nerfed, wont even work outside Shadowlands
    XP gains in Shadowlands -> nerfed, with problems to even get to max level without running dungeons etc.

They also unpruned classes only to prune them again in some cases. Removed GCDs which is good, but also made it so that some fun spells now only work as utility abilites, i.g. Hunter's Mark.

Worst of all, they are killing all the hype I had for the expansion. Does any1 feel the same? Shadowlands looked really good at the beginning, I've even forgiven them for not making a new class (which makes perfect sense now, sadly), but the more changes they make to the game, the less excited Im getting.
    I'm gonna be honest with you. A lot of these were positive changes, with 10 years experience, I would think you would understand the game you play by now

Systemlands sounded better.
    Loot changes are good, but the covenants and conduits are atrocious and they come for the price of class design (bar Shadow, maybe).
    Think about it, conduits at this very moment are following the path of azerite traits in the last beta, absolutely stunning work from blizzard to be this boneheaded.

That's not fair, MoP was way more cohesive then BFA.

instead of changing the core covenant being not only cosmetic which is a big failure, they will nerf every covenant ability or soulbind, so thay it is less than 3% of our dps, making the tuning less relevant

Mandatory hunters Mark was fun?

Yikes, I don't think I care about your opinion on other things after this statement!!

3 potency conduits -> 2
    Of course less potency also means more utility/defensive options.
    This is actually a quite good move for giving classes more flavor and depth. DPS increases are boring, utility is what provides diversity.

They have posted just yesterday that they'll be buffing them again as the current tuning target is too low. But anything for some story right?

This is a net positive change. Less loot, but more control over the loot we get. Back to the roots of loot systems.

Being in full gear after a week was not fun. I don't subscribe to loot being a goal in itself as many do, but nevertheless its part of the endgame experience and progressing your character alongside the content is more fun then being showered in meaningless loot right from day 1.

You level faster in Shadowlands then you ever did on Live. But sure, lets call balancing the different expansions a nerf. Must pad your brilliant list some more!

The only people that have issues reaching max level are those that skip the majority of quests and only do the "campaign". If you try to do that in any previous expansion, you'll have the same issues. The only difference in Shadowlands is that the Campaign quests are actually clearly marked, so people started doing that...

Do the side quests like you did in previous expansions, and it'll be fine.

also made it so that some fun spells now only work as utility abilites, i.g. Hunter's Mark.
    This was done after massive feedback from hunters and very much a wanted change. But sure, lets call Blizzard bad.

All your points are practically nonsense. Next time they should start with very low gains and then only buff everything to balance it, instead of having to nerf it *during development*, so people like you can't make such silly threads? Sounds like a plan.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-10-08 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    This is actually a quite good move for giving classes more flavor and depth. DPS increases are boring, utility is what provides diversity.
    This isn't the case with Finesse and Endurance Conduits. They're in most cases pointless and add absolutely nothing to your class or spec. Their effects might be more boring than the effects of many Potency Conduits.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands Legendaries -- October 7
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We are currently in the process of tuning Legendary items, so in this latest Shadowlands Beta build, you may see many a number of Legendary effects have had their power reduced.

We’ve recently had internal discussions about our tuning targets for Legendaries and concluded that we were aiming too low with respect to their power. We’re working through another tuning pass on all of these items, and you should see further adjustments in an upcoming build.
    You should try reading the blue posts accompanying the changes, cause they explicitly said that they're doing another tuning pass after coming to the conclusion that they aimed too low with regards to the power of legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Ironically, pre-patch seems like it'll be more fun to me than the expansion itself. We get all the customization options and level squished down to 50 with a new leveling experience and starting zones. Shadowlands I get the Covenants/leveling which may or may not have too much replay value, some new dungeons/raids, the controversial Covenant abilities, and the accompanying cool back mogs, and Torghast which people are jerking the chicken over which may or may not be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    We didn't kill Garrosh either, in case you missed that.

Story wise it was the absolute same though, Horde went full McIntosh, started even hurting their own people, caused a rebellion, everyone and their mother marched on OG, big bad escapes into the next expansion. We just didn't have a raid for that, we had an ass-pull old god raid instead while the story was told in a cutscene.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-08 at 03:22 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    I'm gonna be honest with you. A lot of these were positive changes, with 10 years experience, I would think you would understand the game you play by now
    Im not saying some of these werent positive, I can understand how hunters appreciate the change to the Mark, although I liked it before, and I can also see how the vault is way better than the chest we had in BFA, dont even mind them removing the bonus rolls. However I am worried that without any luck protection there may go weeks without any new loot from dungeons or raids in a form of drops. Which still feels much better then grabbing item from vendor or a vault (basically the same).

The points is, all those things I listed added some flavour, lets call it fun factor. And they nerfed the fun factor by a mile now. Tuning Legendaries so they do a bit more % stuff wont help if all the cool stuff from them gets removed in the first place, thats why I called them stat sticks.

And nope, never gonna convince me that disabling covenant abilities outside Shadowlands was a positive change. Thats absolutely contrary to everything I experienced in the game for the past 10+ years.

Oh, my bad, you're right, not having her as the final boss means it wasn't a pointless faction war with no consequences that ended with the villain escaping into the next expansion.
    Sylvanas isn't the villain, N'zoth was. Your predisposition makes you believe Sylvanas is the villain. She's morally gray, dude. She's a character with some questionable tendencies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We didn't kill Garrosh either, in case you missed that.

Story wise it was the absolute same though, Horde went full McIntosh, started even hurting their own people, caused a rebellion, everyone and their mother marched on OG, big bad escapes into the next expansion. We just didn't have a raid for that, we had an ass-pull old god raid instead while the story was told in a cutscene.
    As much as you want it to be, it's not the same. Sylvanas isn't a raid boss.