Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Xenoblade chronicles 2 (well it has gatcha... kinda, but you can trick the system and its easy to farm crystals anyway - and it doesnt cost real money).

Combat is also similar with character switch, but attacks are automatic so you dont have to click so much like in this game.

You cant climb tho
    While the sequel isn't bad I'd honestly recommend the first one over it as it was better than the sequel in every way and didn't have the pointless gatcha mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are there any games like Genshin that arent gacha? Like a single-player story rpg?
    If you an amazing anime JRPG, the Trails series is the best. Start with either Trails in the Sky: First Chapter, or Trails of Cold Steel 1. Whichever appeals to you the most. They are turn based. I'd probably lean towards recommending Trails of Cold Steel, as it is easier to get into and more polished, and also has an English voice cast that is amazing.

There are also the Atelier games. Pick whichever game interests you the most. The Dusk trilogy probably has the strongest story, but if you want a great story in your JRPG I'd recommend Trails over it. All Atelier games are turn based, except Ryza, which moved over to a classic Final Fantasy ATB system.

If you want an amazing anime JRPG with action combat, I'd recommend Tokyo Xanadu or Ys VIII (both are also made by the same developers as the Trails series and incorporates some of the things that make Trails so great, like the NPC design). Note that TX and Ys VIII weren't localized by the same people who do Trails, so TX doesn't have an English dub, and Ys VIII may be a little wonky here and there. Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection is also great, but the camera is top down, if that's a dealbreaker for you.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    While the sequel isn't bad I'd honestly recommend the first one over it as it was better than the sequel in every way and didn't have the pointless gatcha mechanic.
    Xenoblade 1 was fine. The first half of the game - up until the Fallen Arm Island - was really strong, albeit with some awkward pacing issues here and there. I was really invested in the story. After the Fallen Arm Island, the game went downhill for me and the story wasn't interesting anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also Final Fantasy XIV, which IMO has far and away the best story of any Final Fantasy game, probably up there with Trails as my favorite JRPG (though Trails edges out for me). Problem with FFXIV is that the first arc, ARR, is relatively boring. I didn't start getting invested in the story until patch 2.3, which - if you just do the story - is about 20-30, maybe 40 hours of playtime into the game. But once you reach the first expansion, Heavensward, it's all good from there on out and the story only continues to get better and better. FFXIV ARR and and Heavensward are free to play. It's like Square is giving away two epic JRPGs + all of the DLC away for free. Go and try it.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-10-11 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    yea you can't do floor 5, as of current, as f2p
    Why do you say that? I would imagine any floor is possible as a f2p player if your free pulls are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have had those games recommended before. Maybe it's time to pull the trigger. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why do you say that? I would imagine any floor is possible as a f2p player if your free pulls are good.
    "If you win the statistical lottery"

That's why this game isn't just strictly "not p2w" as you say. You're statistically unlikely to get everything you need to progress properly by playing for free. Is it possible? Sure. And maybe 10 players get that lucky. That isn't the typical experience, though. If you have to pay to get the proper chances at tools to beat the game, to cap your characters out, etc, it might as well be actual p2w.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post

That's why this game isn't just strictly "not p2w" as you say. You're statistically unlikely to get everything you need to progress properly by playing for free. Is it possible? Sure. And maybe 10 players get that lucky. That isn't the typical experience, though. If you have to pay to get the proper chances at tools to beat the game, to cap your characters out, etc, it might as well be actual p2w.
    Disregarding the fact, that you can clear floors 5 and onwards with strictly free characters you are given, you are also guaranteed a 5-star at a 90th pull at the maximum during the specific character banner. So do say, what "tools" you absolutely have to pay for?

Statistically low or not, its possible. You don't need some decked out team full of 5* characters. Most 4* are really good. You don't need to spend money to cap out characters either. Plenty of f2p players beating the 8th floor and beyond of the spire as well. I would argue that paying isn't necessary when you can, and will, be able to get the things needed for free. I've gotten 6 characters, 3 of which are really good, for free. Lots of people are saying the same thing. Again though, its not required.

So, anyone else not seeing the weekly bp quest to spend 1600 resin? I don't seem to have that quest. Nvm. Seems what you get is random.

On another note. How does Xiangling Not have a cooking bonus? Like, shes a famous chief! How is she one of the ones without some sort of bonus for cooking? Its her job!
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-10-11 at 08:17 AM.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Disregarding the fact, that you can clear floors 5 and onwards with strictly free characters you are given, you are also guaranteed a 5-star at a 90th pull at the maximum during the specific character banner. So do say, what "tools" you absolutely have to pay for?
    Let me put it like this:

I want to cap my favorite character out. I'm talking full constellation, best 5* weapon, etc. How do I do that without dropping metric fuck tons of cash?

