Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why does he even care about the second debate since he already said he wasn't going to show up because it's virtual? Did he flip flop on that already like he did his declaration of no stimulus negotiations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I don’t think TX is quite there yet. However, in the long run, it will get there sooner or later. The GOP industrial sectors (oil & gas and farming & ranching) are on the decline. The Democrat’s industries (tech, EV manufacturing, solar and wind) are growing. With each new Apple’s satellite office, each new Tesla and SpaceX factories, each new Dell’s employee, TX is moving ever so slightly toward the Democrat’s side. You can’t be working in an EV, Solar or Wind power generating plant and still be a climate denier GOP voter. It is all about the economy.
    I know it's a bit late but almost every environmental company I've worked in people are crazy right-wing. Horse trading guns, Limbaugh on the radio. You name it. He'll, I'm at lunch atm, and they are bitching about COVID. Its weird.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Who woul'dah thought....
    Almost makes me miss Zenkai's post about the economy every time there was a small bump.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN26U161

Trump steel tariffs bring job losses to swing state Michigan

Four years later, Great Lakes Works - once among the state’s largest steel plants - has shut down steelmaking operations and put 1,250 workers out of a job. A year before the June layoffs, plant owner United States Steel Corp called off a plan to invest $600 million in upgrades amid deteriorating market conditions.

Trump’s strategy centered on shielding U.S. steel mills from foreign competition with a 25% tariff imposed in March 2018. He also promised to boost steel demand through major investments in roads, bridges and other infrastructure.

But higher steel prices resulting from the tariffs dented demand from the Michigan-based U.S. auto industry and other steel consumers. And the Trump administration has never followed through on an infrastructure plan.

and now employs 1,900 fewer workers than it did when Trump took office, according to U.S. Labor Department data. (For a graphic on steel jobs, click tmsnrt.rs/2SRIEaF)''

While the tariffs failed to boost overall steel employment, economists say they created higher costs for major steel consumers - killing jobs at companies including Detroit-based automakers General Motors Co and Ford Motor Co. Nationally, steel and aluminum tariffs resulted in at least 75,000 job losses in metal-using industries by the end of last year

In Michigan, steelmakers have served layoff notices to nearly 2,000 workers since the tariff took effect, according to a Reuters analysis of the notices steel companies filed with the state. The state’s primary metals manufacturing industry, which includes iron and steel mills, employed about 7,300 fewer workers in August than in March 2018, when Trump announced metal tariffs, according to data from Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.

The steel-industry setbacks account for just a fraction of the job losses in Michigan’s manufacturing sector - which now employs 55,100 fewer workers than it did when Trump took office in January 2017, U.S. Labor Department data shows. The state’s automotive industry accounted for 35% of the manufacturing job losses, according to the St. Louis Fed.

These threads did not age well
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...=steel+tariffs
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I know it's a bit late but almost every environmental company I've worked in people are crazy right-wing. Horse trading guns, Limbaugh on the radio. You name it. He'll, I'm at lunch atm, and they are bitching about COVID. Its weird.
    Just luck then. I work in tech / software development and it seems all the people I come into, both customers from defense contractors as well as some of the people I work with, tend to be hardcore, gun-owning Republicans.

Trump to propose $1.8T coronavirus relief package

Inching closer to Democrats' demands, President Trump and his aides on Friday will offer Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) a $1.8 trillion coronavirus relief package, sources said, as the president urged the negotiators to "go big."

The new figure was a jump from the White House's $1.6 trillion offer last week, but there was no indication that Pelosi would come down from her demand for a $2.2 trillion package. She is set to speak with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Trump's lead negotiator, later Friday.

"Covid Relief Negotiations are moving along. Go Big!" Trump tweeted on Friday morning, a striking reversal from his position on Tuesday when he said he would walk away from negotiations with Democrats on a comprehensive relief bill to assist businesses and American workers impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.

------

McConnell is saying "fuck it!" I think he knows now it's just too late to be worrying about the election. And yeah...he blames Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Honestly at this point there doesn't need to be anymore debates.
    Be careful, if the Trump campaign sees this, they'll argue Biden is pushing for canceling the debate, because you're obviously a leftist representative of his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.ksn.com/news/health/coro...fox-news-says/

Uh...so Trump's gonna get medically evaluated on live TV?

