Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What happen to the character that is now leveling but did not yet reached level 100 for example? Will be put automatically into BfA or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    What happen to the character that is now leveling but did not yet reached level 100 for example? Will be put automatically into BfA or what?
    My 106 Rogue (the only low-level I copied over,) was out where I left him, in the Legion zones, everything in the quest log still there as far as I could tell. It is over 100, which you did ask about, but it’s the only example I’ve got.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    My 106 Rogue (the only low-level I copied over,) was out where I left him, in the Legion zones, everything in the quest log still there as far as I could tell. It is over 100, which you did ask about, but it’s the only example I’ve got.
    Your character will be were it is now. If it is currently in BFA it can continue or you can go to Chromie and go to one of the other expansions (you can do part of one and come back to chromie and change again as much as you like). When you change you will be put at the start of the expansion you choose. That was with a character that hadn't quested much on live. It's possible the game will remember your progress in previous expansions and place you accordingly.

I wish there was a separate option for leveling in end-game Cata zones. I was hoping to level my new Shaman by doing the Hyjal to Twilight Highlands zones one after the other, but apparently I have to do more than half the leveling before I can even go there, which means I'm gonna hit max level before I finish the Cata storyline.

is there any stats on the heirlooms? any armor? or do they only get the set bonuses?

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    is there any stats on the heirlooms? any armor? or do they only get the set bonuses?
    Same as before. The ones listed in the article are the generic named ones in the set bonus. The Shadowcraft/Dreadmist et c ones are the same as before.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Characters that have learned Artisan Riding will continue to have 280% Flying Speed.
    Eat my butt, Blizzard.

Male Human are dreadful and I have no idea how they've passed the quality control (if they have any)

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    this level squish is such a stupid idea.
    what's wrong with lv 130? i've played many other MMOs where levels go well above 1k.
    good job inconveniencing the whole playerbase just to remove a digit in an already meaningless and useless number.

if it's so meaningless, then a change in the number is also meaningless and should not inconvenience anyone

quick question to those in the beta and ptr. If you choose legion on Chromie time do you get AP and the artifacts talent tree like it was in Legion or is that fully removeD?

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Eat my butt, Blizzard.
    That is indeed such a stupid decision, way to make players waste more gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackwiss View Post
    quick question to those in the beta and ptr. If you choose legion on Chromie time do you get AP and the artifacts talent tree like it was in Legion or is that fully removeD?
    I only checked on a higher level character but the artifact was ilvl 20 and had the text about its loss of power. Did have slots for relics which would increase its ilvl.

Lower level character would start normally with the quest to check your allied forces before going to Broken Shore (can be skipped if you've done it already on another character). After getting to Dalaran an NPC will spawn with the breadcrumb quest to start picking an artifact to pursue. So looks like the standard Legion quest chain.

Pity I don't have a character with artifact but not far into Legion to character copy and check the details to actually answer this better but on live I think my more recent characters did not get the talent tree for the artifact so it may have been locked due to the story conclusion even though my characters hadn't reached that point.

Found a deleted character on PTR and checked it. Artifact talent tree is greyed out like the high level and has a note that its a legacy item and effects are inactive so doesn't look like you will get the talent tree when levelling through Legion. (This character hasn't finished the order hall campaign)
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2020-10-13 at 09:31 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    Heirloom stats are still there, around the same level as blue gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    That is indeed such a stupid decision, way to make players waste more gold.
    What exactly has you two upset? I'm not seeing anything about flying that is forcing players to upgrade to master flying that wasn't already in the game, unless I'm misremembering Master flying has been around since Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    if it's so meaningless, then a change in the number is also meaningless and should not inconvenience anyone
    Lets see, in his example, you level to 130, dev time wasted: 0 seconds, bugs/problems 0
    in your example, you level to 50, or 60: dev time wasted, 1000s of hours, bugs/problems currently knows, 100s

The game still didn't recover from the previous stat squishes, doing old content never made it back to the spot it was at before, gearing works like shit, so I understand they need to clean it up. But after this they should be very careful about messing with this.

Also, for new players I think it makes more sense to simply add "Level faster and play with your friends!" on the box than it is to make everyone level 50.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Okay so what will happen to my 110 and 120 boosts I have un-used?
    Use them or lose them, they already said so.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Use them or lose them, they already said so.
    Where exactly did they say that? That should be a message on your character-selection screen if anything.

Turns out you were wrong, they adjust accordingly according to this blue-post.
    Last edited by Baneto; 2020-10-13 at 12:23 PM.

I hate this fucking squish bullshit! This is nothing but hidden nerfs. For example, look at the levels needed for riding and flying. Everything shifts to the back.
    I'm curious if after the Squish my ICC Farm characters will be able to defeat the old raid.
    The amount of gold was also nerfed.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    What exactly has you two upset? I'm not seeing anything about flying that is forcing players to upgrade to master flying that wasn't already in the game, unless I'm misremembering Master flying has been around since Mists.
    I'm upset because the tier of flying all but one of my characters has no longer will exist to be purchased, but I'll still be stuck there without shelling out effectively double the gold as a new player/character. If I didn't have... 18 going on 19 characters at level cap (pre-patch) I might not care so much, but that's a decent chunk of change. The decent thing would have been to just boost all the 280%ers up to 310% since we already shelled out the gold anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    I'm upset because the tier of flying all but one of my characters has no longer will exist to be purchased, but I'll still be stuck there without shelling out effectively double the gold as a new player/character. If I didn't have... 18 going on 19 characters at level cap (pre-patch) I might not care so much, but that's a decent chunk of change. The decent thing would have been to just boost all the 280%ers up to 310% since we already shelled out the gold anyway.
    so much this. I guess its their crappy sneaky way of draining gold out of economy from existing players or something, but it still sucks and honestly? fuck them, i am NOT paying what amounts to 50k gold just to upgrade my existing characters. not everyone whose been playing for a while has millions of gold to just throw around.

edited to add, so far out of the alts that I've played, most feel weaker then they used to. by a LOT. the only one that felt roughly the same as pre patch was my affliction lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    what?
    ANY change is inconvenient. you build "muscle memory" to everything on how it is, and memorize all current numbers, so changing it makes you need to do it all over again.