View Poll Results: How do you want to kill Sylvanas?

Voters
351. This poll is closed
  • Stab her through the heart with a sword.

5 1.42%
  • Cut off her head with an axe.

14 3.99%
  • Smash her skull with a hammer.

10 2.85%
  • Impale her with a polearm.

11 3.13%
  • Cannibalize.

7 1.99%
  • Freeze her and smash her to pieces.

6 1.71%
  • Burn her “alive.”

36 10.26%
  • Cheat by using your shaman powers and electrocute her.

7 1.99%
  • Put a mana bomb in her mouth, stitch up her lips, run and duck for cover.

6 1.71%
  • Gouge out her eyes and lock her in a trailer home with a black mamba.

11 3.13%
  • When having the high ground, and Sylvanas tries to jump over you, cut off her arms and legs.

30 8.55%
  • Piledriver without tucking her head in between your character’s thighs for safety.

9 2.56%
  • Other.

71 20.23%
  • I don’t want to kill her, I want to redeem her!

128 36.47%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well that edit job made it look out of place and given it's a meme, the first thing that crossed my mind was I could be a guy's hand edited in for extra comic effect. Hands come in all shapes and forms, some women have bigger hands than other women, some more dainty, some slender, some more rugged, and that applies to both genders so not sure why you're preaching this to me if I mistook one woman's hands edited out onto a video game character who isn't lifelike to maybe be a man's hands.
    Alright, maybe I overreacted a bit.

Unicorns. Lots of unicorns.

Looks like the jury has come to a decision - Redemption it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    i mean that's your opinion
    It's really not. If I'm wrong, then you're free to come up with any hypothetical that could possibly justify Sylvanas's actions

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    It's really not. If I'm wrong, then you're free to come up with any hypothetical that could possibly justify Sylvanas's actions
    Yes it is just your opinion, just stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly just want her to suffer. I always love seeing smug characters in fiction have something blow up in their face. She thinks shes invincible and I just want her to see that she isn't. Put some of that fear back in her that she had when she was killed by Arthas.

7v1 Smash Ultimate. 7 Clouds all Omnislashing her at once. Or some in-game variation of it.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

dont worry, SJW already killed her character

This is like an alliance support group where people can meet and support each other from big bad Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It is an expansion or two in the making, but with Shadowlands' launch on the horizon, her time is nigh; there will come the time when Sylvanas meets her maker, the player, and when that glorious moment happens, how do you want to kill Sylvanas Windrunner, robber of life, and eater of puppies?
    I really don't care much about Sylvanas, the problem is the Horde as a whole, not a single person.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Looks like the jury has come to a decision - Redemption it is!
    Well, not really...

The majority want her killed but can't agree on how.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ever the most horrible, slowest, inhumane torture that leads to death there is in WoW. Or just yeeting her off the tallest building there is.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Well, not really...

The majority want her killed but can't agree on how.
    And just like that she goes free while the alliance bickers about!

Tyrande off her like Gul'dan offed Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    it would be WILDLY tone deaf for sylvanas to get killed by any version of arthas. i'd actually quit. it's totally fine if she's going to get killed as a raid boss, but not by arthas. i don't mean because it's "bAd wRiTiNg," i mean because having someone get killed by their original abuser is a huge yikes.
    I honestly don't get why people would cheer her being killed by Arthas because she's "beyond redemption." yet he isn't. When Arthas did worse than Sylvanas and at no point was he mind controlled. Everything he did was Arthas acting from his own free will.

Then we already have people in Revendreth going on the path to redemption that have done worse than both. (Throwing the beyond redemption into the bin.)

At this point eternal oblivion would be too kind for her.

She deserves to be banished to the eternal suffering of the own Maw she serves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    What ever the most horrible, slowest, inhumane torture
    Exactly what the Maw is except it never leads to death. It just drags on for eternity.

I don't care how she dies, I just want everything she has been trying to do to save herself to fail horribly and for all of her worst nightmares to come true.

I do not want her to be redeemed. It would be the worst possible ending to this expansion and probably the last straw for me in terms of this game's story.

Just my two copper.

PS: I don't hate Sylvanas, but this is the story that has been built up, so it needs to be played out. I'm tired of seeing people root for characters who care nothing about redemption, to get redeemed. For Sylvanas it's either everyone loses and she wins, or we win and she loses. There is no other outcome, lol. She has never cared about anyone but herself, and never will. And that's good--it's part of her character.

