Huh, apparently the consensus in the TD2 subreddit is that underwhelming, low quality updates are find because they're free?

Man, I hate interacting with people who never played any online games until the handful of live-service titles this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh, apparently the consensus in the TD2 subreddit is that underwhelming, low quality updates are find because they're free?

Man, I hate interacting with people who never played any online games until the handful of live-service titles this generation.
    Im amazed the reddit was able to make coherent statement instead of posting pics after pics... /s

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

In absolute terms, I'd rather have some updates than no updates. That's because I come from the ancient times where if a game had a bug, that was it. No fix. Ever.

But really the game should have had a lot of this stuff at launch, especially considering that The Division 2 is a sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to fight Conley again for the Shade Manhunt (I'm a bit behind). I finally kill her. She falls over, screams, plays her death animation, and then shouts, "YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?" as her body lights up with loot.

Cracked me up.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Had to fight Conley again for the Shade Manhunt (I'm a bit behind). I finally kill her. She falls over, screams, plays her death animation, and then shouts, "YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?" as her body lights up with loot.

Cracked me up.
    Sounds like she was taunting you for necrophilia. Please, resist the taunt. Its a trap.

Man....so inconsistent.

There's nothing like rolling along on a heroic mission, a new pistol DPS build going strong....when BAM! You miss a purple engineer who decides it's time to one-shot you while blind firing with their shotgun from behind cover.

I really wish armor wasn't complete inconsistent shit in this game. Or maybe NPC damage. It's like they only have a 5% crit chance, but crit damage of like 500%.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Kill Named Enemies 2/5 with a skill" after doing 5 bounties because of fucking civilians killing the guy before my stinger hive.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't get any fucking luck tonight. Get a black tusk bounty on a roof top, fucking Aerial Recon shows up while I'm already low on assault rifle ammo, with only a sniper as a secondary.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2020-10-11 at 05:22 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Ok, i played Summit enough to say its one of the worst experiences i've ever had.

Everything up to heroic is mindless, save for the occasional crappy deaths due to usual shit. Random directives is just icing on the cake. Checkpoint every 3 floors means you can waste hours in this without getting ANYTHING from it.

However, Legendary is so bad it's hilarious. Every floor tactic is "open the door and wait for people to dribble out so you can shoot them down one by one". Until you find a tank and its game over if you're solo. Otherwise play the drone turret and just stay outside until everything is dead. All levels are really easier in solo but not Legendary.

Floor 100. It's 2 zones, first one filled by discolored black tusk. Tactic is "since they cannot open the doors break the glass and spam seekers". And i mean literally, Hard Wired is wonderful there. Second half is the hunters. Which spam skill disable, so everyone dps, turtle at the entrance and again, wait for one to come out, foam and nuke. They literally oneshot you. If you go out, it's game over. If someone dies, its game over. If they come in two, you guessed, game over.

A so shitty design i cannot even comprehend. I find myself going from 91, with others, and it takes so much time i have to log out. So, i literally am wasting time on this for an exotic chest.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, i played Summit enough to say its one of the worst experiences i've ever had.

Everything up to heroic is mindless, save for the occasional crappy deaths due to usual shit. Random directives is just icing on the cake. Checkpoint every 3 floors means you can waste hours in this without getting ANYTHING from it.

However, Legendary is so bad it's hilarious. Every floor tactic is "open the door and wait for people to dribble out so you can shoot them down one by one". Until you find a tank and its game over if you're solo. Otherwise play the drone turret and just stay outside until everything is dead. All levels are really easier in solo but not Legendary.

Floor 100. It's 2 zones, first one filled by discolored black tusk. Tactic is "since they cannot open the doors break the glass and spam seekers". And i mean literally, Hard Wired is wonderful there. Second half is the hunters. Which spam skill disable, so everyone dps, turtle at the entrance and again, wait for one to come out, foam and nuke. They literally oneshot you. If you go out, it's game over. If someone dies, its game over. If they come in two, you guessed, game over.

