Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what is this cheering yourself up i hear of?
    It's when you try to feel good instead of bad.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

I spend time with my cat, get in touch with friends/family to chat on the phone...or go for a walk/hike in the nearby forest.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely need cheering up. But when I do, I pray or sing hymns.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

music, video games, or spending time with my sugar gliders.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I watch youtube videos of people on the left having melt downs over Trump, or left wing people being interviewed: Why dont you like Trump? "Because he racist and homophobic" Ok can you give some examples? ".... well.... there are just so many..." Ok can you name one? "............. um... *looks down and walks away*

Those always cheer me up. Left meltdowns over election also never get old, cant wait for round 2 when he wins 2020.

5+ Year Old Account
    Masturbate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I watch youtube videos of people on the left having melt downs over Trump, or left wing people being interviewed: Why dont you like Trump? "Because he racist and homophobic" Ok can you give some examples? ".... well.... there are just so many..." Ok can you name one? "............. um... *looks down and walks away*

Those always cheer me up. Left meltdowns over election also never get old, cant wait for round 2 when he wins 2020.
    Salty Cracker is a great channel.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cook, or throw knives, or very rarely draw.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post

Lol!! Good one.

Reading a post like this one, makes me chuckle. And that is a good thing.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I think physical activity you don't have to commit a lot of active thought to do is very effective at changing mood for the better. Exercise, sex, house cleaning, taking the dog out, etc- are great for you physically and mentally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Depends on what has me down, really. If I'm feeling depressed or overwhelmed, I've found petting one my cats is generally a good pick-me-up. If I'm feeling angry or pressured, I'll play God of War or something similar and just digitally smash things until I've worked it out of my system.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    It's when you try to feel good instead of bad.
    i beat up draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Picking up the guitar or going for a night drive helps me switch off.

Really depends on what it is that is making me need to be cheered up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone already listed everything good...

In my experience almost everyone has certain TV shows/movies from their childhood which I call "comfort shows", they take you back to a time as a kid where everything was perfect. For me as a kid I remember I loved watching Seinfeld and Stargate so anytime I'm down I like playing those on my TV in the background as I go about my daily business. It cheers me up!
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-10-12 at 05:59 AM.

I meet friends, watch comedies, cook, listen to music.

Blackjack and hookers. In fact.......forget about the blackjack.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020