What Trumpkins expected:

What they got:
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Remember how the USPS had a plan to send out masks to everyone and the Trump administration killed it? They killed another initiative from the CDC recently as well - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/09/h...pgtype=Article

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention drafted a sweeping order last month requiring all passengers and employees to wear masks on all forms of public and commercial transportation in the United States, but it was blocked by the White House, according to two federal health officials.

The order would have been the toughest federal mandate to date aimed at curbing the spread of the coronavirus, which continues to infect more than 40,000 Americans a day. The officials said that it was drafted under the agency’s “quarantine powers” and that it had the support of the secretary of health and human services, Alex M. Azar II, but the White House Coronavirus Task Force, led by Vice President Mike Pence, declined to even discuss it.
    This administration is trying to run up their kill count.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Are you seeing some hard information about the steroid treatments? Or is that the normal procedure with a course of treatment like that - multiple days?
    Yeah, I can't find the article I read about it before but the typical "weaning" period for the steroid treatment he got is 10 days. It's also the type that has VERY bad side effects if someone tries to go cold turkey.

EDIT: Here, I found this NPR article about the treatment that...well it doesn't paint a pretty picture about what's REALLY going on with Trump (though we all already suspected it).

https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-...treat-covid-19

What I find a bit worrying is that cortico steroids are immunosuppressive (that is their point, after all), which puts you at risk for infections. So even if he already recovered from Covid, his body would still be recovering, which means the immune system is already hard pressed and then it's also suppressed by the steroids. I wouldn't risk catching even a slight cold under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is the reason I gave the link, so others could read the whole article. But there is no reason to say a black woman stocks a shelf, as if that is special. Every stock worker at our Walmart I have seen, has been mostly white. He was pandering again.
    You should try reading something other than Fox News. You know why he said it? Minorities are being hurt by COVID at a much higher rate than white people.

https://covidtracking.com/race

Black people are dying at 2.3 times the rate than white people. That's why he brought up black people working on the front lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    After months claiming Biden wants to cancel debates, Trump pusses out and the second debate canceled... wtf? How is this shit bird keep getting away with this shit?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How is this shit bird keep getting away with this shit?
    It's not illegal, and the emperor is not wearing clothes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember how the USPS had a plan to send out masks to everyone and the Trump administration killed it? They killed another initiative from the CDC recently as well - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/09/h...pgtype=Article

Ted Cruz, in pointing out that Trump and Pence "can win if they make people feel good about the current state of things under Trump" pretty much did the "accidentally said the quiet part loud" thing.

They want people to think things have gone back to normal. They can't actually address the coronavirus issue; that should be painfully clear by now. What they can do (or hope to do, at least) is to convince people that it's no longer a problem. And federal programs handing out masks, and kids staying home from school, and businesses staying closed, and people walking around and regularly wearing masks and business demanding it, are antithetical to that imagined normalcy.

They've gotten away pretty well with "ignore what your ears are telling you" with their prospective voters vis-a-vis the stupid shit Trump says and does on a daily basis, but "ignore what your eyes are telling you" when everyone around them is wearing masks, big signs at the stores mandate them wearing masks, and no one is going to school or out shopping and everyone has been stuck at home for sixth months is a lot harder of a sale. They can try and play it up as an "overblown hoax" only so far, especially when people trying to tow the Trump administration line on the matter are visibly doing so by refusing to wear a mask when the vast majority of people around them are. They stand apart, likely drawing cross glances and periodic denials of service. (As they should, of course)

Trump and co. are attempting to force the issue "to be over" not by solving it, but by pretending it isn't happening. So anything that reinforces that it is happening, especially from the government? They're going to fight it tooth and nail. Just for the illusion of normalcy they need to create to pretend Trump's presidency hasn't been one gigantic shitshow.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Major loss for Trump. Even though the first debate was a disaster, viewership was high, with an audience much higher than he could ever hope to achieve with rallies. When you're down in the polls you need exposure, not to be seen as a petulant child who refused to debate and indeed got said debate cancelled.
    !
    Isn't that how he got Covid in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

"And I'll take all you fuckers with me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You mean be pitched softball questions
    Did you watch the last one? What was the subject, when Lester Holt told Biden he is avoiding the question and not answering it directly?

Edit: Hint: This is an issue you have brought up about Biden and I don’t think you considered a soft ball assertion.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-09 at 11:38 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Isn't that how he got Covid in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

"And I'll take all you fuckers with me."
    "You cant put me on trial if you die first!!"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What Trumpkins expected:

What they got:
    Nah, Trump ain't Papa Nurgle. Remember, Papa Nurgle is love. He just wants you to be happy. He cares about everyone, no matter who or what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Nah, Trump ain't Papa Nurgle. Remember, Papa Nurgle is love. He just wants you to be happy. He cares about everyone, no matter who or what they are.
    He means that Trump is the plague lord...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He means that Trump is the plague lord...
    Trump is more like Mortarion or Typhus. Full of hate and spite.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Trump is more like Mortarion or Typhus. Full of hate and spite.
    I am all into dork and nerd culture... I use it as a joke, but I do have just about all Amiibo, unopened... even imports...

But... I had to google who Nurgle even was... I do know the history of WoW and Warhammer... which kinda proves the lawsuit, since I thought that was a fat Gul’dan...

Edit: It was brought to my attention that there was no lawsuit. I did find a rift forum with no link, talking about it... so... I blame Nelson Mandela.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-10 at 12:19 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    "You cant put me on trial if you die first!!"
    Lol, ideally Trump would last long enough to lose the election, and then drop off. I really don't see him ever making it to a criminal trial. His ability to avoid consequences is perhaps his best feature/skill.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Lol! Actually, according this very recent Gallup poll......https://www.newsmax.com/politics/gal.../09/id/991146/

Remarkably, as President Donald Trump pointed out via Tweet, a majority of Americans feel they are better off amid the global coronavirus pandemic than they were under Obama-Biden in 2016, according to the Gallup Poll.

Just 32% of Americans feel they are worse off today than they were under former President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Even though Obama and Biden claim to have inherited The Great Recession, as opposed to brought it on with their impending election, just 45% of voters felt they were better off from the crash of election-cycle 2008, than they were in 2012.

The record began during the administration of former President Ronald Reagan, who famously said: "Are you better off today than you were four years ago?"

It has become a gold standard litmus test in presidential reelection campaigns since 1984, and this is the first time a majority of American registered voters felt they were indeed better off now than during the previous administration.

The previous high was George W. Bush in 2004, at 47%, which is still a minority.

In the reelection campaigns since 1984, according to Gallup's poll of registered voters saying they were better off:

1984: 44%.
    1992: 38%.
    2004: 47%.
    2012: 45%.
    2020: 56%.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-10 at 12:00 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Desperate, last ditch right wing talking points, after an awful week for the lord of chaos semi united (Tzeentch doesnt wanna get near Trump), and his lord of flies, Pence
    Media Bias/Fact Check: Newsmax

RIGHT BIAS
    These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

Overall, we rate Newsmax Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to deceptive advertising that appears as news links and the promotion pseudo scientific information.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsmax/

So... there's that.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What Trumpkins expected:

What they got:
    I mean, they appear to be fine with it either way.

Lol! Actually, according this very recent Gallup poll......https://www.newsmax.com/politics/gal.../09/id/991146/

Remarkably, as President Donald Trump pointed out via Tweet, a majority of Americans feel they are better off amid the global coronavirus pandemic than they were under Obama-Biden in 2016, according to the Gallup Poll.

Just 32% of Americans feel they are worse off today than they were under former President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Even though Obama and Biden claim to have inherited The Great Recession, as opposed to brought it on with their impending election, just 45% of voters felt they were better off from the crash of election-cycle 2008, than they were in 2012.

The record began during the administration of former President Ronald Reagan, who famously said: "Are you better off today than you were four years ago?"

It has become a gold standard litmus test in presidential reelection campaigns since 1984, and this is the first time a majority of American registered voters felt they were indeed better off now than during the previous administration.

The previous high was George W. Bush in 2004, at 47%, which is still a minority.

In the reelection campaigns since 1984, according to Gallup's poll of registered voters saying they were better off:

1984: 44%.
    1992: 38%.
    2004: 47%.
    2012: 45%.
    2020: 56%.
    I feel I'm in a better position than 4 years ago, having paid off credit card debt and being a bit better financially.

Trump did jack shit to help me in that matter. So me feeling in a better position than under Obama is hardly a thumbs up to Trump.