Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The amount of troll in that response is ridiculous.
    It's short, "sincere," and the perfect amount of "fuck you."

He could also say:

"Let's stop pestering Trump about the debate, we have learned that nobody can force Trump to do something he doesn't want to to."

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think that was the Super Tuesday plan all along.
    Yah. I'd expect so. If Biden wins, I sincerely hope he has a good balance of progressives and moderates in his cabinet.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Let's stop pestering Trump about the debate, we have learned that nobody can force Trump to do something he doesn't want to to."
    Too hostile. Lacks the feigned civility.

Biden should 100% show up anyhow. Just to drive the point home. Would not be the first Florida-based town hall with softball questions he's had this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Too hostile. Lacks the feigned civility.

Biden should 100% show up anyhow. Just to drive the point home. Would not be the first Florida-based town hall with softball questions he's had this week.
    Oh, he should show up, and if Trump doesn't, turn it into a "Ross Perot" show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    He wants 12 total (well, probably more at this point).
    He'll be lucky if he has 12 more days at this rate with how the virus is hitting him.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

lul, really trump accused harris to be a communist? damn, the 20's are returning, first mussolini inspired hitler, now berlusconi forged trump...
    italia uber alles!

10+ Year Old Account
    So what else is on the news.

Pelosi brings up the 25th.

"WHOA! She can't do that!"

Well she can bring it up, but you're right, she can't enact it. This is a troll move to get Trump all mad.

Pelosi also wisely dismissed the idea of a bailout for airlines, such as Boeing hint hint, without anything in return. It's not negotiation if one side gets everything they wants, then leaves with no concessions. If McConnell is serious enough to talk unemployment aid, we might see something. Funny story, unemployment is a little down now, so giving Democrats unemployment aid in exchange for PPP help is actually a better move now than it was last time, from the GOP standpoint. They'll get more and give less. They're not doing it.

Biden has suggested that showing up to a Trumpless debate isn't worth his time, saying instead he'll talk to the voters directly. Yep, Biden is putting this 100% on Trump, which only makes sense. Instead, Biden asks for the town hall second debate to be moved to Oct 22, the third debate's time frame.

"Hey Biden can't change the rules!"

Trump already changed the rules. Biden is really just asking for the second debate, the one Trump cancelled. So, no, he isn't.

Also apparently I missed the part of Trump's phone interview where he said he wasn't going to show up because they would cut his mic.

You sit behind a computer and do a debate - it’s ridiculous and then they cut you off whenever they want
    Trump seems really upset at the rules applying to him. Incidentally, if that's the real reason, why not show up, wait for the mic to be cut, and THEN say "Ahah! Got you! You cut my mic for no reason!" and walk out? Why say "this could be unfair" when "this is unfair" is an option? Why not force the issue?

Is it because Trump is lying? Or is it because he's a coward? I know some people might say "well he won't give the rigged Committee rigged rules rigged rigged satisfaction rigged!" but after being called out for rampant rule-breaking last time, does he really get to say "they would cut me off for no reason" and pretend it's true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is legit like one step away from poisoning or having Biden "have an accident". Real talk, were that to happen, does anyone think Republican Senators would do anything or would they be like "I'm troubled, but, we just don't know what happened... oh well".
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-10-08 at 04:44 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Remember how so many people were saying Biden was going to suddenly come down with Covid to get out of the debates?

The irony is not lost on me. We now have Trump running away from debates after getting sick due to his own stupidity, and showing signs of dementia.

I will say, the light hurricane year is a pleasant change of pace.
    What debate is Trump running away from? He has shown a desire to do the 2nd debate in person.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    According to this Gallup poll a nice 69% of Americans believe Trump is spreading misinformation about COVID-19.

58% said "a great deal" 11% said "a bit".

The poll also shows a great distruct in information from social media -- bad news for Trump. If the Russian bots he asked for don't get the results he wants, he's going to lose by even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Trump is legit like one step away from poisoning or having Biden "have an accident". Real talk, were that to happen, does anyone think Republican Senators would do anything or would they be like "I'm troubled, but, we just don't know what happened... oh well".
    Trump doesn't have that kind of power. He likes to pretend he's on par with Putin, but he's at best a lapdog Putin has nowhere near his lap.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Trump is legit like one step away from poisoning or having Biden "have an accident".
    Thankfully the FBI seems to be keeping track of Trump's militias (see MI), but this is a legitimate concern. Trump is radicalizing people, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an assassination attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    What debate is Trump running away from? He has shown a desire to do the 2nd debate in person.
    And yet, he's walking away from this one. You do know Team Trump brought the virus with them and made 11 Committee staffers sick, because they didn't follow the honor system, right? This enforcement of the rules, not rule changes, is being brought to the table because of Trump.

Trump is a bully and a coward, and after both infecting the first debate with COVID-19 and also refusing to follow the other rules (shouting so much even FOX News host had to shut him down), he's faced with consequences and throwing a tantrum like a spoiled little brat. You don't get to handwave that with "but his currently infectuous body needs to be there or it's not fair".

The one he refuses to participate in.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I just thought of something.

No, nor do I believe in monsters..
    So...you want to get in on the 24-hour challenge, too? Maybe you call yourself a Trump supporter, maybe you don't. But your post history is sitting right there.

Is it okay if I call a Trump supporter a "monster" purely for their political position? I think I'd like you to answer this one.

While infected with covid, because he wants to spread the virus apparently. Also, because he's roided the fuck out, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the heck difference does a virtual stage make over an in-person stage? You do realize, don't you, that this is what the US public sees during even an in-person debate, right?

It's certainly a "virtual" debate for all of us.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

They're not doing the debate in person anymore because Trump has COVID and are making it a virtual/online event. Trump refuses to do a virtual/online debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    According to this Gallup poll a nice 69% of Americans believe Trump is spreading misinformation about COVID-19.
    Nice .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Did he get some dexamethasone, too? That might explain it...
    OH wait, it gets better.

As President Trump said, a virtual debate is a non-starter and would clearly be a gift to Biden because he would be relying on his teleprompter from his basement bunker.

Voters should have the opportunity to directly question Biden’s 47-year failed record of leadership. We agree that this should happen on October 22, and accordingly, the third debate should then be shifted back one week to October 29. The CPD and the media cannot hide Joe Biden forever. Americans deserve to hear directly from both presidential candidates on these dates, October 22 and 29.
    First of all, attacking the Committee won't make any friends.

Second of all, "the media"? Didn't NBC News put Biden on a stage and lob softballs at him for an hour?

Third of all, hah hah, Trump accusing someone else of using a telepromptor.

Fourth of all, hah hah, Trump accusing someone else of hiding in a bunker.

Fifth of all, accusations without evidence all around. Conspiracy theories made up with no evidence in any way.

Hey @Zeth Hawkins you wanna weigh in on this, too? Can you find the evidence that Biden was using a telepromtor? Can you find the evidence of Biden hiiding in a bunker for the debate? This might be difficult, they haven't happened yet.