Thread: The Boys

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I won't say anything else on the matter, sorry mods, don't want to derail, but I thought that was a disingenuous, needlessly snarky post.

Try Again.

Seriously. People are making connections that aren't there. And painting it with their own politics while they're doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I haven't read the comics but almost supe that died on screen had an extremely violent death. Otherwise they seem to just bounce back eventually. Even Starlight took a sniper round straight to the chest.
    In the comics the average Supe tends to be pretty durable. The default effect of V is super strength, endurance, some durability and some healing. Very, very few are extremely powerful though. Most don't even come close to the Female who is less strong than Homelander or Stormfront.

Most are quite killable even if you have to shoot them repeatedly with armor piercing machine gun fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk if there is a connection or not, maybe it was a subtle jab at Marvel.

Regardless, it was an awesome fight scene, one people watch and think “Marvel, take some fucking notes”. Cause let’s be honest, girl fights are awesome, and we notice when they’re done poorly.
    Its almost like I posted the actual reference and people still believe what they want to believe.

The Endgame scene is barely there. The big problem with Endgame is that we knew it was going to be Tony Stark's show with Strange confirming as much in the previous movie. Everything else was superfluous window dressing yet somehow internet whiners managed to magnify one very short scene into a conspiracy to make them feel uncomfortable.

The reason I think "there's enough there, there," is because this show is a deliberate lampoon of things like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. From them playing up Maeve's sexuality when she was outed by Homelander, to the all female team up movie, to the corporatized image they set up, etc.

Man, I'd really love for a Chris Evans type to weigh in on The Boys, tbh. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a while to binge it all, but it was fun and worth it. Urban and Starr were great. Loved the gore.

Might have to binge the comic.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I haven't read the comics but almost supe that died on screen had an extremely violent death. Otherwise they seem to just bounce back eventually. Even Starlight took a sniper round straight to the chest.
    In the comics there is a Vought plot to influence a coup in Russia. Their plan is to use a modified Compound V that when ingested can cause a Supes head to explode but only if a certain frequency is heard.

Also in the comics That The Boys get a refined version of compound V that costs 19 billion $ a shot, the reason for the cost is to dissuade the US Gov from using in in the Armed Forces because of its extreme cost. Makes the Boys 50 times stronger and durable but nothing else which makes them better than 4 out of 5 Supes.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Youre looking for honor in this show? Especially when they were facing an immoral that could fire any of them in a 1v1?
    Not necessarily look for it, it's just that a scene like that doesn't hype me up or make me fist pump. I felt great about the punches Kimiko got in, and I especially liked her smile the moment she realized that she wasn't going to freeze. I also liked Maeve coming in for the save, I just didn't enjoy 3 people kicking someone on the floor. Call me old fashioned I guess.

And in regards to the power difference, I think the problem there is that it wasn't really previously established where Stormfront was in relation to Maeve or Starlight (though she clearly outmatched Kimiko). Multiple Avengers fighting Thanos doesn't bother me cause that difference was established the second he wrecked Hulk in under a minute, and furthermore because of the way the fights are shot. There's no beating on someone who appears helpless at any point.

Again, I'm not expecting the boys fights to go like Marvel fights. Obviously this is a more gritty and realistic take, its just that that kind of beatdown doesn't make me feel good, even when the recipient is nazi scum. Had the same thing with the Inglorious bastards "bear jew" scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Cause they had an opening scene that was clearly done to make fun of and mimic Avengers, with a cringey/forced “Girls get it done” line that was done purposely, followed by a much more natural fight scene (with girls), using the same line (“Girls do get it done”), and it was awesome.

The connection, imo, is there.
    Absolutely the connection is there. This is a very capable crew working on the project. If most people not working in the industry are making this connection they're absolutely aware of it. Thinking otherwise is ridiculous.

Stormfront, this Right-Wing Nazi cunt got me choking on my biscuits. When she told the kid about "white genocide" I was howling at her bullshit. I read all comics, I know what's coming.

Hilarious end to vile woman.

I think it's coo Urban has found success with this show. He is a good actor, a funny person, and seems to be an overall cool and easy-going dude IRL. I wish he would have gotten more recognition for Dredd, but such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Stormfront, this Right-Wing Nazi cunt got me choking on my biscuits. When she told the kid about "white genocide" I was howling at her bullshit. I read all comics, I know what's coming.

Hilarious end to vile woman.
    I loved the look on Homefront's face when she said it, even he was a bit uncomfortable.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The head blown off thing is from the comics? Can they still die from diseases naturally like A-Trains heart condition? Or is that another thing that Comics and Film handle differently.

Thinking of it, I guess the public / law enforcement would want proof. Like...see her body. So why lie about her status. (Ofc any proof could be faked)
    Comic wise they can die pretty much like normal people translucent for example is just stabbed to death by billy though it takes a bunch of stabs.

