Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait I thought that a recent patch or one that is supposed to be coming out before Shadowlands made it so every class could be a Death Knight or Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwoodrelic View Post
    the only reason they stated in the past was that there would be no pandarian trainer in gilnaes or with the goblins but with the new zone, it makes no sense.
    Counterpoint: Draenei. Their start zone was based on before they join the alliance.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I thought it was an inner rage thing, that Worgen were incapable of the control required to be monks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I know I wouldn't want to get clawed or kicked by a Worgen, but look at the races without monks. Those are the ones we should all be afraid of, because they're all inherently wild, corrupt, or evil. They don't have the humility or discipline to train with other monks.
    *Looks at Orcs and Forsaken*

Right.

Dont forget those wild, corrupt, and/or evil Lightforged Draenei.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The only explanation I can think of that makes ACTUAL sense (as opposed to pretend sense) is that the models don't have all the Monk animations or that there's some other kind of technical limitation involved that keeps them from doing it.

Monks

At this point, Blizzard has no reason to allow Worgen to not be Monks. They can be priests, mages and warlocks which means they need sound mind and focus. Hunter, rogue, druid and warrior completely make sense because of style, rage, abilities from movies to show them being sneaky and lore wise, an argument made sense for druid. We also have Kul Tiran druids which doesn't make sense to me but they can be Shamans too. I think Worgen monks is long over due. It's just another class (like warriors) that should be a given to every race just because. Like gnome warriors don't make sense but they have them. Little guys like that should be solely ranged classes but no, they get warrior too. They only classes that makes sense for restrictions is Demon Hunter, Pally, Druid and Shaman. Silly blizzard, I want a kung Fu Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwoodrelic View Post
    With the introduction of Exiles Reach, where you come in as a novice adventurer and you actively go though training how to use that class. So with that feature, why can worgen still not be monks?

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Just imagine this guy as a goblin:
    LOL that was awesome and I hope it happens. Merge that idea with the character archetype from the Cobra Kai dojo. Semi-skilled but a big bully cashing in on ignorance of other Goblins who want to be Monks.

Also, a Worgen Monk would have to be classified as a Lethal Weapon. That kind of fighting prowess with claws that deadly.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-10-08 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The only explanation I can think of that makes ACTUAL sense (as opposed to pretend sense) is that the models don't have all the Monk animations or that there's some other kind of technical limitation involved that keeps them from doing it.
    Worgen and Goblins always had monk animations. Even in MoP.

The only reason why they cant be monks is because of their starting zones beeing stuck in time before monks were a thing. The easiest way to fix that is by only letting Worgen and Goblin Monks play through Exiles Reach.

Their Chi just isn't aligned, bruh

Honestly, I don't know. I think it made chronological sense during MoP, but that was *looks at date* holy shit, 8 years ago. Yeah, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    Worgen and Goblins always had monk animations. Even in MoP.

The only reason why they cant be monks is because of their starting zones beeing stuck in time before monks were a thing. The easiest way to fix that is by only letting Worgen and Goblin Monks play through Exiles Reach.
    Yeah I guess the lore thing might be a reason then, idk.

Blizzard does as Blizzard will.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exile's reach should allow them to get monks

I mean... Frickin' Void elves can be monks and they are one bad day away from going looney, so no excuse
    Also Lightforged Draenei. They didn't get monks either for whatever reason
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I think everyone should have Monks and Rogues.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Not having Worgen Monks make sense to me. Even though the curse is still largely under control, they aren't able to keep their fury at bay, hence why they worgen-out whenever there's combat around. someone like that doesn't have the balance needed to be a monk.
    To be very frank, lore is the last reason for anything to be exclusive. Lore is mainly the explanation for game design/mechanics being exclusive, not the other way around.

They could write about how Worgen can't be Rogues because they're too wild to be stealthy and people would have accepted that as lore just the same. Truth is there really isn't any reason why any class couldn't be a Rogue, even Tauren and Draenei. The class implies subtle use of 'shadow magic' to become invisible, as we've seen from the Saurfang cinematics. That could be taught to anyone.

Werewolf Monks have been a fantasy staple. The primary reason they were excluded was the lack of trainers in the starting areas. Anything else is just an 'excuse'.

One good reason to have Worgen Monks is that they'd finally have a class that is able to use their unarmed attacks in melee
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-10-08 at 10:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? I think they forgot lol because I'm pretty sure they said it was coming with the updated models, that being said Worgen just got updated? So...who knows...maybe its still coming lol

I honestly don't know. Obviously, monk education doesn't take long, since nightborne, mag'har, and mechagnomes can be monks and they have only recently been exposed to the "greater world" which allows them access to monk trainers. Lightforged make some sense to not have monks, since they strike as a type of people that allow only sanctioned vocations. But only reason for Cata races to not have monks is that a pandaren trainer would be out of place in Gilneas, and thus - because of the symmetry - goblins can't be monks too.

Now that new starting experience is available for all core races, I don't see why would goblin and worgen be denied the monk class.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    I think everyone should have Monks and Rogues.
    The only non-rogue races have hooves.

Imagine trying to sneak around with hooves.

7+ Year Old Account
    because unlike blizzard said, don't care about the world-fantasy. They don't want give races some classes because they would have too much, while we have tons of races with almost every class, its just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The only non-rogue races have hooves.

Imagine trying to sneak around with hooves.

there is actually rogues taurens and draeneis, we just can't play then because blizzard arbitrary decision

isn't like the smell of a udnead would be worse than a draenei sneaking, especially when they can do tht in some uests

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Not having Worgen Monks make sense to me. Even though the curse is still largely under control, they aren't able to keep their fury at bay, hence why they worgen-out whenever there's combat around. someone like that doesn't have the balance needed to be a monk.

Goblins though, I can't see why they wouldn't be.
    "Attachment to the material is detachment from the spiritual."

Well, that is a quote from Infinity War ofc but it makes sense here. Goblins are too materialistic to be Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Werewolf Monks have been a fantasy staple.
    You thinking that werewolf monks are a staple is the fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    One good reason to have Worgen Monks is that they'd finally have a class that is able to use their unarmed attacks in melee
    Except that they'd be using their palms/pads, not their claws.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yet we can be undead priests?

Consistency is fun!
    Lorewise, they're shadow.

The usual stupid nonsense about certain races' themes not fitting certain classes, as well as their internal reasons about keeping some made-up class balance between the factions.

Meanwhile...Tauren paladins. Yeah, because that makes a whole lot of sense, but we can't have Night Elf paladins despite totally fitting the race theme, there being Night Elf paladins NPCs in the game, and the general fantasy folklore having elven paladins of all kinds.