Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me with how the story seems to be developing tbh, if the jailor is indeed our end-and-all bad guy.

Does that mean the end of the game? Nah probably not as long as there is money in it for them.
    But there's rumors around the halls that there might be a "WoW 2" in development
    We’re on WoW 8 right now. WoW 9 just got delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    We’re on WoW 8 right now. WoW 9 just got delayed.
    Thats not WoW 9 and not even WoW 2, thats just heavily patched WoW.

Like EQ and EQ2 and FFXI and FFXIV are the separate games existed at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post

Like EQ and EQ2 and FFXI and FFXIV are the separate games existed at the same time.

Yeah and where are they now? WoW 2 just make no fucking sense.

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    Yeah and where are they now? WoW 2 just make no fucking sense.
    All four games still exists (both EQs gets new xpacs in late 2019, for example), and FFXIV (which was like "WoW 2" for FFXI) is very successful one.

WoW 2 is now Overwatch (previously known as project Titan).

A real WoW 2 is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It wasn’t because it was totally understandable why they made implemented it. However, I didn’t think it would stay seeing as Blizzard are caving really easily to the salty bandwagon lately.
    Oh you're one of those that think everyone who isnt loving every decision Blizzard makes is a salty bandwagon hater, got it.

Funny, with as much as people complain about how the systems change and it’s not even WoW anymore it sure seems like sequels.
    Ignoring my sarcasm from my 1st post, that you thought I was serious about (gotta love text chat), all WoW 2 does is make the same game with a different story that gets a box price on it. That seems pretty expansion-esque to me.
    I, for one, would hate to lose every single thing I’ve done in WoW to play the same world, with the same classes, with the same NPCs (or offspring of theirs). For every argument you could make against any point I just brought up I can simply counter with “all we need is an expansion to cover any of those.”
    That is one of the main reasons I could never bring myself to play a Final Fantasy mmo.

All four games still exists (both EQs gets new xpacs in late 2019, for example), and FFXIV (which was like "WoW 2" for FFXI) is very successful one.
    Classic and Modern WoW exist at the same time= WoW and WoW2.
    What playerbase EQ has? I mean I tried to look at it before. It's outdated af from visual to gameplay perspectives

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Classic and Modern WoW exist at the same time= WoW and WoW2.
    Thats not "WoW 2" either, its just WoW with and without most of the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What playerbase EQ has? I mean I tried to look at it before. It's outdated af from visual to gameplay perspectives
    It has enough playerbase for making profit from releasing new xpacs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Funny, with as much as people complain about how the systems change and it’s not even WoW anymore it sure seems like sequels.
    I don't fell it sequel, because all base things remains the same as in classic WoW, just more updated. Heh, even some bugs remanis from classic version (like blinking in textures).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    when the following expansion comes out (yes, there will be one)

Shadowlands isn't even out, worst then that it's release date got pushed back and here they are already talking about another expansion?

Wait... "yes, there will be one" "there will be one" "one" ??? Holyheck! The next expansion will be the last expansion!
    Blizzard said once they have two teams (If I remember right) and two expansions for future in early development. So when we speak about how stupid Sylvanas is, they already know how the story will be ended.

Atleast It's wat I remember from their interviews.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Blizzard said once they have two teams (If I remember right) and two expansions for future in early development. So when we speak about how stupid Sylvanas is, they already know how the story will be ended.

Atleast It's wat I remember from their interviews.
    Assuming they retconned Chronicles just after releasing... no, I do not believe that they have some solid plan for lore development.
    Maybe they worked on some gameplay features for new "borrowing powers" for next xpacs, but thats all.

Blizz: "Covenant abilities not usable outside Shadowlands"
    Blizzard fanboy: "Well that's a good thing, because [reasons]"
    Blizz: "We're reverting this change"
    Same dumbass Blizzard fanboy: "SeE guYz?6??1! THey ListeN 2 uS, thIs iS a goOd thInG, beCauSe [reasons]"

Oh the hypocrisy...

Im Curious what "wow2" actually means. A new graphics engine New gameplay (not tab target) new lore and new characters? a free to play model?. I Think the wow2 argument is just a wish of burned out or bored players who they don't won't to play wow anymore they just want a new game, but for some reason they keep paying a sub fee about a game they don't like anymore wishing it was something else. There isn't really a need for WoW2 and the expansions after MoP certainly feel like a modern version of the game.

Thank god for this change. They are listening to player feedback! I agree with their 3 paragraph reasoning on this topic, and I'm so grateful they reversed this change.

Well done Blizzard. I can see the quality of the expansion is very much a concern for you. Please take your time with it; god forbid the expansion comes out with a silly restriction like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Oh you're one of those that think everyone who isnt loving every decision Blizzard makes is a salty bandwagon hater, got it.
    Not at all - there’s just an abnormal congregation of hate on here it’s pathetic.

Blizzard can do wrong and they have, but implementing this wasn’t one. I agree it’s something that should stay tied to Shadowlands post-expansion though, in the same way we lose HoA stuff outside of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnos View Post
    Im Curious what "wow2" actually means. A new graphics engine New gameplay (not tab target) new lore and new characters?
    Same feeling/pacing, but completely new realization for all. New engine, new concept for ui/world interaction, new classes philosophy/model, etc etc.

Wouldn't surprise me with how the story seems to be developing tbh, if the jailor is indeed our end-and-all bad guy.

Does that mean the end of the game? Nah probably not as long as there is money in it for them.
    But there's rumors around the halls that there might be a "WoW 2" in development
    that rumor has been around since vanilla lol

"(I mean, it’s a bit weird seeing someone’s summoned swolekin just hanging out in the Orgrimmar AH)"

Compared to many other weird things we see already (random toys, overcompesating mounts, pets, etc) I fail to see the point of this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    Huh, they actually do listen. Amazing.
    Only when there is massive backlash after already fucking up bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aulla View Post
    I hope next expansion we will just get new abilities... not this borrowed shit.
    I hope we get all new Devs. Ion has to go

- - - Updated - - -

There will never be a WOW 2. the MMO genre is stagnant and they dont have the creative ability to do such a thing considering it would be a 5-10 year development
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    Huh, they actually do listen. Amazing.
    Yeah they even listen to the crybabies, that bitch about simple shit that has a meaningless impact to the game.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*