Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoW slowly stepping into in danger zone

With Genshin Impact making over $100 million in two weeks, recovering the full cost of developing and running the game and the rising popularity on twitch despite there not being much of a social feel to the game, what will happen to WoW when more mmo games are released in 2021?

I don’t get why such a cringe worthy game like genshin impact is able to do what it did in two weeks both in terms of monetary gain and popularity...it’s no wow killer, but the more it grows the more it overshadows wow and that’s only just one new game...

Can blizzard devs please listen to the players and not remove all that is fun from the game?

Can we please have our fun back, namely the stuff recently removed from the game and make some changes to the overly restrictive plethora of systems?

Edit:

Just an FYI, it’s not about GI. I only used it as an example of what is to come.

Some of you asked me to be specific on what “fun” was it that the devs have recently removed or changed not to the players liking (proven by negative feedback). To name a few:
    1- legion legendary effects disabled (why not just restrict them to Legion content only, same with artifact weapon powers)
    2- getting kicked out of chrome time at 50
    3- the time it takes to go back to a covenant
    4- rank 4 essences removed
    5- adding option to disable xp gains as solution to Chromie Time kicking players out
    6- AoE cap for a pure dps class (hunter)
    7- Conduit Energy System (why not treat it like the standard class talent tree and let players swap at will?)
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-10-12 at 08:45 AM.

Is this the next "wow killer"?

As to what will happen, probably nothing, like the last 16 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

So what does your title have to do with the post itself? It's more about Genshin Impact's success than WoW "stepping into danger zone", whatever that means.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Those graphics are amazing.

I mean, they have to scrap the current WoW engine and do something at least on the level of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I know they are trying to upgrade the graphics in the current engine but it really doesn't cut it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Is this the next "wow killer"?
    Never heard of this game, so I Googled it, and now I'm probably on some sort of watch list. Very weird and creepy.

Not into playing anime-like MMO, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Never heard of this game, so I Googled it, and now I'm probably on some sort of watch list. Very weird and creepy.
    How is it weird and creepy? It just looks like a anime-style game.

and what mmo are getting released in 2021 that are so good ? I tried to look but the few there are, it's always same old, same old
    yeah I'll staying on wow a bit more time, with some vacation on genshin impact when they have new content not locked behind resin/energy time gate

I've said it before but I'll say it again, the only thing that will kill WoW is WoW.

I don’t get why such a cringe worthy game like genshin impact is able to do what it did in two weeks both in terms of monetary gain and popularity...

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I don’t get why such a cringe worthy game like genshin impact is able to do what it did in two weeks both in terms of monetary gain and popularity...
    I haven't played it and only see screenshots but how is it "cringe worthy"? Is it the dialog or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care how other MMO is doing anyway?
    If you enjoy WoW, just play it and if you don't, just quit.

it's an anime-botw, with massive funding, with an addicting game play loop and plenty of content to do at launch, and its the type of game anyone can play.

as far as money goes, well, it's a predatory gacha-game that launched in several countries, of course its going to bring in money.

its only cringe if you dont like anime. a lot of people like anime

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because it's a new game and the same thing happens with most new games that are popular on twitch. I'm not saying it's a bad game, but you have to remember that this game is only a few weeks/months old and WoW is going to have it's 16th YEAR anniversary next month. How many other subscription based MMORPG's have lasted as long as WoW? I've seen some try, but in the end they don't keep up.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Genshin will no kill the WoW. But I am sure Ion has in on his secret agenda! :P

7+ Year Old Account
    To weebish for me. I'll stick to the more western art style games.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Genshin will no kill the WoW. But I am sure Ion has in on his secret agenda! :P
    Lol Ion’s revenge for wow ruining his lawyer career eh. Slowly and sneakily kill the game...

A rush of people playing don't mean jack... just like Apex Legends. That game quickly hit obscurity despite it being so popular initially.

Hype trend, nothing more.

Plus Genshin Impact isn't an MMO...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-10-12 at 05:46 AM.

Because its a weeb game and they go for it like crazy.

With Genshin Impact making over $100 million in two weeks, recovering the full cost of developing and running the game and the rising popularity on twitch despite there not being much of a social feel to the game, what will happen to WoW when more mmo games are released in 2021?

I don’t get why such a cringe worthy game like genshin impact is able to do what it did in two weeks both in terms of monetary gain and popularity...it’s no wow killer, but the more it grows the more it overshadows wow and that’s only just one new game...

Can blizzard devs please listen to the players and not remove all that is fun from the game?

Can we please have our fun back, namely the stuff recently removed from the game and make some changes to the overly restrictive plethora of systems?
    How is genshin impact a cringe worthy game? What do you have any thing against Waifu collector gacha games?

Genshin impact also have cross platform with the mobile version.. so does this mean you are against all Gacha games like Azur lane, Arknights, Girls frontline & Fate?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz