Uther in Bastion

And he's a bad guy? I thought he was a good guy? What do you think happened to turn him bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Neotrin2000 View Post
    And he's a bad guy? I thought he was a good guy? What do you think happened to turn him bad?
    It's explained in the zone, but the short of it is, he's angry that the horde betrayed sylvannas. XD

But in all serious, if you want hints at the story, go look at the wrath of the lich king story.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

RIP internet explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    It's explained in the zone, but the short of it is, he's angry that the horde betrayed sylvannas. XD

But in all serious, if you want hints at the story, go look at the wrath of the lich king story.
    That's not it at all, he's mad that people who go to bastion are are forced to give up their memories of their lives

He ain't a bad guy . He just kill those horrible blue automatons masquerading as good guys that want to erase everything about your very being .

He is doing a pretty good job in the begining. Too bad blizz hit him with the emasculator later on so he can gobble the genitals of those blueberry automatons .
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2020-10-11 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    He ain't a bad guy . He just kill those misguided Kyrians as good guys that want to erase everything about your very being .

A bit more accurate now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A bit more accurate now.
    Those blue automatons can call themselves whatever they want , it doesn't change the fact that they want to erase people from existence and convert them into their hive mind .

Yeah but, erasing peoples memories is needed to avoid biases and what not against the souls entering shadowlands. At least that's what I got from the storyline. So it's a necessary evil so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotrin2000 View Post
    Yeah but, erasing peoples memories is needed to avoid biases and what not against the souls entering shadowlands. At least that's what I got from the storyline. So it's a necessary evil so to speak.
    Still evil .

As far as i'm concerned , the shadowland is just filled to the brim with horribles beings that want to inflict diverse types of tortures to your soul.

The blue automatons force you to purge everything about yourself and kill you if you don't suceed and turn into dark angels.

The scourge 2.0 is explicit enough . they will hunt you down and you better be strong enough to survive or you end up as an abomination body parts.

The three huggers want to turn you into fertilizer and suck your soul of all of it's anima to feed their threes.

The snobby drug addicts will just torture the fuck out of you and throw you into the maw when they're bored .

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    Still evil .

As far as i'm concerned , the shadowland is just filled to the brim with horribles beings that want to inflict diverse types of tortures to your soul.

The blue automatons force you to purge everything about yourself and kill you if you don't suceed and turn into dark angels.

The scourge 2.0 is explicit enough . they will hunt you down and you better be strong enough to survive or you end up as an abomination body parts.

The three huggers want to turn you into fertilizer and suck your soul of all of it's anima to feed their threes.

The snobby drug addicts will just torture the fuck out of you and throw you into the maw when they're bored .
    It's definitely more like a Greek/Roman/Norse mythology afterlife deal, where most afterlives SUCK BALLS to some greater or lesser degree (hardly anyone went to Elysium or Valhalla). I don't think any of them are intended to be good guys. Just "pick your poison".

Spoiler, I guess. Normally I would expect people to know but...
    Uther is literally broken as far as souls go (see afterlives), then a kyrian chick learned about why and overreacted, ascended him too early while juicing her newly created faction on maw roids. He just goes along with it for the most part - which felt a bit forced, as it came as a partial absolution of his involvment. They simple don't have enough quests for the story line to make that heel turn believable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's definitely more like a Greek/Roman/Norse mythology afterlife deal, where most afterlives SUCK BALLS to some greater or lesser degree (hardly anyone went to Elysium or Valhalla). I don't think any of them are intended to be good guys. Just "pick your poison".
    We even have a valhalla, that is pretty much what Odyn has created in the warrior orderhall. It's also a sham though (like most afterlives in WoW), since it's just Odyn collecting souls/corpses of powerful warriors to build (/titanforge the dead into) his private army to fight against some cosmic forces. The troll afterlife is essentially like the ("real") christian one (as mentioned in classical literature) where all you do is hail your god all day long for eternity.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-11 at 10:29 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

To be honest it felt like they just needed a character fans would like. Unless there is more to the story in later patches uther isn't really uther.

Imo you could of replaced him with arthas's father and it would of fit new uther's personality better.

Honestly I thought Afterlives: Bastion was self-explanatory about this. His spirit was full of anguish and permanently scarred & traumatized by Frostmourne and Arthas' betrayal. Devos, upon discovering this decided to abandon the rehabilitation & transformation process that Bastion's aspirants usually undergo, and took matters into her own hands. By helping Uther get his revenge, and ascending him too early, Devos further cemented him in his ways. The ideal ascended is supposed to have shed all their past burdens and life before getting their wings.

Spoilers:

Despite Uther being one of the Forsworn, I don't think he's evil. In a sort of flashback scene, the leader of the Forsworn is shown speaking to one of her lieutenants, revealing they have been working with The Jailer in The Maw. In the same scene though, it's mentioned that Uther was excluded from the schemes and the power the Jailor offers because "his eyes are too scathing." (essentially he's still got too much of a moral compass to know what the Forsworn are really up to).

Most of the Forsworn, the "evil" dudes in Bastion, are really just rebelling against the shitty system there (and like Uther, are kept in the dark about allying with The Jailor, I assume). Once you get to Bastion, you are essentially forced to get rid of all your memories and past identity, take up the lofty ideals of the Archon (Bastion's ruler) and her elite, and spend the rest of eternity as a ferryman for new souls of the dead. Some people take longer in this process than others, but you have all of eternity, and none of the choice in the matter. People who refuse to let go are sent to the Temple of Loyalty (which if that doesn't sound re-education camp, idk what does). Big surprise that some of the dead there aren't okay with it, right? Honestly every realm we see in the Shadowlands so far can be summed up as this: [I]You arrive in a purgatory dimension where you're used as a resource for anima and/or forced into eternal labor. The end.[/I] It's not really heaven as much as it is a glorified hell imo.

Personal opinion here, but just from looking at what the Afterlives shorts and the explanations for each zone Blizzard has given us, the Shadowlands really seems to be built from souls rather than for them. It makes what Sylvanas said in the cinematic about setting us free from a prison more understandable imo.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2020-10-12 at 04:21 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |