Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    That depends. For competitive gaming, 60+ fps actually helps, just single player 60 is fine.
    Human eye can't see more then 30fps (remember the whine when Peter Jackson decided to make the Hobbit in 30fps?) From my experience i would say that runing the game higher then 30fps the game won't lag.

On-Topic:

Windows XP was the best SO ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I'm not confused in the least bit here. I'm asking this guy for a simple source for what he was referring to and he refused to provide it. I think you are confused on what's going on.
    Do you ask for sources when people tell you water is wet?

Game streaming suuuuuuucks, because of latency, and even minimal latency felt in online non-streaming games isn't acceptable to me in some single player games.

Real 5g won't scale well outside of dense population centers. Dense population centers already have amazing Internet...5g however will be the next huge marketing hype, and how cell phone carriers will finally get us to upgrade.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-12 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Do you ask for sources when people tell you water is wet?
    That isn't even comparable. If someone were to say "Fast cars are better it's scientifically proven" I would ask for the source because I assume he means something more complicated than just simply speed itself, because no shit faster cars have more speed than slower cars.

The guy said it was scientifically proven to be better, I assume he meant better for your personal performance, I asked him for a source to get some insight, he cried like a baby, I explained why I wanted the source and how 'better' can be taken many different ways so I wanted to see what he meant, he cried again with no source provided.

Do you have anymore questions sweetheart?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Agile development is become a complete con.

P
    Out of curiosity, what development methodology do you find works best? I've worked in both Agile (Kanban and Scrum) and Waterfall, and I would take a well built Agile team over a Waterfall one 10 times of 10.

Agile has only sucked for me when people start going gung ho with how it's implemented and refuse to modify what isn't working, thus defeating the entire purpose of working Agile to begin with.

Iphones are really not as fragile as people make them out to be.
    Yeah sure it gets a few bumps and scratches if you drop it, but they don't really shatter as much as people like to claim they do.

That isn't even comparable. If someone were to say "Fast cars are better it's scientifically proven" I would ask for the source because I assume he means something more complicated than just simply speed itself, because no shit faster cars have more speed than slower cars.

The guy said it was scientifically proven to be better, I assume he meant better for your personal performance, I asked him for a source to get some insight, he cried like a baby, I explained why I wanted the source and how 'better' can be taken many different ways so I wanted to see what he meant, he cried again with no source provided.

Do you have anymore questions sweetheart?
    And which part of that did I not address? Have you learned that higher FPS reduces input lag yet? Because that by extension improves personal performance, I'm sorry if you need to be spoon-fed citations for staggeringly complicated concepts like "lower reaction times are good" or "water is wet".

Do you have anymore questions, sweetheart?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Social media is both the best and worse thing we ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Human eye can't see more then 30fps (remember the whine when Peter Jackson decided to make the Hobbit in 30fps?) From my experience i would say that runing the game higher then 30fps the game won't lag.

On-Topic:

Windows XP was the best SO ever released.
    The human eye can definitely perceive more than 30fps, and up to 300 reduces the minimum input lag which further boosts competive gaming performance.

I used Chrome up until yesterday when I finally had enough of the "update failed" for the past 8 months. I just couldn't figure out why the update wouldn't work despite looking up the specific error and all that jazz so I said fuck it. The last straw was when I was in an FF14 raid yesterday and chrome notification of "Update Failed" minimized my FF14 window and caused me to die during an important mechanic. Imported all my chrome data onto firefox and moved on.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like ssd's. they are far too expensive compared to hdd's.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

And which part of that did I not address? Have you learned that higher FPS reduces input lag yet? Because that by extension improves personal performance, I'm sorry if you need to be spoon-fed citations for staggeringly complicated concepts like "lower reaction times are good" or "water is wet".

Do you have anymore questions, sweetheart?
    Yes, a source for what you were referring to. Basically what you're saying is that your whole point was that higher fps makes you have higher fps... Which like you said, is a no fucking shit point. So you saying "THIS IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN GUYS" is a dumb fucking statement, period.

"HEY GUYS IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT WATER IS WET"

Yeah forgive me if I assumed that your statement had a little more depth that what it actually did. I thought you might have gotten a hold of a study the directly linked higher fps to higher performance not a study of higher fps making you have higher frames hurrrrr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Iphones are really not as fragile as people make them out to be.
    Yeah sure it gets a few bumps and scratches if you drop it, but they don't really shatter as much as people like to claim they do.
    I never got the "x breaks if you drop it" anyways like.. maybe don't drop it? Are people just clumsy or what?

Yes, a source for what you were referring to. Basically what you're saying is that your whole point was that higher fps makes you have higher fps... Which like you said, is a no fucking shit point. So you saying "THIS IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN GUYS" is a dumb fucking statement, period.

Yeah forgive me if I assumed that your statement had a little more depth that what it actually did. I thought you might have gotten a hold of a study the directly linked higher fps to higher performance not a study of higher fps making you have higher frames hurrrrr.
    While I would hesitate to call it "scientific proof", it's at least an attempt to measure and quantify how FPS can affect game performance:

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    While I would hesitate to call it "scientific proof", it's at least an attempt to measure and quantify how FPS can affect game performance:

I know you just jumped into this, but I never said this was wrong or even that I disagreed with it, I obviously agree with it. Dude here just said it was scientifically proven so I was looking to see if he had some sort of study I would have been interested in reading.

But it turns out he just said that as a buzzword because why not lol.

modern tech is evil and rapidly destroying the spirit of humanity

Lol I'm not finding you a source for what is both common knowledge and easy to google.

I'm sorry you seem so offended by the idea that others might be able to inform you on subjects you know amusingly little about.

Lol I'm not finding you a source for what is both common knowledge and easy to google.

I'm sorry you seem so offended by the idea that others might be able to inform you on subjects you know amusingly little about.
    Hey guys this just in, it's scientifically proven more fps gives you more fps. I have no more depth to my statement outside of this, I just wanted to let you know. I'm so smart LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting "gamer" on your products makes me want to choke you out

Hey guys this just in, it's scientifically proven more fps gives you more fps. I have no more depth to my statement outside of this, I just wanted to let you know. I'm so smart LOL
    Are you being intentionally dense or did you literally ignore the part where I explained that higher fps reduces input lag?

Do you need more information on how that improves performance?

P.s. here's my citation for water being wet
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water