Thread: Genshin Impact

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Disagree fully. I've seen games fit the bill perfectly. This game doesn't. It has no p2w mechanics and nothing cant be beat 100% with what you get for free in game. Even if its rates are lower than some other gacha, its still doable regardless.
    It depends on your definition of P2W, GI is mainly a single player game and I'm sure you can clear everything for free, eventually. They've given out Noelle, Barbara, and Xiangling and will give out Fischl next month. And you're guaranteed to get 4* and 5* characters with enough time.

Additionally, with the way damage formulas work in this game, most of your power comes from weapon/artifact stats and simply triggering elemental reactions. That means you can build one carry unit with good gear and use the other units just for their elements. And unless it's a timed challenge, you can kill anything if your execution is good, since you can perfect dodge.

That all being said, this is a gacha game. You will hit a wall where free primogems start to dry up and your progress will slow down if you aren't using resin refreshes. They frontload a lot of free stuff, but when you get deeper in, everything requires more and more resources and premium currency dwindles.

Now, after you get to that point you can just play casually and progress at your own pace, do dailes, login for events, etc. And for a lot of people that'll be fine. Casual maintenance mode until the next content drop, save gems for banners you like.

On the flip side, I'm sure there will eventually be ranking events, and probably even PVP. Nearly every gacha does them, and they're almost always P2W, with whales always getting the best rewards.

Disagree fully. I've seen games fit the bill perfectly. This game doesn't. It has no p2w mechanics and nothing cant be beat 100% with what you get for free in game. Even if its rates are lower than some other gacha, its still doable regardless.

As for any more in depth about the term itself, well, that's a discussion for another thread. As it pertains to this game, its far beyond anything that is p2w or even pay for convience.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-to-win/page52

This thread is a PERFECT example of what im talkng about. 52 pages of discussion of what pay to win means.

People having different definitions of it is just a fact, that you can deny all you want, but it doesn't change reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-to-win/page52

This thread is a PERFECT example of what im talkng about. 52 pages of discussion of what pay to win means.

People having different definitions of it is just a fact, that you can deny all you want, but it doesn't change reality.
    There's those who know what pay2win means and those who like to make up definitions to fit their narrative.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There's those who know what pay2win means and those who like to make up definitions to fit their narrative.
    Well the guy I replied to has one definition, the people in that thread have 200 more.

Who gets to decide?

This isn't exactly a "whatever the dictionary says, lol" thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people said the honeymoon wears off at like 30, but im 35 and its all i want to play right now

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Most people said the honeymoon wears off at like 30, but im 35 and its all i want to play right now
    I"m 33 and I want to play too, too bad I don't have anymore money, or xp items for characters or weapons, or items for skill up...
    half my resin is wasted in moras leylines to be able to use the few xp and elevation items I get.
    1/2h a day and I'm mostly done with what I can do to really progress a bit.

yeah, honeymoon is done for how

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The bolded part is actually pretty inaccurate. Many of the characters you get through the gacha pull system are head and shoulders above the "free" characters in terms of power and overall usefulness. Fischl is a much stronger character than Amber for example and Venti is even more powerful than that. Jean is a healer and DPS in one, as well as being an Anemo character, which makes her a super effective character to have period. Noelle is super useful, but Beidou is a much better damage dealer, and Diluc is even better than that...

Saying it's possible to do some of the content with just the free characters is true, however saying it's "just as easy" is flat out untrue because of the sheer difference in power between some of the characters. In order to clear some of the content with the "Free" characters, they need to be pretty OP compared to the content in terms of level and gear whereas some of the characters you pull from the gacha could be just as, if not more, powerful with only a fraction of the effort and time invested.
    the "sheer difference" is hardly noticeable.

Noelle is probably the hardest hitting unit in the game build correctly.
    Lisa has one of the best bursts in the game
    Barbara is defacto the strongest healer
    Xingling is de facto the best fire support
    Fishl is free next month, probably the strongest character/electro support there is currently ingame.

all of these characters are 4 star.
    You can probably C6 them out in due time from free goodies too.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that you don't want to use the gacha system, but you can get a team that literally steamrolls through *everything* with f2p units even if you do not use the gacha system.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-12 at 05:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    I"m 33 and I want to play too, too bad I don't have anymore money, or xp items for characters or weapons, or items for skill up...
    half my resin is wasted in moras leylines to be able to use the few xp and elevation items I get.

You should be farming free mats for ascensions, chests for rank and achievments/handbooks for gems for when the new banner comes out

the free mats I have plenty, it's the one that need 20 resin per run I need now, and XP mats too.
    and I have already not enougt money for what I need so I'm not chasing others stuff to buy, I already got most books from the library, the few I need I'll get here & there.
    and most achievement are not shown on the tool, you check them, you see what you have left to do, then you do something and tadaaa, a secret achievement that was not on the list before ?

Can I get confirmation on if the character banner is guaranteed to give 4* character or higher, or is weapon included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Can I get confirmation on if the character banner is guaranteed to give 4* character or higher, or is weapon included as well.
    Character banner includes 4* weapons, but 5* are always characters.

progress really slows down at around 35, specially after getting most chests as the one that do respawn have slow respawn timers. to upgrade need 60k mora for one upgrade, so need to waste resin on doin mora leylines, need the upgrade materials from bosses and domains, everything cost resin.

they shoud at least increase the resin cap with AR levels
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-10-12 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    progress really slows down at around 35, specially after getting most chests as the one that do respawn have slow respawn timers. to upgrade need 60k mora for one upgrade, so need to waste resin on doin mora leylines, need the upgrade materials from bosses and domains, everything cost resin.

they shoud at least increase the resin cap with AR levels
    Think at that point just doing anything gives those sigils which you can trade in for mora after you buy everything else in the shop.

Neat little easter egg. Using Barabas E ability close to other npcs makes them clap for her.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-10-12 at 07:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Think at that point just doing anything gives those sigils which you can trade in for mora after you buy everything else in the shop.

Neat little easter egg. Using Barabas E ability close to other npcs makes them clap for her.
    Attacking with any mage character does that.

Mora is really a problem later on if you never do leylines, but you can just "sacrifice" a day or two doing leylines and you have enough to upgrade stuff.

Word Level 5 is like... 50k-ish per leyline? (If I remember correctly, WL 4 is 44k)
    That's ~450k a day easily. And before World level 5, you won't have any Mora problems.

While I'd welcome more resin, people are exaggerating because they want to be "above the curve" or some shit in this - mostly - single player game.
    In my opinion, farming for the correct artifacts will be a much bigger problem later.
    Farming for weapon/character materials and mora is a joke and hardly a problem, in fact, I'm used to *much* worse.
    It's so easy to get ascension materials for your first 8 characters or so, which is all you'll ever need, everything else is basically extra.

Considering that f2p-players won't recieve a new character every week, it's not a problem.

And those who do, pay - so they can also pay for Resin :P
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-12 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Attacking with any mage character does that.

Mora is really a problem later on if you never do leylines, but you can just "sacrifice" a day or two doing leylines and you have enough to upgrade stuff.

Word Level 5 is like... 50k-ish per leyline? (If I remember correctly, WL 4 is 44k)
    That's ~450k a day easily. And before World level 5, you won't have any Mora problems.

While I'd welcome more resin, people are exaggerating because they want to be "above the curve" or some shit in this - mostly - single player game.
    In my opinion, farming for the correct artifacts will be a much bigger problem later.
    Farming for weapon/character materials and mora is a joke and hardly a problem, in fact, I'm used to *much* worse.
    It's so easy to get ascension materials for your first 8 characters or so, which is all you'll ever need, everything else is basically extra.

Considering that f2p-players won't recieve a new character every week, it's not a problem.

And those who do, pay - so they can also pay for Resin :P
    yes i do agree to some extent the problem is exaggerated, people nowdays in gaming in general expectp to be able to grind everything in 1-2 weeks time min maxing everything, the game just came out a few weeks ago and people are already in endgame doing their finishing upgrades, gacha games like this with no seasonal resets are supposed to take long time to upgrade, you are supposed to play many months, even years as f2p player to get a fully maxxed out account

Resin recharge rate does seem low, but given how little time the domains take I can see why they felt the need to gate it. While it's true that content is going to dry up >30, they've committed to a 6 week patch cycle with an event every patch. Honkai has more story + a major event and a minor event each 6 week patch, so hopefully they manage to do something similar for Genshin.

They probably won't be able to put out content fast enough to keep it as a "main game" for everyone, but it should hopefully be a nice side game.

Dont EVER use your resin on mora laylines omg. Use them for elites or materials (not even artefact dungeons are worth it before ar 40+)
    You cant get mora by farming everything (chests and the open world) to get Geo/Anemo seals that can be exchanged 2 = 1400 moras

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone find a way to farm up artifacts yet? Trying to figure out how I can farm trash ones to use for exp for the good ones
    Bash mobs (they even drop some 4* at 35+) and open chests. The elite bosses (fire/ice tree ect) drop several too but it's not really "farmable".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I think it depends on the mentality.

People that rush though the game to get to min-max endgame bosses are gonna have a bad time as compared to those that like... Play the game.

I finally got the characters i wanted - thoguh 3 out of 4 were surprises XD I finally got Fischl, but Noelle was an unexpected good healer, discovered how fun Xiangling was via the trial level and stumbled upon Chongyung and found its abilites really complemented my playstyle. So i have my dream party rocking.

Currently Xiangling, Fischl and Noelle at lvl 30, Chongyung still at 20 since i don't have the ascension stuff. Still, managed to do the ice wolf this morning without too many troubles. Currently AR 23, going for the main quest and then leaving world quests for when i have to farm. Though i do multiple stuff like exploring/Ley lines/domains in the middle.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    the "sheer difference" is hardly noticeable.
    There are many that disagree. I can't speak to it personally, because I don't have any 5-star characters because my luck has been pretty bad and I haven't bought any additional gems. But, apparently the difference is very noticeable. No one ever said you couldn't do it with the free characters, just that the power levels of the 5-star characters is quite noticeable in comparison.

Noelle is probably the hardest hitting unit in the game build correctly.
    Lisa has one of the best bursts in the game
    Barbara is defacto the strongest healer
    Xingling is de facto the best fire support
    Fishl is free next month, probably the strongest character/electro support there is currently ingame.

all of these characters are 4 star.
    You can probably C6 them out in due time from free goodies too.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that you don't want to use the gacha system, but you can get a team that literally steamrolls through *everything* with f2p units even if you do not use the gacha system.
    First, many of the reviews from people who have the 5-star characters disagree on your assessments as to who the best characters are, but much of that is based on personal playstyle, but one thing many of them agree on is that Diluc is pretty much just OP as just a general DPS and as a fire character. Second, I think you might need to re-read what I posted. Nowhere did I state that the free characters were weak, or that it was impossible or that difficult to use them to clear some of the higher level content. What I said was that doing it with the free 4-star team is not "just as easy" as doing it with a 5-star team.