The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the NFLs new plan is instead of forfeits just vacating games if teams keep having issues. Makes the top of the draft less chaotic since nobody gets wins on a technicality.

Side effect, win percentage would be also used for the playoffs.

Side side effect, the NFC East finally would lose its free playoff slot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm not sure I care for vacating games. If the Bills are 12-3 at the end of the season and miss the #1 seed because someone else is 13-3 (higher win pct), that'll piss me off.

I'd rather they push games to the week 18 they held open for this reason.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point, it's almost Thursday evening, and I can't believe the NFL hasn't made a decision about this Bills-Titans game yet. Our starting safety Micah Hyde was on the radio just an hour ago and said, "As far as Sunday, I have been told that we have no idea what is going on." What a shitshow.

Per the NFL's OWN protocols, the Titans can't practice before Sunday. And that's assuming Friday/Sat's tests come back negative. They keep pushing off making a decision, hoping there'll be two days of no positives, but what happens if they reschedule to M/Tu and then a positive test comes back on Sunday, and the Titans can't practice again but are forced to play, and the Bills are forced to play against a team with an active outbreak.

Pats/Broncos is being moved to Monday night. I'm sure the TV execs are real excited for another prime time game with this very bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm not sure I care for vacating games. If the Bills are 12-3 at the end of the season and miss the #1 seed because someone else is 13-3 (higher win pct), that'll piss me off.
    Almost should be we should treat the positives as injuries and you get to play with the deck you are dealt. Your starting QB decides to party it up and gets infected then oh well.. Back up QB time.

Bills-Titans moves to Tuesday at 6 PM assuming no more positive tests for the Titans.

Bills-Chiefs moved from Thursday to Sunday. Sucks that we lost a nationally televised game, but oh well.

If the Titans do have more positive tests, Bills-Chiefs reverts to Thursday, and I guess they'll deal with the Bills-Titans game some other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bills-Titans moves to Tuesday at 6 PM assuming no more positive tests for the Titans.

Bills-Chiefs moved from Thursday to Sunday. Sucks that we lost a nationally televised game, but oh well.

If the Titans do have more positive tests, Bills-Chiefs reverts to Thursday, and I guess they'll deal with the Bills-Titans game some other way.
    At least they have a plan, a stupid plan, but a plan.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The gymnastics to keep this going are nuts. This is why people talked about pausing the season.

The NFL actually floated through their mouthpiece Adam Schefter, that having no nationally televised game between two of the best teams in the AFC as potentially a good thing, to get away from the Presidential debate scheduled on Thursday.

And I was so hoping my team would spare me having to watch that goddamn thing.

What I am getting from this is the Bills/Titans won't actually be Tuesday and Bills/Chiefs will still be Thursday.

Oh and there is a presidential debate, living under a rock in the middle of the ocean has its benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering there's no debate happening, that's not really a good excuse from them.

So the Pats/Broncos game is going to be at 5pm on Monday. Probably for the best, they should have gone even earlier so no one could see it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great final 30 seconds arians. Saving those timeouts for the second half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna lie I'm afraid of the Bears as a Packers fan.

Oh sure their offense sucks, but they're hanging in there with defense. Packers drop a game or two and I'm afraid the Bears will clutch out the North.

Can't wait for all the takes about Brady with him forgetting what down they were on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Can't wait for all the takes about Brady with him forgetting what down they were on.
    He taught Hoyer everything he knows...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well apparently there's now video proof the Titans held workouts (at a high school) while under COVID protocols. So.... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well apparently there's now video proof the Titans held workouts (at a high school) while under COVID protocols. So.... yeah.
    And Ian Rapoport may of got suspended from NFL network for quote tweeting the picture from a few days ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    And Ian Rapoport may of got suspended from NFL network for quote tweeting the picture from a few days ago.
    That’s actually a bigger deal to me. They’re punishing maybe the biggest name in nfl news for sharing news. I’m not saying it’s breaking journalism but it makes them look even worse than the normal bad stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    That’s actually a bigger deal to me. They’re punishing maybe the biggest name in nfl news for sharing news. I’m not saying it’s breaking journalism but it makes them look even worse than the normal bad stuff.
    That was the early news, but it sounds like now it was because of something to do with an ad on an instagram post.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/...25791893835776

Which makes more sense.

So the Patriots facility got shut down after another positive test, yet the NFL is still planning on having the game tomorrow. Real smart move by the morons making that decision if they go through with it.