A so shitty design i cannot even comprehend. I find myself going from 91, with others, and it takes so much time i have to log out. So, i literally am wasting time on this for an exotic chest.
    The entire design of high end "difficulty" in The Division has been shitfor a long time. It's all designed around groups. And groups that have to exploit AI to combat over-tuned enemies at that.

I really don't know how much life that game has left. I know this is overused, but these devs are creatively bankrupt. Literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Diamondback a good weapon for harder content?

I did a bounty at like story level difficulty on one of my characters that hasn't finished Warlords. I got the gun on my main, who doesn't use rifles. Basically two shot the boss with it. Which I know, low difficulty setting, but still . . .

Just wondering how well it'll hold up down the road.
    Putin khuliyo

I did a bounty at like story level difficulty on one of my characters that hasn't finished Warlords. I got the gun on my main, who doesn't use rifles. Basically two shot the boss with it. Which I know, low difficulty setting, but still . . .

Some people like it. Personally I think the mechanic is uses is too janky. If you enjoy sniper gameplay, you're almost certainly better served by using the Mantis exotic MMR, or a plain ol meta Classic M1A with a scope.

What was it you liked about the Diamondback? Just the raw damage? Or the crits?

It can work pretty well. I don't use it much, but I've got Headhunter build that I run with it. The talent on the gun is a pretty decent damage boost and like, you can absolutely use it for heroic content without a problem. I didn't find it to be as effective as my Mantis overall (perma-decoy is nice) and it didn't quite jive with me, but it's super workable.

Realistically there are probably better builds for sustained damage and whatnot, I imagine a much more CHD focused build with Braced for the added reload speed and accuracy would be pretty darned good.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The entire design of high end "difficulty" in The Division has been shit for a long time. It's all designed around groups. And groups that have to exploit AI to combat over-tuned enemies at that.

I really don't know how much life that game has left. I know this is overused, but these devs are creatively bankrupt. Literally.
    Problem is that it's not even designed around groups. Hell, if anything it seems easier to play solo/two on Legendary. Way less enemies and only a bunch of elites. The point is that it's completely and utterly meaningless. I don't feel i am overcoming a challenge at all. It's not hard, it's annoying as hell and frustrating to restart every single time.

I really want to do 100 so i unlock the project and then wait for the nerf to get the chest. Fortunately i have all the materials already.

- - - Updated - - -

Only downside of Diamondback is that you have to aim to a specific target which is not always the one you want. Also the 5 sec window can be too short sometimes. The long recharge is not an issue since you don't really need crit chance and you can invest on weapon handling (the chest talent is awesome) to reduce it to a very low time.

Anyway, while Diamondback is not a bad weapon, there are just more functional ones around. Also, if you're running full crit basically any weapon works, so it's all up to you if you like the playstyle.

. The point is that it's completely and utterly meaningless. I don't feel i am overcoming a challenge at all. It's not hard, it's annoying as hell and frustrating to restart every single time..
    Exactly! Yes! It's not like Dark Souls difficulty, where you eventually feel a sense of accomplishment, or even pride that you overcame a challenge. You get it done and just end up thinking "Why the fuck did I just do that?".

And the only way Massive seems to be able to get players to go through that nonsense is by exclusive rewards. It's not sustainable.

- - - Updated - - -

On a completely different random note:

For some reason now I can do the Classified missions. I never bought the year pass to get it. I'm currently on the second one, and I'm not gonna question it. Bug or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is that it's not even designed around groups. Hell, if anything it seems easier to play solo/two on Legendary. Way less enemies and only a bunch of elites. The point is that it's completely and utterly meaningless. I don't feel i am overcoming a challenge at all. It's not hard, it's annoying as hell and frustrating to restart every single time.
    A while ago Massive commented on the difficulty of the game and the obnoxious AI (player words, not Massive words).
    Their reply came down to something I'd best illustrate with a picture:

It came down to: The AI is not impossible, the enemies are not overtuned, they are not bullet sponges, all their actions can be predicted and anticipated, there is a way to defeat them but the players are just doing it all wrong.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And that's also why they don't really adjust things in the way players desire it; they demand the players to play the game the way they want it to be played.

