Thread: Genshin Impact

3+ Year Old Account
    I just wandered around doing side quests and hunting for anime orbs and I got to AR 18 before I knew it

- - - Updated - - -

also lighting up the map ofc, but I can't seem to enter Stormterror's Lair? I guess I need to do main quests to bring the wind barrier down
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Finally got Fischl. Funny thing is, I did a roll before it and got a 4 star bow. Was like "I have no use for a bow". Then got her and she uses a bow. Trippy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    also lighting up the map ofc, but I can't seem to enter Stormterror's Lair? I guess I need to do main quests to bring the wind barrier down
    Yup. Main questline takes you there
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    that sucks, guess the anime orbs there can wait; I'm going to light up the ones at the bottom first and collect geo orbs
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Astartes View Post
    Google wasn't clear enough and I ate crayons in my college years.

Is this like a Loot Box that you buy with in game currency?

What's the drawback or negative perception associated with?
    It's basically based on a game of chance. To unlock the strongest stuff only chance is to partake in that. So, it's gambling with all the the negative traits associated.

However, it also depends on game's own "fairness". Like in this case, you don't need the 5* gear or characters to do anything. Also, the game gives you a nice amount of "free rolls" so you have a way to get more stuff. There's a battle pass which i'm still evaluating because while it's not expensive (10 bucks) i don't really know if it's worth buying give the additional rewards are not stellar.

Basically, if you hate lootboxes/etc, it's not the game for you as they're a substantial part of the game. But they're not obnoxious as many other games of the genre and you can enjoy a fine exploration game with more than enough options without even partaking in them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Finally got Fischl. Funny thing is, I did a roll before it and got a 4 star bow. Was like "I have no use for a bow". Then got her and she uses a bow. Trippy

- - - Updated - - -

I want Fischl, but i actually got QiQi - and it looks a good character to add to my team as atk/heal support. Gonna level her up.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad because I keep hearing Amber sucks, but right now she is exactly who I use most of the time. Fighting at ranged and then closing in, making it easier to dispel certain things (like those guys with the bubble).

I pulled a four-star Xiangling, and her aesthetic really appealed to me, so she's my current favorite. Not the best attack combo, and her charge can be annoying, but I still like her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Respawned crappy chest dont give primogems once you pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I feel bad because I keep hearing Amber sucks, but right now she is exactly who I use most of the time. Fighting at ranged and then closing in, making it easier to dispel certain things (like those guys with the bubble).

I pulled a four-star Xiangling, and her aesthetic really appealed to me, so she's my current favorite. Not the best attack combo, and her charge can be annoying, but I still like her.
    The problem with amber is her scaling is garbage. Shes one of the best to just do puzzles. The shields (bubbles) are killed ultra fast by their elemental counter. Like if someone has an ice shield, just use fire attacks kill them in seconds. Like my Barbara does terrible damage, shes healer anyway, but she wipes out fire shield and stun fire bosses in seconds because its hydro damage. Its just the other pyro character you get is xiang, which is very good, but actually a support pyro, the best one at that to buff a real pyro dps and get the +25% ATK buff from double pyro. Problem is, you need a Pyro DPS to make it somewhat good. So its Diluc or Klee, two 5 star rare characters. Im lucky and i got Diluc as my pity on ventis banner, so i dont need to ever use amber noodle damage, just using her on puzzles. Outside of puzzles or going for the +25% ATK double pyro, you really dont need pyro or amber if you dont need to kill ice things. Double electro, ameno, cryo have solid bonuses too. Its why shes down to trash tier, combat. Shes just not relevent to combat, unless she is all you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are the PRIMOGEM used for actually?? ive got over 3k, but buying characters doesnt use them
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

That's because ranged is useful and there are only two other bow using characters. Amber is still part of my main team for the same reason as I have not snagged Venti or Fishcl. I really, really want Venti since I already have Keqing, a wicked fast electro character.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what are the PRIMOGEM used for actually?? ive got over 3k, but buying characters doesnt use them
    160 gems = 1 fate to use for a wish roll so 1600 gems = a 10 roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Primogems' primary use is that they can be converted to Acquaint Fate or Intertwined Fate (the currencies used for gacha wishes): in the shop you can exchange at a rate of 160 Primogems for one of either Fate. And I imagine that featured banners will usually be more desirable than the standard banner, so Intertwined Fates will probably be the more desirable use.

Primogems can also be used to restore Resin, but I'd imagine that if you're spending minimal money on this game, it's probably not worth doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news for those that just started. The new patch wont be until november 11. So you can take a slow pace and take characters you need rank for for free later. (like the healer character)

1.1 will give burnt out star event 11.11.2020
    1.2 will open up a backbone mountain (that part you see in middle of map pretty much) 12/23/2020
    1.3 will add lantern festival 2/?/2021

So take is easy.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    It lost my interest when I found out it was a gacha
    whats a gacha?
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Arbitrary or not, they set the values for both the cost and the number of gems you can earn in game and are choosing to give away ~$50-75 worth of stuff to players who simply play the game.

