Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    There you go.
    I also was looking forward to summoning the kyrian steward for RP reasons as a Paladin.

What now?

BETA FORUM BLUE POST!!!!

We’ll be reverting this change for next week’s update. It’s something we were on the fence about internally, and seeing the range of reactions has been helpful in making it clear that it wasn’t the right move.

We explored adding this restriction partly for world-fantasy reasons (I mean, it’s a bit weird seeing someone’s summoned swolekin just hanging out in the Orgrimmar AH), but mainly as an exploration of how to make expansion-specific systems feel more grounded in their expansion from the outset. Covenants are the centerpiece of Shadowlands, but when the following expansion comes out (yes, there will be one), we know we’ll need to ensure that a returning player doesn’t need to go back and do the full covenant progression in order to be complete and competitive. And when that time comes, it won’t feel great to lose something that will have come to feel like a part of your character.

That led us to this experiment of just establishing these powers as inherently tied to the Shadowlands, so that nothing would technically change when the time comes for players to move on to the next chapter in their journey. But reducing that feeling of loss a couple of years from now isn’t worth the expense of a weaker sense of connection to your covenants in the meantime, along with feeling like a part of your character is missing when you’re running legacy content. The feedback around this change makes that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I also was looking forward to summoning the kyrian steward for RP reasons as a Paladin.

What now?
    Just trying to track down the goalposts, you have shifted them so many times now i have lost track. Your arguments didnt hold any water, just move on. Anyone can come up with some absolutely bogus and absurd reason they want X to work in Y scenario, but that doesnt mean it should be allowed.

If they keep this change, fine, if they revert it, fine. It really has little to no impact on anyone, and your inability to present a solid argument confirms this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just trying to track down the goalposts, you have shifted them so many times now i have lost track. Your arguments didnt hold any water, just move on. Anyone can come up with some absolutely bogus and absurd reason they want X to work in Y scenario, but that doesnt mean it should be allowed.
    Oh look, they just reverted the change. What now?

Also implying im shifting goalposts when I gave you an example that wasn't good enough for you is fantastic.

Thanks for making my last hour or two enjoyable.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2020-10-08 at 11:09 PM.

Conduits and soulbinds work. It's literally just the abilities that are unusable. There's no consistency in this.
    Even worse then, the stuff that's fun to use (or useful in old content, like movement abilities, especially for wheelchair classes like Pallies) are disabled but a myriad passive buffs aren't, despite coming from the same power source in lore.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Oh look, they just reverted the change. What now?
    Like i said from the beginning - it was a non issue. And Blizzard obviously agree - it was NEVER a big deal, and you failed to provide a single argument that supported your dislike of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like i said from the beginning - it was a non issue. And Blizzard obviously agree - it was NEVER a big deal, and you failed to provide a single argument that supported your dislike of it.
    A non issue that you also felt was worth responding to me for roughly 2 hours. Love you.

See, now I feel much better. Blizzard listened and they spoke. Now this is hopefully something that we can just wash our hands of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Glad to see this change officially reverted, it didn't make a lot of sense gameplay-wise.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Glad to see this change officially reverted, it didn't make a lot of sense gameplay-wise.
    Amen to that brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally! Thank you Blizzard!
    Glad Blizzard didn’t listen to “Muh RPG” crowd.

For all the players arguing this idiotic move makes sense consider this - In IOC a player can destroy a tank with a dagger. If players can suspend reality for that, they can do it for allowing covenant abilities in BGs and Arena. Case closed !!!

It was a big enough deal for Blizzard to revert the change. Strange behaviour for such a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    It was a big enough deal for Blizzard to revert the change. Strange behaviour for such a non-issue.
    It was such a non issue, Blizzard had no problem reverting the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I am sure some do. Maybe you. But what I do realize is I do not see many max level players in old zones.
    its not old zones
    its old raids and dungeons and maybe even a few zones with super rare mounts

- - - Updated - - -

based on the fact that torghast is also an area you cant use abilities im going to say its a bug

its gotta be a bug because they are not this retarded

- - - Updated - - -

so it was not a bug but they immediately realized the issue and that their thought process was not ok. I mean its one ability and if ppl level through shadowlands then they only get the ability through each zone because you have to cap 60 to choose a covenant as a new character

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318436/...of-shadowlands

I would not have been a big deal but they reverted it so thats fine too.

For those who missed it earlier in the thread when skimming here it is in a more pronounce method so it stands out and catches the eye more:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We’ll be reverting this change in next week’s update. It’s something we were on the fence about internally, and seeing the range of reactions has been helpful in making it clear that it wasn’t the right move.

We explored adding this restriction partly for world-fantasy reasons (I mean, it’s a bit weird seeing someone’s summoned swolekin just hanging out in the Orgrimmar AH), but mainly as an exploration of how to make expansion-specific systems feel more grounded in their expansion from the outset. Covenants are the centerpiece of Shadowlands, but when the following expansion comes out (yes, there will be one), we know we’ll need to ensure that a returning player doesn’t need to go back and do the full covenant progression in order to be complete and competitive. And when that time comes, it won’t feel great to lose something that will have come to feel like a part of your character.

That led us to this experiment of just establishing these powers as inherently tied to the Shadowlands, so that nothing would technically change when the time comes for players to move on to the next chapter in their journey. But reducing that feeling of loss a couple of years from now isn’t worth the expense of a weaker sense of connection to your covenants in the meantime, along with feeling like a part of your character is missing when you’re running legacy content. The feedback around this change makes that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by lucetia View Post
    for those who missed it earlier in the thread when skimming here it is in a more pronounce method so it stands out and catches the eye more:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    we’ll be reverting this change in next week’s update. It’s something we were on the fence about internally, and seeing the range of reactions has been helpful in making it clear that it wasn’t the right move.

We explored adding this restriction partly for world-fantasy reasons (i mean, it’s a bit weird seeing someone’s summoned swolekin just hanging out in the orgrimmar ah), but mainly as an exploration of how to make expansion-specific systems feel more grounded in their expansion from the outset. Covenants are the centerpiece of shadowlands, but when the following expansion comes out (yes, there will be one), we know we’ll need to ensure that a returning player doesn’t need to go back and do the full covenant progression in order to be complete and competitive. And when that time comes, it won’t feel great to lose something that will have come to feel like a part of your character.

That led us to this experiment of just establishing these powers as inherently tied to the shadowlands, so that nothing would technically change when the time comes for players to move on to the next chapter in their journey. But reducing that feeling of loss a couple of years from now isn’t worth the expense of a weaker sense of connection to your covenants in the meantime, along with feeling like a part of your character is missing when you’re running legacy content. The feedback around this change makes that clear.
    ty blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    in old content you press 1 aoe spell and everything in sight is dead, if it saves them dev time by simply disabling them instead of trying to make them work retroactivly in that content i really dont see how anyone can be against that. OLD content has 0 meaning in retail wow everyone insta dies i could spam fan of knives and everything insta dies.
    You seem to not have read my post about the difference between "needing" and "wanting". Also, you seem to ignore that old content is also farming and running around in the many non-Shadowlands zones and dungeons. How disappointing would it be to not have your night fae fox form or other covenant based movement and ultility spells in that scenario?

Blizzard heard us, though, so we can safely say this argument is settled. The anti-fun police can sheathe its weapons.

It was such a non issue, Blizzard had no problem reverting the change.
    LOL a non issue that generates over 18 pages of discussion and annoys your user base so much that you have to revert it. Was the removal of flying a non issue as well since they reverted that?