Thread: The Boys

Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    No it's not Cindy. The only possible person who could have done this was the leader of the Church.
    The culprit is: Senator Nueman! She "popped" the head of the leader of the Church in the last scene. In fact she could have did the same in the committee room just by turning her head and popping people. Her first victim was within viewing range and her ability doesn't have tell tale signs except for her eyes glaze over. PS. Just watched tonight's episode…
    Cheers!
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

The parable doesn't work unless the US is specifically arming terrorists.

This was a great finale and I appreciate that it was written like a possible ending instead of just leaving things on a cliffhanger which I wish shows would stop doing.

Now I love a lot of things this season but my main complaints would be:

- The whole church subplot doesn't really go anywhere and they mostly end up just being a red herring.

- despite being set up as the big bad this season not a lot is really done to develop Stormfront as a character. She's basically just a Nazi and that is the beginning and end of her character.

Overall loved this season but I have no clue where they can go from here.

I really don't like the existence of the head exploding power. Now I'm just anxious watching every episode knowing someone's head can suddenly blow up for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Now I'm just anxious watching every episode knowing someone's head can suddenly blow up for no reason.
    I'm pretty sure the power isn't a 'head exploding power' ... much like Homelander's power isn't a 'slicing people in half power'.

Anyway - now we know that AOC is evil, can we move on
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-10-09 at 05:02 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Do you think Stormfront may be a good person inside but just acts out due to insecurity? JK.

I wonder if Stormfront is actually being held, or is dead somewhere? Are we going to see a cyber-Stormfront in the future, where she has robotic limbs? LOL. She has healing power, I wonder if she'll simply just heal over time? We didn't see her outright die. Also her being so on-the-nose with the whole "white genocide" thing is typical for this show.....but I do think it had a larger purpose. Homelander, for a second, looked startled, as if he had been making the "us vs. them" comparison between supes and non-supes, and not along race. But then he just rolled with it, so whatever....

I was surprised by the ending. I don't think anyone (at least in this thread) saw that coming. And it makes sense, to an extent. I'm not sure why Neuman would want to cause the panic as opposed to the testimony, though.....if her end around was to be in charge of "supe oversight," I imagine the testimony would have led to that same result. Maybe she believes in the Stormfront/Homelander way of things: spectacle and violence helps reinforce the point more. But then, what was her plan? As far as I can tell, the Church getting their info stolen was solely on A-Train/The Boys and nothing to do with her. In fact, she was on the verge of losing with SecDefense Bobby, who was putting on his flag pin and ready to kiss Vought's ass. All in all, a little bit weak on that reveal, imo, for the sake of it being something "unexpected."

I also agree, random heads popping is pretty jarring, but now we know it seems to require line of sight, so you can just be on the lookout.

I'm wondering what's stopping Homelander from just snapping and killing Maeve....and Starlight....and probably A-Train if he finds out he exposed Stormfront...Maeve doesn't seem like the type to be sophisticated enough to set up a dead drop, he could just destroy her whole life and be fairly reassured she doesn't have something set up to go out if she doesn't authenticate every 48 hours or something.

It does seem like they're setting up the "different factions" for future seasons. Ryan might become part of the G-Men, The Boys will be their own off-the-book operation. Maybe the plotline that SecDefense Bobby was talking about, $5m doses of Compound V to make supes will be something DoD/CIA still goes ahead with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm pretty sure the power isn't a 'head exploding power' ... much like Homelander's power isn't a 'slicing people in half power'.

Anyway - now we know that AOC is evil, can we move on
    Anyone who uses a dark theme on their browsers can still read this, btw.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2020-10-09 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Anyone who uses a dark theme on their browsers can still read this, btw.
    Sorry - is there a better way to do spoilers, apart from obfuscating it as well ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Sorry - is there a better way to do spoilers, apart from obfuscating it as well ?
    There's specifically a [spoiler ][/ spoiler] tag, but admittedly, with the theme I use, I can read through the black bars. But that's just this specific theme, you may want to use them for someone using more generic dark themes.

If you really care about hiding text you can always do one of these [collapse] things.

Spoiler: 
    But honestly people should know better coming into a thread of a show with a new episode out. Stay out until you're caught up.

That Stormfront beatdown though

Most satisfying scene of the whole season
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post

Someone was really letting off some anti-nazi steam with that whole sequence. It was amazing

Karl Urban needs some sort of award nod for that crying scene. He got snot and tears all over that poor woman.

Ryan is going to be fricken Darth Vader for the government.

Amazing how Deep still loses

Fantastic finale
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-09 at 08:50 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post

Amen! I laughed out when it happened. Just savage
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-10-09 at 02:12 PM.

Its been a great show just wish they had gone more of the comic route with butcher and the boys having compound v powers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That's true but only part of the idiom. Canary's were used in coal mines to detect gas, lifesavers. Highly valued and appreciated by miners. The canary was obviously expendable in their application but miners also grew attached to the birds. This led to 'canary' being used as a pet name/term of endearment by people close to the industry. "My little canary" became became an affectionate pet name - your little beacon of light or anchor in the world.

Robin is a similar pet name but without the real world origin story behind it. Robin got his name because his mom called him her little robin, the same way someone might call someone their canary.
    I think any connection between their play on "a canary in a coal mine" and Robin's relationship to Batman is more coincidental than it is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    To spoiler one: Yep totally agree. Also watching quite some youtube videos on the season...nope..nobody predicted that. Surprised me too.

To spoiler two: Yeah...I think underlying I always wondered: Why doesn't any of the crazily powerful supes like Homelander just really do "whatever the f... I want". Who is gonna stop them? Contracts with Vought shouldn't stop them? Money issues? Who is stopping them stealing it. And I never got the feeling that they even have a great home (villa...pool?) - they hang around in the Vought building (and don't really do a lot of superhero stuff either)

That is pretty much the biggest problem with my suspension of disbelieve that puts a touch of a sour note on the show. Here are some crazily powerful people. But I guess if you can buy into something like Justice League where I would go "Why does Superman need 6 other guys with him if he is...you know...Superman all powerful?"
    Well, it makes sense for Superman who's usually law-abiding and uses his powers to help people only, with little interest in furthering a personal agenda. He would prefer the sort of legitimacy that a group of superheroes can achieve over a lone wolf. Plus sometimes there are some threats he can't beat down alone.

For guys like Homelander, however? Yeah, it's a stretch that the sociopath who doesn't give a shit about anyone would care about something as base as laws and contracts put forth by normal people that barely register as worth living to him.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious that they put in the deleted scene from season 1 (as mentioned from the reddit AMA), "I can do whatever I want".
    Last edited by JP1o; 2020-10-09 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe it is about what we have seen in season 1...not having a mother and chasing that...or how he gets bribed at the end of season 2 with "nobody will ever love you again"

To me it is an aspect hard to buy into...because I was raised within a loving family and I have no idea how it would be on somebody who didn't have that. So....as also seen with Queen Maeve...maybe that is their actual weakness. Human bonding or the lack of it.
    The show has deviated quite a bit from the comics (and is better for it imo) so take this with a grain of salt. But in the comics at least it's made much more obvious that Homelander is basically a child in an adult Superman body. He's a lot more poised in the show, but I think he still comes off as pretty immature in regards to his emotional stability. As a result he's easily manipulated and outwitted, especially by matron figures such as Madeline and Stormfront.

That's my two cents for what it's worth.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is if Ryan joins any group, it would likely be Teenage Kix
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do i keep clicking on blackened text and spoil myself right before i'm about to watch next episode