Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    When you need to defend shit like this, because you agree with it, no leap is too great.
    The funniest part is making the tattoos punishable should have the opposite effect that he claims, even better someone else linked evidence proving him wrong yet again. Vastly easier to hold Yakuza accountable when they slap massive tattoos on themselves effectively identifying themselves as Yakuza, especially since they do not take kindly at all to people mimicking them.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-10-09 at 08:43 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Why though? For demanding to show tattoos? This actually works, making tattoos punishable was one of the measures that helped to decimate the notorious Yakuza to a pale shadow of its former self
    You “conservatives” really hate bodily autonomy and individual rights don’t you? Also in America we have the 4th amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    The funniest part is making the tattoos punishable should have the opposite effect that he claims, even better someone else linked evidence proving him wrong yet again. Vastly easier to hold Yakuza accountable when they slap massive tattoos on themselves effectively identifying themselves as Yakuza, especially since they do not take kindly at all to people mimicking them.
    So holding yakuza accountable is not punishing for them in your world, interesting. Also not being able to have any decent employment while having your skin tainted with tattoos must not be a punishment too in that twisted imaginary realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Also not being able to have any decent employment while having your skin tainted with tattoos must not be a punishment too in that twisted imaginary realm
    Given that tattoos don't "taint" anything to anyone who's not a religious extremist, your entire line of argument here is just puritanical absurdity.

Not to mention it flagrantly ignores the cultural context of the Yakuza tattoos. Which directly contradict the argument you're trying to make, if you actually understood a damned thing about how they came about. Criminals being tattooed was not an idea the criminals came up with, there's a big honking hint for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    So holding yakuza accountable is not punishing for them in your world, interesting. Also not being able to have any decent employment while having your skin tainted with tattoos must not be a punishment too in that twisted imaginary realm
    Damn, you really hate bodily autonomy.

Also the stigma against tattoos in the workplace has gone away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why though? For demanding to show tattoos?
    No warrant, no search. This isn't Russia.

Disband ICE if they're going to act like the secret police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes how dare someone express themselves in an entirely non-harmful way because it offends someone with delicate boomer-era sensibilities. Next thing you know Dungeons and Dragons will induct children into worshipping Satan and women with dyed hair will destroy the nuclear family!!

Though to back track on the self-defense topic a bit because I had some two cents I wanted to throw out: I know Scrod's got a hardon for being semantic but is it still quantifiable as self-defense if you shoot at the guy threatening you, miss, and kill a bystander? Wouldn't you still be legally culpable for that or is all crime just absolved as long as you can scream 'They're coming right for us!!' loud enough?

Not what I said at all. I said that a law banning those kind of tattoos is stupid if your goal, which you said was the goal, is to hold Yakuza accountable. And someone posted evidence that directly disproved your claim that the decline of the Yakuza was because of that law. So good job being wrong on all fronts.

Because telling people not to put a giant glowing sign on them that permanently indicates they're part of an illegal gang only makes it harder to identify them. Please try and read it again of don't bother replying to me until you can read at a kindergarten level. I don't know what idiot realm you live in but it's apparently one where people aren't taught to read at even a basic level.

Also my girlfriend is a lawyer and quite a few of them have tattoos as well as a few of the assistants at her firm. Her starting pay for her first job as an attorney is probably more than you'll ever hope to make and she's definitely going to get a few tattoos. They just cover them when they go to court. My best friend was a very well paid metalworker and has plenty of visible tattoos. Basically made almost 6 figures. So much for your dumb stupidly biased world.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-10-09 at 10:35 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...an/5924617002/

The Wolverine Watchmen militia group didn't just plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, but they were on a mission to attack the state Capitol and target police officers at their homes as part of a broader mission to instigate a civil war, authorities said Thursday in announcing felony charges against 13 militia members accused in a sensational case of domestic terrorism.
    Reminder that extremist right wingers remain a very real threat to law enforcement.

Reminder that the federal security guard and the local law enforcement officers assassinated during the Floyd protests were murdered by a far-right boogaloo boi with his boogaloo buddie driving - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ornia-n1231187

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Reminder that extremist right wingers remain a very real threat to law enforcement.
    And their law enforcement supporters are even more of a threat to towards people in general.

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/michig...ild-interview/

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Month Before Louisville Drug Warriors Killed Breonna Taylor, They Knew the 'Suspicious Packages' She Supposedly Was Receiving Came From Amazon

Which at this point makes you wonder why the hell they went through so many hoops to get a warrant on Taylor's home in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    A Month Before Louisville Drug Warriors Killed Breonna Taylor, They Knew the 'Suspicious Packages' She Supposedly Was Receiving Came From Amazon

Which at this point makes you wonder why the hell they went through so many hoops to get a warrant on Taylor's home in the first place.
    Because they can act with essentially, immunity, they tend to take bigger risks. Its why they need to be actually punished and the thin blue line shit needs to obliterated.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/attorn...b6433eea7.html

https://boingboing.net/2020/07/06/ne...allegedly.html

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

A man got shot and killed in Denver.

Two groups were shouting at eachother all day. Then some rightwing dude confronted someone and maced them, then he got shot in the head.

The guy that shot him in the head is a private security guard for the local news channel. So he isnt even related to either protest.

Obviously the usual retards (andy ngo, dim pool) have blamed those evil anti-fascists already.

https://twitter.com/DenverPolice/sta...00293940441088

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Colorado trying to be a third world trash heap like the Pacific Northwest?
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2020-10-11 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Is Colorado trying to be a third world trash heap like the Pacific Northwest?
    Nope they are keeping Deep Red states like Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, etc... literally above water by paying taxes because those states would be drowning in the red if not for federal dollars paid for by, you guessed it, blue states like Colorado, Oregon, Washington, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    A man got shot and killed in Denver.

Two groups were shouting at eachother all day. Then some rightwing dude confronted someone and maced them, then he got shot in the head.

The guy that shot him in the head is a private security guard for the local news channel. So he isnt even related to either protest.

Obviously the usual retards (andy ngo, dim pool) have blamed those evil anti-fascists already.

https://twitter.com/DenverPolice/sta...00293940441088
    Not just any private security, a fucking Pinkerton.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

lmao ever since this https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...inkertons.html

ive had the pinkertons at the back of my mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    The culture in the US is beyond fucked. If you have to deploy the national guard before you make a statement, maybe you should evaluate why that statement would provoke such a response to preemptively deploy the national guard in the first place.

There's nothing that says their DAs can't go against the 'status quo' and charge these officers/the system in place. No, they choose to go along with it. Maybe because its easier, maybe because they are doing someone a favor, or they don't want to risk their career, the point is that they actively choose to continue to block justice on their own accord.

Then people get frustrated and tear stuff down. Then "allies" abandon causes and nothing changes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive