Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    even the human campaign need the orcish prologue to set up things with the horde x alliance dillema, you would do the same exactly mistake they did with the movie throwing shit without a proper explanation or build up, a game is different than a movie, you can pause, you spend time, you read about things and etc

i literally can't understand this massive bone for arthas, but to everyone who don't play wow he is a nobody and people will just see him as a Darth Vader prototype without a proper set up, fucker is not even the main character or the most important event of wc3, let alone a movie to build up an universe.
    Guess what, he's nobody to anyone when they play War 3 for the first time, he still became arguably the best character in the franchise. That's what you don't understand, you need no prior knowledge for the Human campaign, because it's 100% self contained. The orcs you fight in there aren't thrall's orcs, those already left for kalimdor. You can completely explain it in the first movie. If you don't explain everything it's also great, because you get viewers interested in doing some research on their own, maybe even get them interested to play the games themselves, leading up to WoW ofc. If you go into full detail what point is there for them to do that, they already know all the backstory. No good movie explains everything about it's world just in that movie.

Star was has some of if not the richest lore out there, the movies present none of it, just basic ideas that are needed for those movies to function, if you wanna delve in the lore there are books, games etc. No reason why this wouldn't work for a Warcraft movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Guess what, he's nobody to anyone when they play War 3 for the first time, he still became arguably the best character in the franchise. That's what you don't understand, you need no prior knowledge for the Human campaign, because it's 100% self contained.
    you litrally need the prologue firs before starting the human campaign, the human campaign also cite and explain a lot of shit that happens sidelines like Medivh and the burning blade once again dealing with demons

You can't start a franchise with just arthas because not even the human campaign in Wc3 is just about him, stop pretending he is the star and principal character of the game, he can't build the warcraft universe alone.

Star was has some of if not the richest lore out there, the movies present none of it, just basic ideas that are needed for those movies to function, if you wanna delve in the lore there are books, games etc. No reason why this wouldn't work for a Warcraft movie.
    the difference sill is how the movies came first, you don't do a movie about Darth vader out of the game and try to build his downfall story as something who will be the pillar of star wars franchise. Not even the prequels are just about him, we have all the build with palpatine and the creation of the empire

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Because they didn't follow the lore... Telling a story about Arthas and not following the lore would flop just as hard. It's not what time period they chose, it's that they didn't stick to the established story basically at all.
    not only that but you cant fit the entire First War into one movie. Its laughable they even tried. Outside of the time limitations of the movie I feel like they missed the mark on the aesthetics of the movie as well. The CGI looked weird next to actual living human beings, the armor all looked like rubber almost every single person was miscast especially Medivh. The whole thing was a mess

i literally can't understand this massive bone for arthas, but to everyone who don't play wow he is a nobody and people will just see him as a Darth Vader prototype without a proper set up, fucker is not even the main character or the most important event of wc3, let alone a movie to build up an universe.

how exactly arthas is a nobody? he was one of the main characters and a whole campagin in warcraft 3: reign of chaos and the most important character in warcraft 3: the frozen throne and we have a whole pack about arthas. he is the reason stratholm and kingdom of lordaeron fell, he is the reason we dont have high elves anymore he is the reason archimonde leveled dalaran to the ground.
    you also spend whole human campaign and most if not all of undead campaign playing with arthas.
    I liked the character very much even before I played WoW or even before WoTLK.

you can hate him, but please dont let it blind you and definitely dont sprout it around.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2020-10-10 at 11:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they stay true to the story this time, sure.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The first movie did not do any real world building and a lot of the story elements and scenes just seemed like randomly pieced together separate pre-viz shots. Any new movie has to start by laying out the foundation of the universe the story is set in. Either by starting with a monologue or by exposition throughout. Many of the key components of the universe have to be laid out as part of the story in some fashion. That includes magic and the role of such in the world. Azeroth as a fictional world with a separate history and various races has to be established and bound into the story as a fundamental part of story development. Slowing the story down to focus on individual characters (not necessarily famous heroes) would also be a good point, almost like stand ins for the viewer in the world.

