Poll: Lorewise who does the most damage.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

From a lore perspective, which tank class would do the most damage?

• Monk - staggering, fists, drunk power and nature magic.
    • Warrior - weapon and shield
    • Paladin - weapon and shield with the light
    • Bear - powerful teeth and claws, with arcane and nature
    • Death Knight - 2H weapon with the power of blood and death
    • Demon hunter - Fel enhanced demon, with claws, highly destructive fel and arcane counter balances.

in theory, who would do the most damage, and who would be the most vulnerable?

Imo, DH is probably the highest damage dealer and the most vulnerable - Bears are powerfully strong, add arcane and nature magic to it.. but then fel juiced super demon > bear.

Warriors in plate and shield got a lot of protection, but Paladins have the same and the magic of the light which is very protective. Monks can dodge the most, so they'd be hard to hit, fast and quick, but the DH has similar levels of speed and lot more power. Bear has a lot of padding, and surprising mobility , with nature and arcane to enhance, in some cases this is better than plate, but I think I'd take plate over it.

DK is hard to guage, it's very powerful, but DKs aren't Arthas Menethils with Frostmourne and Helm of Damnation., you have to remember that, so based on what their magic can access, while powerful i think they fall behind the DH and the Bear druids.

Most people think of DKs as Arthas, but Arthas is an exception and most of his power was in the helm and frostmourne - neither of which DKs have. You don't think of all mages as Azhara, Medivh or Illidan, nor all warlocks as Gul'dan, or Kil'jaedan now do we. Bear that in minde.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-10-09 at 12:31 AM.

Warrior.

Four of the other tanks are just casters masquerading as a tank. The last is a meth addicted hummingbird masquerading as a tank.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the lead member of each DK’s would be the strongest with arthas as an example with DH being only slightly behind if by them selfs.

Bears pally warriors and monks don’t come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Warrior.

Four of the other tanks are just casters masquerading as a tank. The last is a meth addicted hummingbird masquerading as a tank.
    So do you only do dungeons and raids with Warrior tanks or what?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    lorewise, warriors are the only true tank. The rest are 2nd rate imposters.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Source? If you say "lorewise" there has to be some proof to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you even name a major lore character warrior who uses a sword and shield as there main weapons?

7+ Year Old Account
    In terms of overall damage, it would have to be a toss-up between a Blood DK and a Vengeance DH.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    a bear should do more damage then any human.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question relates to DAMAGE dealing, not tankiness. As strong as a jacked up dude with armor and sword/shield is, in terms of inflicting raw damage to an enemy, im going with DH for the use of fel infused blades, immolation, demon spikes, etc. DK could be close though.

No question Vengeance DH would do the most damage. They are like 10 foot tall demons on roids that immolates anyone close to them with demon fire and can fly...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Can you even name a major lore character warrior who uses a sword and shield as there main weapons?
    Danath Trollbane and Anduin Lothar both had Sword and Shield combo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Danath Trollbane and Anduin Lothar both had Sword and Shield combo.
    Would you really count either as major lore characters though? neither seem even close to like varian garrosh grom muradin ect. though i guess Lothar seems more like a major character for WC 1-2 but not really wow.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think it's pretty obvious that DH and DK, from a lore perspective, far and away have more destructive capabilities than the other tanking classes.

From a lore perspective the specializations hardly have any meaning. Lore characters are typically capable of mastering the full range of their respective class's abilities, so the distinction sort of becomes meaningless.

That being said, some major lore characters do seem to choose a spec, such as Jaina with frost. But I would argue this is simply about preference and not specifically specialization. I mean look at her flying boat, that was arcane AF. And Hearthstone (non-canon but it helps my point), in which she's fire blasting practically every chance she gets.

I think DH ultimately takes the cake. In my opinion, Fel has more raw destructive power than Death.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    DK and DH.
    Yeah, I was going to say between those two. They're the most aggressive and Fel and Unholy Freezing/Diseases sounds painful to be on the receiving end of.

Would you really count either as major lore characters though? neither seem even close to like varian garrosh grom muradin ect. though i guess Lothar seems more like a major character for WC 1-2 but not really wow.
    Don't move the goalposts when you're proven wrong. Accept it. He answered your question.

It's hard to go past a DH as the highest dps. I at first thought druid cause they're basically an animal with lots of armor bit as others have pointed out, magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Looking at the lead member of each DK’s would be the strongest with arthas as an example with DH being only slightly behind if by them selfs.

Bears pally warriors and monks don’t come close.
    I get Bear/Warrior/Monk not coming close, but surely a truly devout Paladin would be in with a shout?

The idea that some regular schmoe with a sword and shield could stand up to anyone with magical is kind of silly, but then again the entire concept of a tank is pretty silly. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Don't move the goalposts when you're proven wrong. Accept it. He answered your question.

It's hard to go past a DH as the highest dps. I at first thought druid cause they're basically an animal with lots of armor bit as others have pointed out, magic.
    It wasn't a general challenge it was a specific question to a specific person, Kinda moot now though I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I get Bear/Warrior/Monk not coming close, but surely a truly devout Paladin would be in with a shout?
    pally's aren't all that good at damaging stuff unless its a demon or undead so in a general sense they suck as much as the others.