Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    The picture you posted fits you extremely well considering the earlier posts between me and the dude I called a kid
    your name is facefist...you dont get to criticize

OT:
    players need to speak up
    its called feedback and is direly needed especially now and blizzard tends to not pay attention unless the community is loud

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    your name is facefist...you dont get to criticize

OT:
    players need to speak up
    its called feedback and is direly needed especially now and blizzard tends to not pay attention unless the community is loud
    Your name contains numbers... you don't get to criticize.

Yes, players need to give feedback. Spamming dozens of complaint posts in forums aren't the best way to provide that, but I suppose it's still better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Blizzard doesn't need a player defense team protecting them from all of these players that are unhappy with the game. They are fully capable of ignoring players they don't want to listen do, as they have proven in the past. At least the whining players are passionate about the game and want to see it fixed, people whining about "complainers" are literally useless.
    It is a form of feedback though to bring up that you don't agree with someone complaining about X. If they want X removed from the game, then the one defending Blizzard is essentially giving a feedback that he wants X to stay in the game.

But I agree that whining about complainers is pretty useless, just like complaining in a way such as "this game sucks fix it Blizz" is useless.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-10-12 at 10:50 AM.

I liked the restriction. There was a sense of commitment. But Blizzard seems to listen to whiners... Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    This is the proof that we can help Blizzard understand what ideas are clearly bad, and thus help them to make the game better.

Without "whiners" today on reddit, wowhead, mmo-champion and twitter we would have end up with this dumb pointless mechanic of Covenant use restriction.
    I liked that idea since it lined up better with the lore as far as accessing the power of stuff from a different plane of existence. I'm sad that all the cancel culture mob mentality forces blizzard to turn the game into something the creators don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Your name contains numbers... you don't get to criticize.

Yes, players need to give feedback. Spamming dozens of complaint posts in forums aren't the best way to provide that, but I suppose it's still better than nothing.

It is a form of feedback though to bring up that you don't agree with someone complaining about X. If they want X removed from the game, then the one defending Blizzard is essentially giving a feedback that he wants X to stay in the game.

But I agree that whining about complainers is pretty useless, just like complaining in a way such as "this game sucks fix it Blizz" is useless.
    This is inaccurate.

If the player is saying "Hey, I think this is a bad idea and I want it to stay" then that's correct. If they are basically cheerleading for Blizzard and not even commenting on the topic itself, then it's bullshit. 90% of responses are just this. They don't care what the problem is, they just lump all complaining about things they don't happen to care about into the same generic category of "pointless whining", and feel this arbitrary need to protect Blizzard from all these nasty, mean, unhappy players.

We saw a ton of this with this issue. "[this doesn't impact me (yet) so I don't care], omg quit whining, it doesn't matter [to me]" etc. Ironically these same people would be whining if they decided to start doing old raid content ect. and suddenly found that half their tools were missing. They'd probably act like they always supported it and act flabbergasted when more idiots did the same thing to them.

PS: People complaining "omg blizz sux" are just as useless to be fair but I wasn't referring to them. I'm talking about the people who are commenting on a specific issue.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-10-13 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not every complaint deserves whining about.
    This is quite the issue nowadays. Alot of people just cry wolf at problems they do not even fully grasp themselves, but heard an opinion about from somewhere.
    Dangerous Half-Knowledge leads to people being tired of whining.

Cause...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not every complaint deserves whining about.

Let's face it: the fandom's definition of "whining" is "any complaint that's not mine."

15+ Year Old Account
    You should always provide meaningful (reasoned, useful) feedback.

You don't need to be hyperbolic, you don't need to throw a tantrum, and you don't need to act like the beta is a finished product when we all know it's not finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Let's face it: the fandom's definition of "whining" is "any complaint that's not mine."
    There's a ton of thoughtless, useless complaints made every day. It's just noise they have to sift through to get to actual feedback.

useful feedback: hey WDP is bugged for WW monks in that while it is off CD it cant be used even if FoF and RSK are on CD. This seems to be due to something not registering the CD reduction of those two abilities in WDP itself.

useless feedback: my rogue isnt doing enough damage we need buffed poisons

useful feedback: hey the aura that buffs a paladin when an ally dies seems to be the opposite of what auras actually do in that they are normally some buff the paladin supplies to the raid instead of a buff the raid supplies to the paladin. Could the buff be made so that when an ally dies it buff the rest of the group based on the paladin??

useless feedback: i got 1v1 by a mage today on my warrior BUFF PLZ

useful feedback: hey the talents in the 40 row for arcane mages is extremely unbalanced in that 1 is a more powerful version of 2 and in any other situation 3 would be chosen thus making 2 a dead talent. With how 1 interacts with the class can we get it baseline or replace 2 entirely since it has no niche?

useless feedback: my pyroblast doesnt kill stuff anymore and a youtuber said that you nerfed it.

useful feedback: so you have brought in a talent that is essentially DI from cata and while it is nice to have a utility buff it once again places your characters damage reliant on the performance of another player. This makes things in group play much more convoluted unless there are 2 mages. Can the buff either be removed or worked in a way that the buff it gives to the caster not be reliant on the other player. The best outcome for the use of this talent seems to be two mages buffing eachother but i doubt that was the original intent.

useless feedback: i saw on mmochamp that my class was the bottom of these sims and thus it needs a buff YOU ALWAYS DO THIS!!!!! will unsub if not fixed

Proof is in the pudding

3+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty bizarre. There are basically no situations where you fight real enemies outside of shadowlands anyway, so why the hell were they focused on it. And obviously, if there ever were a real challenge, it would be a complete mess balance wise.