"But it's not necessary!"

Doesn't matter. The more you pay, the more power you get. Mark my words, eventually there will be SOME competitive aspect to it or something that necessitates good <everything> to complete and get top tier rewards.

Let me put it like this:

I want to cap my favorite character out. I'm talking full constellation, best 5* weapon, etc. How do I do that without dropping metric fuck tons of cash?

"But it's not necessary!"

Doesn't matter. The more you pay, the more power you get. Mark my words, eventually there will be SOME competitive aspect to it or something that necessitates good <everything> to complete and get top tier rewards.
    So you're crying in advance because of some hypothetical "one day it may happen"?

Say you're playing WoW, and you want to "cap" your favourite character out. Best gear, cream of the crop. But oh no, you are not good enough to raid mythic. Wait, but you can pay for a carry and technically get all that shiny gear for "metric fuck tons of cash". What's your point? p2w?

Sometimes things you want don't drop. Even in single player games. Deal with it.

Also, it's a goddamn free gacha game. What do you expect? Get some enjoyment out of it, be it out of 1 or 10 or 100 or 1000 hours of gameplay, and move on. There's not much to do in the game after you finish the current content anyway.

Doesn't matter. The more you pay, the more power you get.
    That's a big Maybe. You Might get more power for your 1 single character. More than likely, you wont.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are there any games like Genshin that arent gacha? Like a single-player story rpg?
    Inotia 3 and 4

- - - Updated - - -

or if PC, Borderlands

on Warcraft 3 there's Founders of the North, Medieval Villagers, Northrend Bound
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Fischl twice. Didn't think she was that great a first, partly because Amber gives bow users a bad name and Lisa is useful her E doesn't always do what I want it to. Geared her a little bit and bow way I was wrong. Basically constant electro which pairs nicely with my current main damage dealer, Jean.

I also kept Amber slotted to hit weak spots on some bosses but Fischl fills the role so much better without being useless otherwise. Still trying to roll a Venti...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is some shitty even coming up soon that allows you to group with other players to get rewards....but those rewards cost resin lol.

Well there is some shitty even coming up soon that allows you to group with other players to get rewards....but those rewards cost resin lol.
    There are rewards that cost resin (which is basically a better ley-line XP reward) and there are rewards that cost none
    Basically every gacha event ever.

Btw. I just realized that Noelle's scaling is absolutely insane...

not only does Whiteblind have an abnormal high secondary stat scaling, her ultimate can get perma uptime which means at rank 15 talents, and C6 you get 135% def as attack.
    3k+++ attack seems rather easy to achieve. Especially since her base DEF is super high.

5times infused whiteblind at lvl adds ~85% def alone.

I wonder why some 4* weapons have way better secondary stat scaling than others.

the craftable 4* bow with phyiscal damage for example adds ~44% physical damage bonus at lvl 60,
    the craftable 4* spear with physical damage only ~25% at lvl 70

*sigh* too bad I'm really unlucky with the weapon drops from stormterror and wolf so far.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-11 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coop rewards already cost resin. Resin is just 'energy'/anti-grind softcap that exists in a lot of eastern games - whether you can buy your way around the mechanic or not.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    On another note. How does Xiangling Not have a cooking bonus? Like, shes a famous chief! How is she one of the ones without some sort of bonus for cooking? Its her job!
    I'm pretty sure she does have one, granting a 12% chance to make two of a dish when cooking an ATK-boosting dish (which will have a red sword icon). If you're crafting one of those the "Select Character" button will glow green indicating that you have a character that can get a bonus on those. While cooking other foods Xiangling won't have a bonus shown (but Barbara has the same bonus for HP-restoring food, so if you have her she'll be recommended when cooking healing items with the green + icon).

3+ Year Old Account
    aww yiss just got Venti, blowing up my 5000 prisms was so worth it now back to hunting anime and geo
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    remember guys

ftp = ptw

- - - Updated - - -

nothing, its a loot box game, ptw, etc..
    Ah. Got ya!

10+ Year Old Account
    Last area to clear of chests.. ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    getting a new hero is like a 0.x% chance. Tell him if he spends money on games like this he is an idiot.
    Someone would also like to support the good f2p games like this. People actually got paid to develop a game, shocking isnt it.