Just wanted to mention this before the Sylvanas Fanclub takes my post too personally, but I doubt this will help anyways, lol.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-10-09 at 11:10 PM.

because there's a non-zero portion of the base that thinks arthas did nothing wrong but sylvanas did everything wrong. it's really wild. arthas is like, evil. he did many things wrong.
    They were both corrupted into what they are now. Neither deserves redemption. Arthas was worse than Sylvanas, but at this point... the difference is pretty slim. Sylvanas is called the Lich Queen because of the similarities between them. Arthas at least never deceived anyone. When he became corrupted by Ner'zhul, he went straight to Lordaeron and killed his dad, and was presumably already under control by the Lich King. Sylvanas was always in control of her faculties and has done some incredibly bad things just to save herself.

But I mean these are reasons we like the characters. In a sense, being bad is a good thing. I don't hold it against them. I just don't want to see them redeemed. They are not anti-heroes, they are not doing bad things for the greater good. They are selfish and evil and were always beyond redemption. "Redeeming" them would undermine everything we liked about their characters up until now.

So yeah, Sylvanas has got to go. But make it flashy, make it dramatic. She deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Yes it is just your opinion, just stop.
    If it's just my opinion then present any possible scenario where I'm wrong. Shouldn't be that hard.

precisely. i'd consider myself a person who loves the sylvanas character (i own shirts, art prints, and stickers of her), but she's good to go by this point. it should be absolutely fabulous and dazzling, and she should be telling us that she's right and we're wrong until the last, but she's done. if the things pre-bfa weren't a line, i'd say genocide should be a pretty hard point of no return (yes, even in a world-at-war setting). but her death should be amazing. she's totally worth it. it's like how if they inevitably kill azshara, it should be absolutely spectacular and she should go out screaming about how we are all beneath her, to the very end.

i'm just very angry still at the portion of the fanbase that thinks arthas is a flawless human being (not flawlessly written character) and hates sylvanas on principle. be consistent with hating people who do mass murder to achieve their goals ;_; arthas is a tragic bad dude who we love to hate lmao

edit: this is a difference in character. the arthas death is the way it is because arthas genuinely had good intentions when he started out and later reached a bit too high and got eaten. the arthas death is satisfying because he wakes up and is like "aw man, this blade really got me fucked up huh dad."
    the garrosh death is so satisfying because he is *literally incapable* of taking any accountability for anything and dies blaming someone else (even if he's partially right about thrall failing him).
    sylvanas passed the point of not being responsible for herself after wrath. like, i adore her, she's so so tragic and heartbreaking from wc3-wrath, but everything after has been the inevitable conclusion of this character. so no, her death shouldn't even be a final lament of the highborne or anything sad, her sisters shouldn't even be there. it should be a total blaze of glory and she should get a good amount done during SL to really flaunt her villain chops. but yeah, i digress.
    Good post to be honest, I like all of this.

The one thing I disagree on, is that I think her sisters can and should play a role in it in some way, even if it is just lamenting her fall after the fact. But they don't need to be a part of her death directly. So maybe we don't even disagree on that, in a sense.

I also loved the comment on Garrosh and Arthas and their deaths. They felt right and were really satisfying. Even Illidan's "death" in TBC felt right (although him turning into a villain felt forced as hell). There are plenty of character deaths I did hate however, such as Kael'thas, Zul'jin, and Malygos, but mainly because they felt forced into being villains because Blizzard needed raid fodder. To be honest had Kael'thas died in the Tempest Keep, I would have been fine with how things played out, but Magister's Terrace ruined it all.

I am digressing though. Thanks for sharing this!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Blizzard may write the story such that Sylvanas is the good guy from the perspective of the narrative, but there is no realistic scenario that involves Sylvanas's actions being morally justified no matter what additional context we get.
    I agree with this very strongly but he is right, this is just your opinion. On the other hand, that's what the boards are for--discussing opinions. It's okay to disagree, lol.

For some people, Sylvanas will always be morally grey, or worse, an absolute saint that can do no wrong. There's no point getting upset with people about it, bias rules the day and nothing you can do or say will convince them. But again, it's okay to just disagree. (I am not accusing the other poster of this BTW)