They pretty much Can just come back as brain damaged Zombies which vought uses for pr before hiding them away. Lamplighter for examples dies and gets brought back and then “retires” from the 7 and ends up sitting in a dark room trying to light his lamp with his own crap for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    In the comics there is a Vought plot to influence a coup in Russia. Their plan is to use a modified Compound V that when ingested can cause a Supes head to explode but only if a certain frequency is heard.
    I could be wrong but wasn’t that the case for all compound V?

wasn't billy gonna set off the frequency world wide at the end and kill all the sups/any one with slight compound v including him self and huege the last boy?

Or am i miss remembering something?

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Yeah but especially the Butcher character in the show is so damn anti superpowers it just wouldn't work in the universe they've setup. Sure they can still change this down the road but it will take a season or two to develop that character to the point oh him injecting compund V in their veins.

- - - Updated - - -

Atleast in this season. It might still lead somewhere in s3
    It'd actually be pretty easy to quickly explain why all of them would take it.

Frenchie would take it because of his relationship with the Female (want's to feel what she feels/thinks he can help protect her/etc).
    Mothers Milk would take it in order to protect his family.
    Hughie would take it because he feels so powerless compared to everyone else so much.
    And Butcher would probably be some sort of thing where he's critically injured and they think it's the only way to save him so they inject him with it while he's unconscious/bleeding out and becomes something that keeps him angry and now his character growth becomes something like "be better than Homelander and don't just abuse your powers" or something along those lines.

That'd take one or two episodes tops.

So Jensen Ackles doing a Cap America piss take character. That could be great. And seeing the first team of Seven before THE seven.

Interesting they are going back in time to the roots of vought and the nazi origin angle. Not surprising though from the supernatural showrunner which was also a lore heavy show.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    It'd actually be pretty easy to quickly explain why all of them would take it.

Frenchie would take it because of his relationship with the Female (want's to feel what she feels/thinks he can help protect her/etc).
    Mothers Milk would take it in order to protect his family.
    Hughie would take it because he feels so powerless compared to everyone else so much.
    And Butcher would probably be some sort of thing where he's critically injured and they think it's the only way to save him so they inject him with it while he's unconscious/bleeding out and becomes something that keeps him angry and now his character growth becomes something like "be better than Homelander and don't just abuse your powers" or something along those lines.

That'd take one or two episodes tops.
    It doesn’t even take 1-2 episodes. In the comics they take it because it allows them to go toe to toe with most of the Supes. The exceptions being those like Homelander, which they work the blackmail angle to keep him in line.
    Personally, I’m not a fan of all the liberties the show has taken from the comics, even though I do enjoy both. After the s2 finale it became apparent that the writers made it based off of the idea of The Boys from before Hughie in the comics. The writers just added Hughie and his story to it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We don't really. Homelander could be lying.That means there are two supes in unknown state: Stormfront and BlackNoir. But in the comics - not sure if it was said in the series - dead supes can be revived with Compound V. Then again, Stormfront would have all her limbs transplanted - I doubt her superpower can grow them back

She was confirmed to be alive by the showrunners.
    She'll probably end up being locked up somewhere, with no limbs, acting as a blood bank for experiments.

Or even worse; she could take Lamplighter's spot. We might see her regenerated but mentaly broken in a cell smeared in her own excrements.

honestly the last Homelander scene I was half expecting to find out that he was with what was left of Stormfront and was relieved that he was just wanking on the rooftops. I don't think we've seen the last of her but I don't think she's going to be making anything close to a full recovery, physically or mentally

as a european you just get tired of every series having these clear real world politics injected like "anti sjw" "anti right wing" "anti-trump"

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    as a european you just get tired of every series having these clear real world politics injected like "anti sjw" "anti right wing" "anti-trump"
    As a european, I don't have any issues with that.. mostly because I see a show for what it is, entertainment instead of acting like some reddit political activist trying to make everything about politics..

what's next? "OMG house of cards is way to political omgwtfbbq!"

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    As a european, I don't have any issues with that.. mostly because I see a show for what it is, entertainment instead of acting like some reddit political activist trying to make everything about politics..

what's next? "OMG house of cards is way to political omgwtfbbq!"
    yes comparing action with a literal politcal serie is ofcourse the same

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I could be wrong but wasn’t that the case for all compound V?

wasn't billy gonna set off the frequency world wide at the end and kill all the sups/any one with slight compound v including him self and huege the last boy?

Or am i miss remembering something?
    Normal V just changes the brain chemistry, the modified version popped heads.

Butcher had the head popping V refined even further and was lethal to any supe, his plan was to set off a series of 150 bombs. Which would make the stuff airborne killing anyone with a hint of V in them, then it would enter the food chain killing the people that missed the gas.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?