Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Which one should i buy guys, sorry if it's a stupid question. But i am so torn between these 2 i can't decide.

Baldur's Gate 3 EA or CP2077.

Reasoning: BG 3 gives me Dragon Origin's vibes, CP2077 because it's CDPR.

ARGHHHHH.
    Get the one you think will have the most hours of gameplay, including multiple playthroughs/characters. Only you can answer whether or not you'll get more out of an FPS -RPG or a more traditional party-based RPG. Play that game to its fullest, then once you're done you may have the ability to pick up the other game.

CDPR announced Cyberpunk has "gone gold"

For anyone unfamiliar it's a term used to say the game is "finished" and the build is ready for quality assurance then production/shipping of physical copies etc.

So basically November 19th is the release date. FINALLY.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX

I will most definitely be playing this game. I hope it can live up to the hype. First person shooter?meh.. (Done some CoD games and odd shooters in my life) still I don't mind me some good sci-fi. So that is the appeal for me. It is mostly because of Witcher 3 tho. Mostly.

I don't think they are giving us online mode. I know they didn't with GTA5 and RDR2 but it felt like we didn't have to wait long. (Couple of months) I really have no idea if they have plans for this with Cyberpunk or if it will ever blow up as big as GTA5 did. Some games take forever for online gameplay. One of my fav games Stardew Valley did not come out with online gameplay for over a year after they mentioned it.

Let's hope it's a good little game.

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    CDPR announced Cyberpunk has "gone gold"

For anyone unfamiliar it's a term used to say the game is "finished" and the build is ready for quality assurance then production/shipping of physical copies etc.

So basically November 19th is the release date. FINALLY.
    Shout out for the hard work of those polish developers getting it done and getting crunched by the suits in what would have been a long year
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Shout out for the hard work of those polish developers getting it done and getting crunched by the suits in what would have been a long year
    Crunch ain't over. Going gold just means they've finished the version that will be officially submitted/printed on disks. You can bet your ass they're going to be crunching right up until launch (and likely a bit beyond) working on a launch day patch and pre-production on post-launch DLC/updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Get the one you think will have the most hours of gameplay, including multiple playthroughs/characters. Only you can answer whether or not you'll get more out of an FPS -RPG or a more traditional party-based RPG. Play that game to its fullest, then once you're done you may have the ability to pick up the other game.
    Then i am going with CP2077. I feel like that game has a recipe for multiple playthroughs.

I had no idea that the game had been in development for this long. In a way I'm almost glad that I'd only discovered it last year!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know...

I'll just go with CP2077, i feel i can't miss out on that for BG 3 which isn't finished until 1 - 2 years.
    If I was interested in them both, I would get them both. But while the company which made The Witcher 3 game is a great one, CP2077 has the wrong theme for my interest.

And I have heard it may be a year before the full version of BG3 will be released, I do not believe that. I played early access for their OSD2 and it was only like 3 months at the most before the full version was released. I can see maybe 5 - 6 months for BG3. Of course the virus could make it take longer.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Go with CP2077. I trust BG3 is gonna be great, but it'll probably be on sale several times before it fully releases I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Go with CP2077. I trust BG3 is gonna be great, but it'll probably be on sale several times before it fully releases I bet.
    I will, gonna buy it very soonish.

I could do that, but the downside of pirating is then you also have to wait for cracks or working CD-Keys and they always take ages to come out...

Due to this i am honestly against pirating but i understand what you are trying to say.
    GoG has no DRM, Cyberpunk will be up in the internet within 1 hour, no cracks needed. It is literally executable with game installer.

Note something though - BG3 is far from finished and they think it might take up to a year, so... Maybe Cyberpunk after all and let Larian work on the game. Year is a long time... So yeah, go with CP2077 now, then buy sometime next year the finished BG3.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    GoG has no DRM, Cyberpunk will be up in the internet within 1 hour, no cracks needed. It is literally executable with game installer.

Note something though - BG3 is far from finished and they think it might take up to a year, so... Maybe Cyberpunk after all and let Larian work on the game. Year is a long time... So yeah, go with CP2077 now, then buy sometime next year the finished BG3.
    Yeah it's already decided i am getting CP2077 and i am gonna buy it from GoG. I should have it pre-ordered later today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    I will most definitely be playing this game. I hope it can live up to the hype. First person shooter?meh.. (Done some CoD games and odd shooters in my life) still I don't mind me some good sci-fi. So that is the appeal for me. It is mostly because of Witcher 3 tho. Mostly.

I don't think they are giving us online mode. I know they didn't with GTA5 and RDR2 but it felt like we didn't have to wait long. (Couple of months) I really have no idea if they have plans for this with Cyberpunk or if it will ever blow up as big as GTA5 did. Some games take forever for online gameplay. One of my fav games Stardew Valley did not come out with online gameplay for over a year after they mentioned it.

Let's hope it's a good little game.
    They are not giving you immediate online mode.

They do have plans for an online game with it 2 years from now - and yes, that was the time frame they gave over the summer. 2 Years after launch. Not sure why that's the timeline they picked, they didn't explain, but they do have plans. Its also something they talked about in the first news wire (think it was) where they had the big reveal of the Netflix Animae Show they are doing - and specifically said it would help bridge the gap of time between single player and online release - as I'm sure to help keep/maintain the Cyberpunk presence in media and keep people engaged in the world until the online mode launches.

Whether it will be worth anything or if it ever actually goes live - who knows. But that was the last I heard of that timeline.

Re: Waiting for years on a game development -

After spending my late teens and early 20s watching the first waves of MMO Title Announcements - going through 5-7+ years of dev cycles only to see them get shut down in Beta (much less Alpha or never seen at all) - I gave up following any game announcements period, and my life was happier for it.

Until a game goes into beta, I don't look. I don't care to read about it. I don't care to know what they "plan" for. Because (much like political speeches), they are pointless hype discussions about nothing actually real or solid. What gets launched can be entirely different than the early development plans - and even in Beta games can be scrapped. This isn't a new cycle in games - its always taken years and years (esp. when a dev company is making their own engine) before things go from "We decided to do this!" to "Gold-Live!". But yea, I specifically don't bother with 'teaser trailers' for games or early announcement and dev interviews - because I know it will be years before it ever happens.

Save yourselves the headache and the 'grrr' from waiting (if you feel that way about it of course) years for games - and just wait until something hits beta or gets a launch date announcement. Everything is still there for you to read up on then and you keep yourself from getting overly invested/hyped/excited about something that could never live up to your imagination of it in the first place. I've found it much easier - and much less disappointment.

*Here's lookin at you Spellborn and WISH Mmos and all the games that were suppose to be* =D
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-10-08 at 06:54 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Just look at THIS teaser!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=P99qJGrPNLs

Damn, I don't like deus ex-like games, but I think it's gonna simply kick ass. And this teaser is simply perfect, quality that I've never seen before.
    So many years of waiting , Finally can't believe we just almost month away from release !!

I hope the waiting will be worth it !

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grr I’m still torn between getting it for the ps5 or my computer.
    My ps5 is payed for but It probably be years before they allow any player mods to the system.
    I need a new video card and psu if I want it for computer.

I could hold off playing this game for a few more months and wait for a couple patches/tweaks once its out in the wild and they fix up a few problems.

But I really want that cute thank you note they put in their games for buying them day 1. I hope cyberpunk is the same as witcher in that the day 1 editions are packed with little goodies for being loyal. Its a small thing but its quite a nice touch for developers to actually acknowledge their customer base in interesting ways outside of just a pre-order bonus and it certainly doesnt go unnoticed with me
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I could hold off playing this game for a few more months and wait for a couple patches/tweaks once its out in the wild and they fix up a few problems.

But I really want that cute thank you note they put in their games for buying them day 1. I hope cyberpunk is the same as witcher in that the day 1 editions are packed with little goodies for being loyal. Its a small thing but its quite a nice touch for developers to actually acknowledge their customer base in interesting ways outside of just a pre-order bonus and it certainly doesnt go unnoticed with me
    Being loyal to a company is kinda bad. Just saying. Unless they pay for loyalty.

I already have enough games to hold off buying this for a little while. I'll wait for them to polish and get rid of bugs before I bother playing it.

Only game im looking forward too. Just a month guys!