The first movie just sped to fast through everything and skipped over many of the things that established the lore and flow of the RTS and WOW. For example, when the Orcs get to Azeroth, nothing about the environment of Azeroth and its unique creatures is shown or touched on at all. The Orcs aren't shown going out on hunting parties to gather resources and setting up war camps. The leadership isn't shown actually leading these activities. As part of doing their resource gathering, hunting and scouting (you know horde stuff), they should come across human towns and settlements. In turn, the humans should be shown in these towns going about their day doing their normal thing like farming, fishing and what not with no idea of the horde. That establishes the idea that this is an alien force and the humans are taken totally by surprise and builds up the tension as attacks mount and word gets to the king. Then the King sends out a call for heroes and we see the full environment of Lordaeron with its various wings and the forces of the king gathering for war. As part of this gathering for war, there would be alliance scouts sent out, Medivh would be brought in to act as councellor to the King and maps of the kingdom shown. These scenes would add to the world in showing that the warriors use magical powers and armor along with the roles that are played by rank and file Palladins, Mages and Priests as part of the war effort. That is world building. Not just in one scene the Horde arrives, Orcs have a little bro to bro chat and then they go to war. Makes no sense.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2020-10-10 at 01:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ooh.. Give a Lich King movie. Now that would be badass. And no one else leading the role than the guy who plays superman and witcher, who's name I've forgotten for some reason.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I'm hoping this means they'll rethink the approach to a movie adaptation. I'd love to see a retelling or reimagining of some kind of story within the Warcraft universe in movie form. A properly done WC3 > TFT > WotLK type arc would be amazing, or something along those lines. It's a great universe with great lore but you can't just stuff everything into one movie and have it poorly clash like it did with the first. Everything orc and animated in it was stellar, everything human and orc was... Okay, I guess. All the pure human scenes were mediocre at best, which should tell you something.

For a successful movie they need to rewrite the story a lot. Trying to fit the whole lore is impossible, just like it is with the Marvel movies and 60 years of comics.

i hope this reboot will be done correctly... if they are planning to turn this into a cinematic universe, and they for sure have shit load of lore..... prolly more potential than whole Marvel Thanos storyline. But it needs to be done correctly and not just for fans like the first movie.

I was running the Warcraft movie fansite since 2007, when first words started to emerge, and finally 10 years later when movie was out, I was little disappointed even as a fan. The Orc part visually was done awesome, prolly the best CGI humanoid animation so far in movies. But that was the biggest problem, they focused on Orcs so much that Human part was a joke, visuals were on a B-lvl cuz they prolly didn't have money anymore for it

Lots of great actors, totally miscast......and whole movie lacked at least 30 more minutes to even try to bring some logic to already mishmash story that Duncan Jones tried to make as close to the Lore. Even thou I generally liked the movie, mostly cuz of Orc storyline, I shut down the website in 2019 cuz i thought - thats it for Warcraft movies...and was maybe hoping for some animated series at some streaming service.

Alas, this is a good news, but they need to start it with Human centric story, cuz even thou this is all about Orcs vs Humans......for general audience and fantasy to sell, it has to be Human storyline, prolly Arthas...and then gradually expand the universe with the Orcs, Dragons and all the lore. Spin off movies, TV series anthologies to fill in the blanks, etc.

First movie failed with the general audience cuz nobody really cared about movie where main protagonists are 8 feet humanoid beasts with tusks.

Same thing will happen to all the Avatar movies in production, first was huge, cuz it was James Cameron and all the freaking new technology he brought into the first movie. People were interested into that...... rest of the movies, like 4 of them will not come anywhere close the first one, cuz it's hard to connect emotionally with huge blue humanoid aliens as the main protagonists.
    Last edited by dim; 2020-10-10 at 03:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    how exactly arthas is a nobody?
    in wc3 he start as a "nobody" a new chaacter introduced in the human campaign. To anyone who don't play warcraft/wow he is a nobody, and without a proper set up people will just dismiss him like they did in the first movie.

you can hate him, but please dont let it blind you and definitely dont sprout it around.
    im not hating him, im contesting his fanboys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    not only that but you cant fit the entire First War into one movie. Its laughable they even tried. Outside of the time limitations of the movie I feel like they missed the mark on the aesthetics of the movie as well. The CGI looked weird next to actual living human beings, the armor all looked like rubber almost every single person was miscast especially Medivh. The whole thing was a mess
    Yup...

Should have just made a wholly animated movie, IMO, would have been better that way, or better yet a series.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yup...

Should have just made a wholly animated movie, IMO, would have been better that way, or better yet a series.
    an animated series would have made the characters just look way too cartoony.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

in wc3 he start as a "nobody" a new chaacter introduced in the human campaign. To anyone who don't play warcraft/wow he is a nobody, and without a proper set up people will just dismiss him like they did in the first movie.

im not hating him, im contesting his fanboys
    your argument doesnt make any sense, it applies to everyone in the warcraft universe. if we are talking about people who dont play warcraft and wow its like then everyone is a nobody, sylvannas came out of nowhere, whole night elf race came out of nowhere in warcraft.

now about the dismissing part I agree, in order for arthas or really, most other characters to make a meaningful impact on the viewers they need to add some back stories, arthas transition will happen so fast in one single movie, it has to be atleast 3 movies where the first one starts slightly before where the reign of chaos story begins in order for new viewers to understand the good side of arthas or the transition will not give a climax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    an animated series would have made the characters just look way too cartoony.
    That depends entirely on the art style they choose... Not that that's relevant, like, at all, since the Warcraft franchise has always had a cartoony art style.

I for one would even be perfectly fine with them doing an animated series in the style of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnzoSl31bPE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HerNdsh_H-g these cutscenes, in fact I'd greatly prefer it over an anime artstyle like a lot of people tend to suggest... It would also give a stylistic continuity between the game and the series, in addition to allowing characters to be voiced by their same voiceactors they used in the games (Uther without Michael McConnohie doing his voice just wouldn't be Uther... Varian or Thrall without Chris Metzen or Jaina without Laura Bailey just wouldn't be right) which IMO would be nice.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-10-11 at 01:43 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    First movie failed with the general audience cuz nobody really cared about movie where main protagonists are 8 feet humanoid beasts with tusks.
    The movie failed in the US because everyone listens to the corrupt movie critics that gave it a bad score. The movie did very well in Europe and Asia.

It's just the US population that's too stupid to think and decide for themselves and gives power to corrupt critics that can be bought. Plenty of worse films got very good scores, totally undeserved. But that's what happens when you buy the critics. The new Star Wars, did well with critics but people hated it. Lots of Marvel movies are really subpar and yet get all kinds of claim. Corruption is the keyword.

Anyway, was the Warcraft movie perfect? No. It had some key pieces of story missing due to cutting it shorter. If you watch the extras on the disc you'll see it would've been better. The acting of the Humans wasn't as great as the Orcs, also agree on that. But overall the movie was pretty good. A solid 7 at least. And that's why it did well outside of the US. But it didn't deserve the harsh critics in the US who gave it a 2 or 3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Should probably go with arthas story it's the only good wow lore imo.
    I don't know if players who like the Arthas storyline could take a Warcraft 3: Reforged - The Movie. I think it would kill them.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    warcraft movie pathetique....please.dont do warcraft2.....better,bring more hero classes to the game,wake up blizzard!...
    Because Blizzard has a lot to do about these movies, right? Lots of work for them, since they're so involved in the process?

Jesus..
    Hi

I'm on board with a series of movies, HOWEVER, I do not think they should have any live action in them. Produce them like the expansion cinematics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashingspoon View Post
    I'm on board with a series of movies, HOWEVER, I do not think they should have any live action in them. Produce them like the expansion cinematics
    That would be prohibitively expensive.