Legion Legendaries and artifacts

Any idea why they are disabled?

Is disabling legion artifacts and legendaries fun for the players?
    Why not just keep them enabled while in Legion content and disable them outside of that instead?

Same thing with old raid sets, why not let the players experience the sets as they were when it was current content by only allowing them on the continents and raids relevant to their expansion?

It's simple really: it takes at least a minimal effort to change the effects to reflect any class changes they make. Disabling them requires no effort at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post

Why not just keep them enabled while in Legion content and disable them outside of that instead?

Same thing with old raid sets, why not let the players experience the sets as they were when it was current content by only allowing them on the continents and raids relevant to their expansion?
    Because by allowing them to stay active and current expansion abilities would cause a lot of broken and definitely unintended things. Easier to disable them across the board to prevent any issues. Some of the conduit abilities and legendary abilities are either similar or a copy/paste from some prior ability with new ones sprinkled in. For timewalking in particular it could break things to the point of players being drastically overpowered causing them to need to tune the dungeons even higher so those who don't have the ability to double dip on things being extremely weak and risk being booted from the group, to name a few.

They are still hefty stat sticks while leveling no? Are they 100% disabled or simply their effects

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    They are still hefty stat sticks while leveling no? Are they 100% disabled or simply their effects
    just the effects like all of the old tier bonuses

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really see Blizzard balancing the game around items from two expansions ago. They are still very useful while leveling though.

1. Blizzard are lazy and they don't want to have to deal with them.

2. Blizzard doesn't like people making their own fun within the game, you must fit the mould and when the time comes things outside the mould will be pruned.

Meanwhile PVP scaling being broken and ruining the game, but that's another story I guess.

For timewalking in particular it could break things to the point of players being drastically overpowered causing them to need to tune the dungeons even higher so those who don't have the ability to double dip on things being extremely weak and risk being booted from the group, to name a few.
    Drastically overpowered in Timewalking? It's already extremely easy and TW dungeons have traditionally been roflstomped with multi legendary twink sets. It'd be irrelevant, and if there are somehow duplicate effects you can have it only affect once. Example heroic leap +2 charges, can simply cap out at 3 charges. Even with 5 charges of heroic leap it'd make no difference at all.

They don't need to balanace timewalking around anything other than the base experience, players being overpowered is irrelevant and players knowing they can gear up to be overpowered is an incentive to play the game and explore that, for fun.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-10-10 at 06:29 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    1. Blizzard are lazy and they don't want to have to deal with them.
    Lazy? You have any insight the developers are lazy?

One reason for sure is balancing and having to constantly redesign them. Some arent working after redesigns, some would be insane now. And there is other stuff to tune than all this old shit needing weeks of bugfixing/redesigning to get them work properly.

And the leveling part is also difficult. When should you be able to use them? Is it optimal to have them for leveling? Any restriction would have been "oh they hate us" since some people always complain - and some people only complain about every minor issue they see.
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-10-10 at 10:41 AM.

Because it was the easiest sollution for them at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Lazy? You have any insight the developers are lazy?

One reason for sure is balancing and having to constantly redesign them. Some arent working after redesigns, some would be insane now. And there is other stuff to tune than all this old shit needing weeks of bugfixing/redesigning to get them work properly.

And the leveling part is also difficult. When should you be able to use them? Is it optimal to have them for leveling? Any restriction would have been "oh they hate us" since some people always complain - and some people only complain about every minor issue they see.
    Somehow they managed until late WoD without disabling old stuff. So, the question is, what do they have to show for that extra time saved since then? BFA perhaps? I'm far from impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Somehow they managed until late WoD without disabling old stuff. So, the question is, what do they have to show for that extra time saved since then? BFA perhaps? I'm far from impressed.
    Legiondaries were easy to obtain. I mean who would've farmed old legendaries while leveling? They required several weeks of farming and were mostly just "do some damage".

Legiondaries could be farmed as tokens, i believe i had STILL 40 of them last time i checked despite of having 9 lvl 110/120 chars. So they are still a thing.

What really changed was that they added so much crazy stuff lately that needs a lot of attendance every time they squish things. SL legendaries will be a problem too later on, when they ad SL to Chromie.

And they always had to rebalance/nerf old stuff. If you make a new movement speed potions, noone uses it since there's always a cheap old one.

Do you find in BC or WOTLK or MOP etc a system like Legiondaries? The answer is no. Back then they thought adding legendaries is a cool idea. They never thought of the long term costs of having to constantly bug fix and redesign and tune stuff like that. There are over 100 legiondaries...
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-10-10 at 11:05 AM.

Balance. With squishes/class changes and so on some sets could be OP AF or not work if spells/effects are removed. People would complain and it would be a head ache for nothing. Tho I would find it cool to have twinks with sets working

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Legiondaries were easy to obtain. I mean who would've farmed old legendaries while leveling? They required several weeks of farming and were mostly just "do some damage".

Legiondaries could be farmed as tokens, i believe i had STILL 40 of them last time i checked despite of having 9 lvl 110/120 chars. So they are still a thing.

What really changed was that they added so much crazy stuff lately that needs a lot of attendance every time they squish things. SL legendaries will be a problem too later on, when they ad SL to Chromie.

And they always had to rebalance/nerf old stuff. If you make a new movement speed potions, noone uses it since there's always a cheap old one.

Do you find in BC or WOTLK or MOP etc a system like Legiondaries? The answer is no. Back then they thought adding legendaries is a cool idea. They never thought of the long term costs of having to constantly bug fix and redesign and tune stuff like that. There are over 100 legiondaries...
    I bolded the actual problem for you. It's not old tier set bonuses or even legiondaries. It's them constantly adding balancing nightmare nonsense, and changing things for no other reason but to change them to fit the disposable expansion systems.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post

Mostly because of tunning I guess. You would be way more powerful if you chose to level in legion and when you want to SL out of legion content you would drop down in power tremendously until you got to max level epics.