Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selennah View Post
    Good side? both factions are good to their faction, alliance is the bad side for me as a horde player...
    Not exactly how you can consider a faction that just burned down an entire city and most of it's inhabitants, not to mention all the wildlife, ancients, whisps.... good
    I'm a thread killer.

Because of my friend I started as Alliance, even though I wanted to be Horde. Faction restriction ftw right.

If I ignored that and just went Horde anyway, what would have happen with me in game. Interesting to think about. Now I play both factions and have done for several years, most years in fact, my guild was also Horde for a little while, so today it's not really a big issue, but it would be nice to just pick a race and then decide myself what faction it would be. But that's another discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    coming off of WC3 the horde just seemed waaaay more relatable than the alliance.
    Yeah, same feeling really. But history wanted it differently :P

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Fell in love with Night Elves in WC3 followed them along, been very disappointed with how many balls are dropped in the switch from WC3 to WoW. But there is just less than zero appeal hordeside for me. Even though I toyed with it from time to time it just feels gross the cities the characters are both not my taste, Fun to kill but I can't be around them and enjoy myself outside of the Blood Elf areas. Now after the whole War of Thorns issue Horde is a dead faction to me completely.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    my brother played alliance so i made a horde
    As a brother, I totally understand. You definitely got the better end of the deal.

Horde couldn't be Paladins. Friend did not want to play horde. Paladins got free mounts at 40. Only Horde class that did was evil warlocks.

I always play an elven mage. The only elves were in Alliance and the only caster for elves was a priest. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Not exactly how you can consider a faction that just burned down an entire city and most of it's inhabitants, not to mention all the wildlife, ancients, whisps.... good
    from my point of view the jedi are evil

horde statistically are worse players.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was never really a choice. I want to experience the game and story from both sides so I've had two mains since BC. My heart belongs to my Draenei main though and would regardless of faction. The Draenei story in the starting zones really spoke to me. That's carried on all these years.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Back in the halcyon days of late 2004, I originally picked Horde because I was an edgy teenager and Scourge was my favorite WC3 faction. Most of my friends gravitated to the Horde as well so I happily played Horde from Vanilla to the end of Legion. I never even leveled an Alliance character past their starting zones.

Fast forward to the beta of BfA and I found myself so tired of the Horde story. I was okay with Garrosh getting the villain bat in MoP and the SoO because the story was kinda unique and I loved the whole expansion. But during the lead up to BfA I saw the way the winds were blowing and I was no longer the edgy teenager wanting to play the dark faction. Dwarves have always been my favorite fantasy race since I started playing Warhammer Fantasy about a decade ago so I decided to jump ship and go full Alliance with BfA. I now have 3 max level Alliance characters (Dwarf Hunter, Dark Iron Warrior and Void Elf Priest) and I love them more then I did any of my Horde characters.

Alliance untill my mythic guild finally bites the bullet and changes to horde (feels inevatable at this point).

3+ Year Old Account
    15 years into the game and I don't think I've technically picked a faction yet. I've always played both, cause variety is the spice of life and I'm a dirty altoholic.

Gun to my head? I'd probably go Alliance. Solely for aesthetics.

Hated Alliance in Warcraft 3 (still do), could've never played then in WoW.

Undead caster animations. \m/

10+ Year Old Account
    All my guildmates from EverQuest and most of my friends wanted to play Alliance.

Played horde since day one, mostly due to WarCraft 2.

Always “hated” alliance.

The alliance had a reputation of been play by kids when I start the game back in ze days, i guess I didn't want to be labeled as a kid even tho I was one )

Horde always have cooler mounts imo

Alliance due to horde has terrible city's.

I chose alliance, and played it exclusively for many years, because i think alliance zones and cities are MILES above anything the horde has in terms of feel and looks, i loved playing a human paladin, running around the great city of stormwind.

That being said, my alliance guild that i`ve been in for years decided that the alliance was dead, recruiting was getting harder and harder at the start of BFA, so we switched to horde.

I did recently faction change a char to alliance again after a longer break from the game, but realized after 2 hours that finding good groups for any raid or m+ was just so much more bothersome that i switched back to horde instantly when the CD on faction change was done.