Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    With Genshin Impact making over $100 million in two weeks, recovering the full cost of developing and running the game and the rising popularity on twitch despite there not being much of a social feel to the game, what will happen to WoW when more mmo games are released in 2021?

I don’t get why such a cringe worthy game like genshin impact is able to do what it did in two weeks both in terms of monetary gain and popularity...it’s no wow killer, but the more it grows the more it overshadows wow and that’s only just one new game...

Can blizzard devs please listen to the players and not remove all that is fun from the game?

Can we please have our fun back, namely the stuff recently removed from the game and make some changes to the overly restrictive plethora of systems?
    Define whar your "fun" is exactly, it's not some objective thing.
    And given WoW's long lifespan the argument could be made that its makers are perhaps better aware of what most people consider "fun" than what any individual player thinks is so.

Also i recall a time when online shooters started going mainstream, eclipsing WoW's numbers, but despite its social aspect that didn't really change much either.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody call Kenny Loggins.

Nothing says fun like gambling for characters. I can't wait until they start releasing seasonal skins.

What does an Action RPG have to do with an MMO like WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    I've said it before but I'll say it again, the only thing that will kill WoW is WoW.
    And that is already happening with Blizzard pathetic decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Nothing says fun like gambling for characters. I can't wait until they start releasing seasonal skins.
    Considering some of these Gacha games are up in the billions of earnings, I’d say your statement is correct but without the /s ofc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Genshin Impact has no real endgame and minimal social features. It's really hard to say it competes with MMORPGs at all.

I would definitely anticipate more F2P AA and AAA games that feature gacha mechanics though, since Genshin Impact has just proven that it works outside of mobile games.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Is this the next "wow killer"?

As to what will happen, probably nothing, like the last 16 years.
    after 16 years of paying blizzard every month, after a region change and a new account from 0 and playing it day and night thoroughly, Genshin Impact simply made me unsub for the first time since i started playing wow in classic. It may not be a killer but it definitely killed wow for me.

I might be back for shadowlands but I am not sure for the first time in my life if I will commit to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who knows maybe legislation will eventually kill Gatcha games in the biggest markets, law is just so freaking slow to catch up..
    Gambling is severely limited in many countries & almost completely illegal in some, but Gacha is fine? Children playing Gacha doubly fine? hold my beer!

in terms of monetary gain
    Two Words: Gatcha Game.

if done right, a predatory Gatcha Game is basically a licence to print money as long as you can hook enough whales with deep pockets. They are specifically designed to prey on people with more money to burn than sense. They are basically the worst aspects of MicroTransactions + Pay To Win mentality carefully combined into a formula that usually never actually guarantees that you "win" even if you pay through the nose for the chance to try.

Heck, the horror stories I hear from the people on the forums for the one gatcha game I play as a time waster (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius) where they dump Hundreds or THOUSANDS of dollars into a pull event and get nothing for their trouble is more than enough to explain how a game like Genshin could rake in shitloads of money on launch.

With Genshin Impact making over $100 million in two weeks, recovering the full cost of developing and running the game and the rising popularity on twitch despite there not being much of a social feel to the game, what will happen to WoW when more mmo games are released in 2021?

I don’t get why such a cringe worthy game like genshin impact is able to do what it did in two weeks both in terms of monetary gain and popularity...it’s no wow killer, but the more it grows the more it overshadows wow and that’s only just one new game...

Can blizzard devs please listen to the players and not remove all that is fun from the game?

Can we please have our fun back, namely the stuff recently removed from the game and make some changes to the overly restrictive plethora of systems?
    I don't get what a gatcha game running on mobile has to do with wow and whatever those "removed fun things" are.

Mobile games always make a shitton of money. And in combination with weeb stuff even more so. Horny people pay good money to get more horny stuff. And this stuff is basically little girls in short skirts and tits. Sooo...

10+ Year Old Account
    1) its an anime game lol
    2) its an arpg
    3) its trash
    4) gacha trash

Before I begin, let me preface by stating that I love mobile gaming. It's fun, engaging, and I can do it on the go. I own a Nintendo Switch, but not all of the games I play on mobile are on the Switch and vice versa. I think mobile gaming has its spot in the gaming market.

With that being said, I don' think that a game that plays on consoles, PC, and mobile will do very well. The control scheme must match their counterparts to some extent and the interface on mobile must be simple enough for mobile gamers to get into it relatively easy. This doesn't translate to gamers on console and PC very effortlessly. Not so much on console, but PC gamers demand a more complex gaming system to get into it.

I wish I could say that this game would do well, but given the cross platform nature of it and the fact that it is a niche game with the anime theme, I don't see it doing well at all.

Gaming companies need to stop with the whole anime theme. Not everyone likes it.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

Even if the gameplay was incredible, I just can't get into the anime/weeb-ish style. Just not for me. Also, I have no idea what the title of your thread has to do with anything you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    after 16 years of paying blizzard every month, after a region change and a new account from 0 and playing it day and night thoroughly, Genshin Impact simply made me unsub for the first time since i started playing wow in classic. It may not be a killer but it definitely killed wow for me.

I might be back for shadowlands but I am not sure for the first time in my life if I will commit to it.
    Yeah same everyone! Listen here!! After op’s super in depth push for what surely is the next WOW KILLER, I’m hanging up my mantle of worst fucking wow player and getting ready for the 7.5 year wait for the wow killa that will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww yeah! DAYYYNGER ZOOOOOONEEEE!!

Edit: Dangit Nutri!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post

Edit: Dangit Nutri!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Yeah same everyone! Listen here!! After op’s super in depth push for what surely is the next WOW KILLER, I’m hanging up my mantle of worst fucking wow player and getting ready for the 7.5 year wait for the wow killa that will never happen.
    I love wow i want it to strive. I grew up with it. my love for it is there. I have nothing but wonderful memories with it. But it is what it is. GEnshin can never be a wow killer. the idea is absurd. BUt WoW is losing subs that is a fact and although reasons could be different, a f2p gatcha game winning me over 16 years? 17year of wow life should at least raise some eye brows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainlights View Post
    Gaming companies need to stop with the whole anime theme. Not everyone likes it.
    Thing is, its doing extremely well. So stopping with the anime theme doesn't appear to be in their best interest. I mean, racking in $60million in their first week on just the mobile aspect alone is a huge success. Its also the most successful launch for an original IP from a Chinese dev ever.

Now, is it a wow killer? Doubtful. Very different game styles and genres. Can it take some people away from wow? Absolutely. I don't even know if I will personally return to WoW.

I don’t get why such a cringe worthy game like genshin impact

Nothing cringe worth about a game breaking records and making millions. With how vague your second statement is, I get the feeling that this isn't a thread about WoW, but a thread for you to bash the new game.

WoW has always been changing. Things get removed, some get added. Not all of these changes were welcome. I know there was a time I enjoyed Elemental Shaman gameplay, but they changed it so now I no longer do. However, you really need to give some examples of what you think is restrictive and what you want added back. There is too much to be named to sit there and guess what it is you're wanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?