This is inaccurate.

If the player is saying "Hey, I think this is a bad idea and I want it to stay" then that's correct. If they are basically cheerleading for Blizzard and not even commenting on the topic itself, then it's bullshit. 90% of responses are just this. [...]

PS: People complaining "omg blizz sux" are just as useless to be fair but I wasn't referring to them. I'm talking about the people who are commenting on a specific issue.
    Are you kidding? 90% of responses are meaningless "blizz sux" without any discernible reason for said dissatisfaction, so Blizzard couldn't act on it if they wanted to. Maybe 1% of feedback even has any useable information for Blizzard to begin with.

There's no 90% cheerleading anywhere but your head.

Everyone can have his opinion and everyone can complain about everything.

But please stop wasting everyone's time and think about your opinion/complaint for more than 10 seconds before starting a topic!

I've read so much stupid shit that just wastes everyone's time the last few days in between my class breaks i seriously think most of the topic starters have some form of condition or are just bored to an extent i have never seen before.

If Blizzard changed everything people moaned and complained about, we would not have a game to play lol

Quote Originally Posted by Diabarha View Post
    If Blizzard changed everything people moaned and complained about, we would not have a game to play lol
    Strange way to word it, but yes, players need to understand that many individuals, and many groups, hold opposing opinions on certain subjects. Let me use a specific example. Flying - Some players LOVE flying, and some players wish it was removed. How do Blizzard get that right?

And this dynamic exists in almost all if not all facets of the game, from specs, to classes, races, cosmetics, story.....the list literally includes every aspect of the game you could think of, there will be opposing opinions, from one extreme to the other, and everything in-between.

Im not saying its a no-win scenario for Blizzard. They have 2 options - 1) make the game how THEY want to make it, and ignore literally ALL feedback and just make a game - if people like it, it will succeed. If they dont, it wont. or secondly 2) Spend the time capturing as much feedback as they can, and try to find a solution that they believe will appeal to the largest majority of players. There is one similarity between both options - some players will hate their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are you kidding? 90% of responses are meaningless "blizz sux" without any discernible reason for said dissatisfaction, so Blizzard couldn't act on it if they wanted to. Maybe 1% of feedback even has any useable information for Blizzard to begin with.

There's no 90% cheerleading anywhere but your head.
    i.e., literally saying "This content is bad" is feedback. Saying "blizzard you suck and this game is awful" while not specifying literally anything is not. I don't see why this is hard to understand but honestly it doesn't really surprise me in your case; you obviously don't want to see it.

As for people cheerleading for Blizzard, if you can't see this it's the same deal. You just don't want to see it, lol. That's your problem, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's a ton of thoughtless, useless complaints made every day. It's just noise they have to sift through to get to actual feedback.
    I said the fandom, not the company. Two different standards there.

i.e., literally saying "This content is bad" is feedback. Saying "blizzard you suck and this game is awful" while not specifying literally anything is not.
    No, "this content is bad" is not feedback in and of itself; the only difference between it and the latter is that it leaves out the ad-hom and the sweeping generalization. Feedback would be "this content is bad, and here's why." Or "this content is mediocre, and here's how you could make it good." Or "this content is basically good, but here's how you could improve it."

The fandom, however, would still call all of that "whiny" if it wasn't in accordance with what they want.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2020-10-30 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    This is the proof that we can help Blizzard understand what ideas are clearly bad, and thus help them to make the game better.

Without "whiners" today on reddit, wowhead, mmo-champion and twitter we would have end up with this dumb pointless mechanic of Covenant use restriction.
    When the overwhelming feedback is against what they did it is justified, no one wants to play a game where they need to spend every ounce of their spare time doing it and the vast majority of changes that were bad for the game were changes and systems that did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Too bad the idea of Covenant talent-like swapping won't come alive.
    That would be horrible actually. This is allready how 900 things in the game already works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Them changing irrelevant things, such as this, is not them listening. They're trying to appease players by making them not fixate on larger issues that actually destroy the playability of the game from all aspects of the game, such as the whole Soulbind nonsense happening right now.
    Thats like the best thing that happened in years though. We havent had something like this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Thats like the best thing that happened in years though. We havent had something like this for years.
    You're joking right? We've had borrowed power for the last 2 expansions. This is no different than Azerite Essences or Artifact Weapons, this is only more convoluted than either of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.