Arent the new leveling speed actually almost the same though? :)

Blizzard announced that the new leveling experience is faster and the numbers they used is 60% faster leveling speed.

Yes this is actually true in a way.

I am very slow leveler. I distract myself deciding to start skill up my fishing and other professions and I fly back and forth to cities to learn new recipes etc so leveling from level 1 to 120 in BFA with the Winds of Wisdom buff I spent a bit over 2 days (48 hours).

On the PTR I spent around 24 hours to level 50 in only classic zones.

So its its around half. However, 50 is the old cap. And if you add the 12-15 hours (I have been told this is the casual time on SL Beta) on top of those 24. You get into the 35 to 40 hours range from 1 to 60.

So, I guess you can make the case that the new levelspeed is as fast as announced really? Thought its a bit faster. I do see that.

What you think? You think it should be even faster? Like all expansions should be at WoD spead which is around 12 hours casual leveling time according to numbers I have seen on Wowhead.

1-50 after patch is 1-120 now.

You can't take 50-60 into consideration because those are the new levels.

It's a lot faster after the patch.

What happens if you're leveled up halfway before the level squish? Will level 100, for example, have to start at the beginning of the campaign even though they are a bit leveled already?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    What happens if you're leveled up halfway before the level squish? Will level 100, for example, have to start at the beginning of the campaign even though they are a bit leveled already?
    Level 100 will be squished to new level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Level 100 will be squished to new level 40.
    Yeah, but how will you level in campaign? Do you have to start from the beginning?

Yeah, but how will you level in campaign? Do you have to start from the beginning?
    Just checked on my 110 DH that has done some Legion zones. My Valsharah progress showed as 3/7, so I went to Chromie, selected Legion, & got a quest to go to the Broken Isles. It dropped me in the Broken Isles with exactly the same quest progress as I had before, so I can pick up where I left off.

I'm guessing it's the same for lower level content as well, but I don't really have anything to test it on.

you can find out by moving ur character to the test realm i think. If I had to guess you will save your progress. If it doesn't happen, don't assume that is indicative of what will happen but it is possible. I would say make a ticket about it but it comes out tmrw so idk.

you're going to be exactly in the same place that you were before. If you're somewhere in the middle of Draenor, then you're still going to be somewhere in the middle of Draenor after the squish. You can then activate Timewalking campaign and keep leveling in Draenor to level 50, or go wherever else you want and haven't done yet.

They are not going to throw you in the middle of a campaign because your level is a bit higher...