Can we end this stupid fucking reality show already? I can't seem to figure out how to change the channel.
    Not only that, the chap who's going to be "evaluating" him is this guy. Expect a complete farce.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Siegel

During the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States, Siegel frequently appeared in conservative media where he pushed medical advice that contradicted CDC guidelines.[11] In an March 2020 appearance on Fox News's Hannity, Siegel incorrectly claimed that the coronavirus "should be compared to the flu. Because at worst, at worst, worst-case scenario it could be the flu."[12][13][14] A study by Kathleen Hall Jamieson and Dolores Albarracin, published in the peer-reviewed Harvard Kennedy School Misinformation Review in April 2020, identified Siegel's statement as part of a broader set of COVID-19 misinformation circulating in conservative media; the study found that Americans who relied upon Fox News and other right-wing sources for news were more likely to credit conspiracy theories or baseless rumors than Americans who relied upon mainstream sources.[13][15] Author and media analyst Brian Stelter, in his book Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News, and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth, wrote that Siegel's "just-the-flu" claim "was shockingly irresponsible stuff" and that Fox News executives were aware of this, because they had at the time already begun taking precautions.[16]

Siegel has praised President Donald Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.[11] In July 2020, Siegel interviewed Trump on Fox News about the results of the results of his recent cognitive assessment. During the interview, Trump described the test's contents using the phrase "person, woman, man, camera, TV"; Trump's remark was parodied.[17][18]

Senate debate in question after Graham refuses to take COVID-19 test

Jaime Harrison might not attend the next debate because Graham refuses to get tested for Covid and Graham's campaign is weaponizing that by trying to make Harrison look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Senate debate in question after Graham refuses to take COVID-19 test

Jaime Harrison might not attend the next debate because Graham refuses to get tested for Covid and Graham's campaign is weaponizing that by trying to make Harrison look bad.
    Why the fuck does the Republican party keep playing games with the fucking coronavirus?

Fuck, if he's refusing to take it I won't be remotely sad if he does in fact have it. That's bullshit that he's weaponizing the virus for political purposes like this.

Why the fuck does the Republican party keep playing games with the fucking coronavirus?

Fuck, if he's refusing to take it I won't be remotely sad if he does in fact have it. That's bullshit that he's weaponizing the virus for political purposes like this.
    I expect we're going to hear about a lot more Republicans refusing to get tested for Covid before the election, especially if they're senators. Got to try to appear healthy even if it isn't true so they can ram Barrett's confirmation through.

I take that to mean that Graham has it and that he knows he does. The main/only tactic that Graham is employing in his bid to retain his seat is ratcheting up Trump propaganda and linking Harrison to Pelosi (which is icky and gross, apparently). Graham can’t get the MAGAts to vote for him without falling over himself to appease dear leader’s every batshit whim and tirade, and unfortunately that includes pretending covid isn’t a problem.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump today, after previously claiming he recovered immediately. I'd put money down that he skips the Saturday event.

Schrodinger's covid recovery.
    We've all been saying since before the 2016 election that he wasn't 100% mentally sound. This, however, goes beyond that "political" evaluation and into "jesus, he might have actually slid off into mild insanity". Not sure if that makes sense, but holy shit nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    I take that to mean that Graham has it and that he knows he does. The main/only tactic that Graham is employing in his bid to retain his seat is ratcheting up Trump propaganda and linking Harrison to Pelosi (which is icky and gross, apparently). Graham can’t get the MAGAts to vote for him without falling over himself to appease dear leader’s every batshit whim and tirade, and unfortunately that includes pretending covid isn’t a problem.
    I think it is sad that Nancy Pelosi has become so demonized due to partisan politics. I can't think of any other Speakers of the House that is more maligned than Nancy Pelosi. Which in a way speaks to her effectiveness as a speaker. The reality is that she has done a lot good work for the Country and its citizens. Regardless of political orientation. Yet, somehow those on the right and extreme left seem to be blind to her advocacy and legislative accomplishments. To her detractors she has become a media-spawned caricature. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I think it is sad that Nancy Pelosi has become so demonized due to partisan politics. I can't think of any other Speakers of the House that is more maligned than Nancy Pelosi. Which in a way speaks to her effectiveness as a speaker. The reality is that she has done a lot good work for the Country and its citizens. Regardless of political orientation. Yet, somehow those on the right and extreme left seem to be blind to her advocacy and legislative accomplishments. To her detractors she has become a media-spawned caricature. Too bad.
    Gingrich, but he earned every ounce of scorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Why the fuck are they still trying to make Hillary a thing 4 years later? How is this going to help them against Biden in 2020?
    Wondering how many conservative media sites and writers are gonna be out of a job after Hillary Clinton dies.

Probably a lot. The whole anti-Hillary cottage industry will have to reinvent themselves or invent a new bogeyman.

3+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck are they still trying to make Hillary a thing 4 years later? How is this going to help them against Biden in 2020?
    They are stuck in 2016 campaign mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Gingrich, but he earned every ounce of scorn.
    Newt? Not even close. He never became the bogeyman that every single Democratic candidates would use as an apocalyptic figure in their campaigns.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    And Graham is down 1 point in current (but not entirely A+) polls.

Some video for this, btw.

Are they just hoping Trump supporters are too stupid to know that he isn't running against Biden this year or something?
    JFC still with the "CLASSIFIED INFO ON PRIVATE SERVER!" nonsense?

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ail-half-true/

They were classified after sending, she did not receive anything that was classified at the time it was sent.

This is fucking pathetic.