Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Shadowlands Covenant Ability Location Restriction Removed

Shadowlands Covenant Ability Location Restriction Removed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ll be reverting this change in next week’s update. It’s something we were on the fence about internally, and seeing the range of reactions has been helpful in making it clear that it wasn’t the right move.

We explored adding this restriction partly for world-fantasy reasons (I mean, it’s a bit weird seeing someone’s summoned swolekin just hanging out in the Orgrimmar AH), but mainly as an exploration of how to make expansion-specific systems feel more grounded in their expansion from the outset. Covenants are the centerpiece of Shadowlands, but when the following expansion comes out (yes, there will be one), we know we’ll need to ensure that a returning player doesn’t need to go back and do the full covenant progression in order to be complete and competitive. And when that time comes, it won’t feel great to lose something that will have come to feel like a part of your character.

That led us to this experiment of just establishing these powers as inherently tied to the Shadowlands, so that nothing would technically change when the time comes for players to move on to the next chapter in their journey. But reducing that feeling of loss a couple of years from now isn’t worth the expense of a weaker sense of connection to your covenants in the meantime, along with feeling like a part of your character is missing when you’re running legacy content. The feedback around this change makes that clear.

15+ Year Old Account
    I too felt weird when Sylvanas used her Shadowlands abilities on Saurfang by the Orgrimmar gates.

Huh, they actually do listen. Amazing.

Nice, now revert the conduit change and make it something you have to think about again and add the possibility to pick a second covenant for pvp.

Can't be too hard to put four ambassadors into oribos "Yeah, we know you are Venthyr in PvE, but wanna wear a Kyrian dress in Arena and BG?" where you can level up your Kyrian relations for extra pvp rewards like a flag on your back or stuff like this.

I hope next expansion we will just get new abilities... not this borrowed shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a pussies.

when the following expansion comes out (yes, there will be one)

Shadowlands isn't even out, worst then that it's release date got pushed back and here they are already talking about another expansion?

Wait... "yes, there will be one" "there will be one" "one" ??? Holyheck! The next expansion will be the last expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Aulla View Post
    I hope next expansion we will just get new abilities... not this borrowed shit.
    And then in 3 expansion each spec has 50 different abilities more than you can put on your action bars. Yes, this is not happening ever again.

Please use your time for things that actually matter and improve the game. Thank you.

We’re on a roll, guys!

Now, what else do the people want changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post

Shadowlands isn't even out, worst then that it's release date got pushed back and here they are already talking about another expansion?

Wait... "yes, there will be one" "there will be one" "one" ??? Holyheck! The next expansion will be the last expansion!
    Wouldn't surprise me with how the story seems to be developing tbh, if the jailor is indeed our end-and-all bad guy.

Does that mean the end of the game? Nah probably not as long as there is money in it for them.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2020-10-11 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Nice, now revert the conduit change and make it something you have to think about again and add the possibility to pick a second covenant for pvp.

Can't be too hard to put four ambassadors into oribos "Yeah, we know you are Venthyr in PvE, but wanna wear a Kyrian dress in Arena and BG?" where you can level up your Kyrian relations for extra pvp rewards like a flag on your back or stuff like this.
    Nah, if they do that they might as well go all the way and just remove the restriction.

High end raiding and high end M+ have a lot of player overlap but have had different talents and areas of focus on selections. Why limit that choice but not the PvP one?

It's good that they're listening, but it leads into a bigger problem: People are tired of borrowed powers and that seems to be the direction that Blizzard is going towards. We don't gain anything meaningful anymore, we just borrow it for an expansion then lose it at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    But there's rumors around the halls that there might be a "WoW 2" in development
    What "Halls" are you pulling this rumor from?

I believe they've made it clear; there is no need for a WoW 2, they have WoW and can add onto it / modify it as they need to.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2020-10-09 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    And then in 3 expansion each spec has 50 different abilities more than you can put on your action bars. Yes, this is not happening ever again.
    Why don't you people think instead of just buying everything devs tell you?

I am tired of saying that there are different methods to do this and that there is no point in thinking about it as an infinite process cause it isn't.
    Proof of this is you need to exagerate to make your point.

How about not taking players for granted and focus on making a fun game 2 years at a time than an unfun one for 10 years?!

And when that time comes, it won’t feel great to lose something that will have come to feel like a part of your character.
    What, for real ?
    Isn't it 100% like their borrowed power systems from Legion and BfA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Nah, if they do that they might as well go all the way and just remove the restriction.
    Well, right now, nobody is happy. People that want the game to be more oldschool and rpg (and I'm not talking about RP-Server rp. I'm talking about actual rpg games) think blizzard shouldn't have given in and make the game easier and people that play WoW for the competition still can't get Gladiator, Bleeding Edge and M+30 key in the same week.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Why don't you people think instead of just buying everything devs tell you?

I am tired of saying that there are different methods to do this and that there is no point in thinking about it as an infinite process cause it isn't.
    Proof of this is you need to exagerate to make your point.

How about not taking players for granted and focus on making a fun game 2 years at a time than an unfun one for 10 years?!
    Any arguments for yes, more abilities every expansion without losing it does not mean button bloat or are you just ranting about my facts, you don't like?

What is even going on with this game anymore?

Do we know when the prepatch is going live?

Well, that oughta shut up the perpetual doomsayers until 10.0 is announced at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post

They are always at the planning stages of the next expansion, has been a fact since at least MoP when expansions began leading into one-another.

They probably know the basics for 11.0 already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me with how the story seems to be developing tbh, if the jailor is indeed our end-and-all bad guy.

Does that mean the end of the game? Nah probably not as long as there is money in it for them.
    But there's rumors around the halls that there might be a "WoW 2" in development
    I'll take, inane shit said for at least the past 14 years for 400, Alex...

WoW 2 already happened. We are closing in on WoW 9, actually.