Sadly thats doing them more harm then good. Massive is really pushing to find the boundaries of what is fun, they just cant have anything in the game that goes without a certain level of frustration. It feels like they believe the feeling of joy and accomplishment you get once you manage to complete something is higher when you're at the brink of punching a hole in your monitor.

You see people moving away from the game en mass when things get beyond reasonable and return once they actually do manage to make things more accessible. And such is the cycle of Division since 2016 till date.

I got me a new 1TB SDD during the weekend and reinstalled Div2, but you lot here keep me from booting it up again xD TU12 maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    It came down to: The AI is not impossible, the enemies are not overtuned, they are not bullet sponges, all their actions can be predicted and anticipated, there is a way to defeat them but the players are just doing it all wrong.
    What do they want us to do? Spend 30 minutes on a single room encounter?

The point isn't that the AI can't be defeated. We beat them all the time. It's that it's not FUN to do it. It's often tedious, obnoxious, and not worth the effort.

I'd be real curious to know which dev said what you mentioned earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to dig deep to find that post tbh, I think it was on Reddit. You just have to take my word on it that they made the reply.

It also addressed the tedious and obnoxious part of the general AI annoyances. Like "you're getting rushed down because you're not aggressive enough, you're getting sniped because you sit at the same spot for too long, you're getting flanked because you're not pushing the AI away from you, you are mostly in control of AI behaviour if you approach it correctly". Such things.

From what i see, Summit solo is perfectly doable. 91-99 is basically a tank/pistol build with either deflector/full shield. Pick targets one by one, aided by drone, and dribble them down. Which makes sense, memento is really strong for this kind of game play and i like the build, so i'm gonna try again, because, why not. Also pet peeve in clearing that before the rework.

For floor 100, it's an Eclipse foam/fire thrower build. You wait for one to come out, foam and burn it. The named AR with perfect talent against burning opponents help. And just because since they spam skill disable, you don't want to rely on skills whatsoever. Basically, again, block them long enough they die while incapacitated or you're done.

It's doable. but it's annoying and frustrating as hell. Apparently though people are super happy about this crap so that's why nothing changes. Hell, people is asking for legendary missions. Why would you want that lol.

From what i see, Summit solo is perfectly doable. 91-99 is basically a tank/pistol build with either deflector/full shield. Pick targets one by one, aided by drone, and dribble them down. Which makes sense, memento is really strong for this kind of game play and i like the build, so i'm gonna try again, because, why not. Also pet peeve in clearing that before the rework.

For floor 100, it's an Eclipse foam/fire thrower build. You wait for one to come out, foam and burn it. The named AR with perfect talent against burning opponents help. And just because since they spam skill disable, you don't want to rely on skills whatsoever. Basically, again, block them long enough they die while incapacitated or you're done.

It's doable. but it's annoying and frustrating as hell. Apparently though people are super happy about this crap so that's why nothing changes. Hell, people is asking for legendary missions. Why would you want that lol.
    Different strokes.
    Sunk cost fallacy.
    Addiction.

pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I'd have to dig deep to find that post tbh, I think it was on Reddit. You just have to take my word on it that they made the reply.

It also addressed the tedious and obnoxious part of the general AI annoyances. Like "you're getting rushed down because you're not aggressive enough, you're getting sniped because you sit at the same spot for too long, you're getting flanked because you're not pushing the AI away from you, you are mostly in control of AI behaviour if you approach it correctly". Such things.
    Which is nonsense, because I'm one of the most aggressive players I've ever seen. I'm constantly moving and pushing the enemy.

NPCs flank even when it makes no sense for them to do so. They rush because they know they have 10x the hitpoints of the player, and can afford to take the damage while they close.

And snipers...holy crap. These days they'll shoot the little finger off you if it's sticking out of cover, especially Elite warhound snipers. Those things are the devil.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently though people are super happy about this crap so that's why nothing changes. Hell, people is asking for legendary missions. Why would you want that lol.
    Because you can form groups of 4 people all with turret/drone, or 3 turret/drone builds and a Foam/Fire build. You have wipe protection via multiple players. You have enemy fire completely unfocused as they shoot at 6-8 deployables instead of players, all while being CC'd. It's basically EZ mode, so no wonder people want more legendary missions.