~$50-75 is not an insignificant amount is all I'm saying.
    You're falling for their trap. The bottom line is that it currently costs nearly $200 USD to guarantee a 5* character in the event banner. That's not even the one on the banner, but then you're subjected to a 50% chance to get it. It costs nearly $400 USD to get Venti guaranteed. I personally could care less about Venti. I wanted Keqing. The prices are straight up egregious not only in absolute terms, but compared to other games in it's genre (which is crazy this even exists, I'm new to them) it's even more offensive.

I'm a straight up F2P because I'm a sucker for elemental themed games and the gameplay is decent and I like the character designs, world and story. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but I keep being tempted to want to pay money to support the fact that they made a game I enjoy, but knowing what I'm going to be subjected to I reel back every single time.

I rerolled like 6 accounts trying to get Keqing. I failed each time, and then deemed my time was worth more than the cost of just buying a Keqing account for $15 USD. I eventually decided against it and just used my very first account (which got lucky and rolled a Diluc) who's cool and all, but I really wanted to play the game as Keqing.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Almost every tales game has an adult protag
    Technically you're right in that adult = 18+, but the overwhelming majority of main protaganists are sub 20 years of age. It's like 90%+ of them. Now if you're calling protags as in ANY party member yes you're right then. I personally don't think most people are adults until post college age years (21-22), but I respect that this isn't accurate by legal standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You're falling for their trap. The bottom line is that it currently costs nearly $200 USD to guarantee a 5* character in the event banner. That's not even the one on the banner, but then you're subjected to a 50% chance to get it. It costs nearly $400 USD to get Venti guaranteed. I personally could care less about Venti. I wanted Keqing. The prices are straight up egregious not only in absolute terms, but compared to other games in it's genre (which is crazy this even exists, I'm new to them) it's even more offensive.

I'm a straight up F2P because I'm a sucker for elemental themed games and the gameplay is decent and I like the character designs, world and story. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but I keep being tempted to want to pay money to support the fact that they made a game I enjoy, but knowing what I'm going to be subjected to I reel back every single time.

I rerolled like 6 accounts trying to get Keqing. I failed each time, and then deemed my time was worth more than the cost of just buying a Keqing account for $15 USD. I eventually decided against it and just used my very first account (which got lucky and rolled a Diluc) who's cool and all, but I really wanted to play the game as Keqing.
    My only point is that ~$50-75 dollars worth of free stuff (20-30 pulls) just for playing the game is nothing to sneeze at, that's all. I agree with everything you've said.

I only plopped the $5 on the Blessing of the Welkin to get 90 Primogems a day for a month which is a really good deal, I have absolutely no interest in dropping any other money on this because of how egregious the pricing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My only point is that ~$50-75 dollars worth of free stuff (20-30 pulls) just for playing the game is nothing to sneeze at, that's all. I agree with everything you've said.
    You can sneeze at it. It's there to prime the pump and convince you either a)you'll get what you want because you had good free pulls or b)hook you into spending more chasing the serotonin rush of pulling the meta character/waifu/husbando.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You can sneeze at it. It's there to prime the pump and convince you either a)you'll get what you want because you had good free pulls or b)hook you into spending more chasing the serotonin rush of pulling the meta character/waifu/husbando.
    I get what you're saying, but jeebus, the cynicism is overpowering. It's FREE and nothing is forcing you to fall into the rabbit hole to spend more money.

I understand. I do.

I'm just choosing to try and focus on the good/ positive things about the game rather than the bad/negative.

15+ Year Old Account
    Version 1.1-It is expected to be updated on November 11. During this version, the "Unreturned Star Off" event will be opened;

Version 1.2-It is expected to be updated on December 23. During this version, the Longji Snow Mountain area and related version activities will be opened;

Version 1.3-It is expected to be updated in February next year. During this version, the "Sea Lantern Festival" series of activities will be launched.

Nothing about inazuma looks like. Lame

3+ Year Old Account
    after being disappointed over time and only staying because of personal sunk cost fallacy; I finally ditched Ragnarok Mobile Eternal Love for good and shifted to here.

currently have 5k primos, I guess I should wait for the banner before I throw it all, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    after being disappointed over time and only staying because of personal sunk cost fallacy; I finally ditched Ragnarok Mobile Eternal Love for good and shifted to here.

currently have 5k primos, I guess I should wait for the banner before I throw it all, right?
    If you don't want or already have Venti, I'd wait. If you want him, spend.