Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What portion of Unholy should be emphasized with dual wielding? With Frost, DW shifts the focus to Frost Strike, whereas 2hander moves the damage more into Obliterate.

Unlike Frost, Unholy has it's damage divided into many, many different sources, so it's not so easy imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I feel like they could easily make it where Unholy does more damage with straight abilities with a 2h, and more DoT damage with 2 1hs. Would fit the theme - Unholy dual wield would hit with multiple sources, culminating in high damage - While 2h hits hard initially, with minor DoT damage on the side.

But that said, I think it's a lot of work that is ultimately wasted on purely aesthetic things. If 2h Unholy would be planned to be equally strong to dual wield Unholy, there's no point, since both would bring the same buffs.

If all you're interested in is aesthetic, then you want to play a different class for your aesthetic. If you prefer DK, you prefer DK.
    DW unholy could be focused on the Shadowfrost spec with ToT built in. They moved ToT deeper into the frost spec to get people away from SD procs. 2H could be Centered on SS and blizz can make it more crit centered and DW more mastery centered. I'd just love to DW Last Laugh.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I think it always made more sense for unholy to be the dual wield spec, and for frost to be the 2h spec.

Frost's kit was always about crit, and crits just fit better with big punchy two-handers. Like Frostmourne.

Whereas unholy's kit was always about dots / pets / magic / a flurry of weak attacks that build up into significant DPS together.

So yes it is mostly an aesthetic thing. I wouldn't personally mind if the devs did some magic and also allowed blood to dual wield without changing anything about it in a way that lets people who like dual wield to not have to worry about getting a two hander, and vice versa.
    To be fair,the frostmourne argument doesn't hold much impact here,given that Arthas was an unholy DK. Still,the rest makes sense

I've always thought that Frost should be the 2h while Unholy should be dual wield, especially when they revamped Unholy for Legion

Thematically it makes sense, you'd want two fast weapons to infect as many enemies as you could before you popped the wounds.

I wonder if you can just transmog the frost artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the sake of balancing, it is interesting that Frost would be allowed to choose between either using 1 weapon or 2 weapons in regards to Runeforging enchants.

I would have to imagine class design is in mind. Perhaps they feel Unholy would be too powerful if allowed to have 2 Runeforge enchants? Fallen Crusader and the new Runic Power one come to mind as a gnarly combo.

And i want metamorphosis and gladiator spec back.
    But nooooooo.
    I support dual wield unholy though, people seemed to have enjoyed it, anything that increases fun and diversity in the game is good.

I'd like a 2h frost tanking DK again...but that's not happening

I just want diseaseless blood dps back again more than 2h vs dw specs. Def won’t happen though

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I think they should, unholy when it came out was pretty much only dualwield. It feels right.
    Wrong. There was one widely known meme spec that was half UH half Frost and was DW. Everybody else went 2H.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    WC3 only had Arthas and his clones during online play and there were dual wielding DKs in Vanilla Naxx weren't there?
    There was also DKs with shields

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I think it always made more sense for unholy to be the dual wield spec, and for frost to be the 2h spec.

Frost's kit was always about crit, and crits just fit better with big punchy two-handers. Like Frostmourne.

Whereas unholy's kit was always about dots / pets / magic / a flurry of weak attacks that build up into significant DPS together.

So yes it is mostly an aesthetic thing. I wouldn't personally mind if the devs did some magic and also allowed blood to dual wield without changing anything about it in a way that lets people who like dual wield to not have to worry about getting a two hander, and vice versa.
    Yeah....it's a shame they never went these routes.

Frost always seemed like it should be a powerhouse with a massive weapon and crushing abilities (I mean one of their abilities is called Obliterate after all) and Unholy would be the death by a thousand cuts (Festering Wounds with bursting with disease)

Just a shame they went the total opposite in Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I think they should, unholy when it came out was pretty much only dualwield. It feels right.
    I wish they would restore their original glory where every spec could tank or dps too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I wish they would restore their original glory where every spec could tank or dps too.
    Doubt that will ever happen...probably better off being like me and just waiting and hoping that eventually we'll get WotLK legacy servers, at least there is hope that it may happen down the road since they're may have interest in such for BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. 10chars
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

It could be interesting, harkening back to Wrath days, but it would force another exclusivity.

Which, will probably piss off a lot more people than it will please.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even slightly interested honestly. I've always thought of a Death Knight as a heavily armoured juggernaut wielding a massive rune empowered weapon. Generally slow, but unstoppable. Not a massive DW fan.

I'm glad Frost is going back to 2H as an option (as it should be). Whereas Unholy is the pet/disease/wound one, Frost it the simple brutal spec swinging their weapon around and obliterating things. I mean, the summary of what Frost should be to me is Bolvar in the Cinematic, complete with the glacier chunks.

Dual Wield can be for Rogues, DH and Shaman. Let Death Knight swing those 2H runeblades
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Not even slightly interested honestly. I've always thought of a Death Knight as a heavily armoured juggernaut wielding a massive rune empowered weapon. Generally slow, but unstoppable. Not a massive DW fan.

I'm glad Frost is going back to 2H as an option (as it should be). Whereas Unholy is the pet/disease/wound one, Frost it the simple brutal spec swinging their weapon around and obliterating things. I mean, the summary of what Frost should be to me is Bolvar in the Cinematic, complete with the glacier chunks.

Dual Wield can be for Rogues, DH and Shaman. Let Death Knight swing those 2H runeblades
    Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean others aren't...DK's have had DW as a option since the beginning...no reason they shouldn't get it back.

I want double shield on my prot warrior, like captain america. -.-
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

I want to tripple wield fistweapons.

I like Unholy how it is, a 2 hand spec.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX