Thread: College problem

College problem

Hi. I have little social skills
    Last edited by Jameslold; 2020-10-12 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you so rich as a student? Students should be poor.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Starting to look like spam this one. First ask if your overweight, then boast about a 250k stock portfolio. Not sure what the angle is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameslold View Post
    But I'm a nice person. How can I portray this more to others?
    Start by picking up the damn clothes off your floor.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Why are you so rich as a student? Students should be poor.
    Cambridge and Oxford still draw largely from the children of the uppclass's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Cambridge and Oxford still draw largely from the children of the uppclass's.
    So why does he have the money instead of his parents.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're suffering from emotional problems. Contact a doctor or therapist.

Also, stay away from the Gun Thread.

Reading the posts in Gen-OT, you see there's a lot of untreated depression, anxiety, and anger issues. For some reason, having a Gun Megathread is a thing.
    Government Affiliated Snark

7+ Year Old Account
    So you want social skills for going to college parties or what? You would need to tell us about your goals, your major, hobbies, interests, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    he just edited that... he had other text there before that mentioned his money... he also had a picture there...
    Yeah apparently he said he has 250k so he should just save it and put it towards his first house once he figures out where he will be living after college. It won't help with social skills but there's nothing better to spend it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    So why does he have the money instead of his parents.
    they like giving these kids expensive gifts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    If you're suffering from emotional problems. Contact a doctor or therapist.

Also, stay away from the Gun Thread.

Reading the posts in Gen-OT, you see there's a lot of untreated depression, anxiety, and anger issues. For some reason, having a Gun Megathread is a thing.
    luckily he's in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yeah apparently he said he has 250k so he should just save it and put it towards his first house once he figures out where he will be living after college. It won't help with social skills but there's nothing better to spend it on.
    It's not a small amount of money, so why not start a business?

If you feel the sudden urge to drive around for hours, vlog on YouTube about blonde Stacys and you own or thinking about obtaining a firearm please seek out your nearest psychiatric crisis center for a quick chat.

I promise to you, they can help.

Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If you feel the sudden urge to drive around for hours, vlog on YouTube about blonde Stacys and you own or thinking about obtaining a firearm please seek out your nearest psychiatric crisis center for a quick chat.
    When I was younger I used to drive around for hours at night, mostly aimlessly across my general region and sometimes ranging pretty far. I wasn't aware this was indicative of any kind of issue that might require a psychiatrist. Mostly I did it because I had severe Insomnia and could not sleep, but found driving and listening to music to be calming.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    When I was younger I used to drive around for hours at night, mostly aimlessly across my general region and sometimes ranging pretty far. I wasn't aware this was indicative of any kind of issue that might require a psychiatrist. Mostly I did it because I had severe Insomnia and could not sleep, but found driving and listening to music to be calming.
    2014. Isla Vista.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    2014. Isla Vista.
    Ah, well I have very little in common with Elliot Rodger - so I guess driving around aimlessly at night isn't really a symptom of anything, per se.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Ah, well I have very little in common with Elliot Rodger - so I guess driving around aimlessly at night isn't really a symptom of anything, per se.
    You are still missing the point.

That Isla Vista dude was constantly ranting about his wealth and his frustration with his social ineptitude. Furthermore there was a poster right around the time when that happened who constantly started threads here about blond girls, his wealth and how he was a perfect gentleman, a poster who vanished right around the time what incident happened.

That Isla Vista dude was constantly ranting about his wealth and his frustration with his social ineptitude. Furthermore there was a poster right around the time when that happened who constantly started threads here about blond girls, his wealth and how he was a perfect gentleman, a poster who vanished right around the time what incident happened.
    Oh yeah, loveblondes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

I wasn't really sure what "the point" was in the first place, so, guilty as charged I suppose?

I was just talking about the isolated behavior of driving around aimlessly, more or less. I don't really have any of the other aforementioned traits or symptoms.