Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Open world as a mandatory every day chore at max level should die already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Raiding and people's general acceptance of the top-end's influence running the show for them has made this game worse, not better. ie: This game should have never been tailored for any sort of competitive play. Their play style took over and interfered with an otherwise engaging experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    BfA isnt a terrible expansion.

Oh here's one that's sure to be CRAZY unpopular!!!

Race-Class restrictions are incredibly important, and Blizzard should make them stricter, and force race-changes on any combos that get cut.

Night Elf and Orc Mages, Tauren Paladins and Priests, Blood Elf and small-race Warriors, Death Knights only for Light-worshipping Races (since they are inherently anti-Paladins) -- those kinds of restrictions are important to building a world of immersion. And "making whatever you what" is NOT immersion, simply customization.

The one exception would be Demon Hunters; I actually wouldn't be *totally* opposed to adding one race to each faction. I almost feel like an Eredar Demon Hunter would be kind of cool (red-skinned Draenei, in essence). Not sure on the Horde counterpart.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    DH is the easiest and most boring class to play.

Most of the highest DPS specs are the easiest rotations.

MDPS is generally easier to play than RDPS.

Blizz keeps cutting corners. For example, M+ was made not to be great, but to save costs on not having to create as many dungeons in the future.

It's fine that people make groups that exclude other people by setting the requirements to any level they see fit, as there's always alternatives (with one of them being making your own group).

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW was never meant to be played anyway than gear treadmill.

Raiding is criminally unfun and I absolutely despise the fact that the game revolves around it

From a lore/aesthetic standpoint, technological advancement should have stopped at TBC. There's just way too much advanced tech now (e.g. lasers, machine guns, robots, etc) that feeds into more sci-fi themes, and I really don't enjoy it. It makes the universe feel super lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA wasn't the worst expansion ever? It was pretty much a middling-to-average expansion. There have been worse. There have been better.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The game would be in a better spot and quite different in a positive way if Blizzard would have abolished all means to log damage and create dps meters/logs and theorycrafting starting with tbc or even back in classic 15 years ago.

I.e. randomize the rppm of certain procs and items very slightly each week (just talking about 1-2%) same for damage values, as example a variation of 95-105 damage from ability A with a gaussian distribution that shifts every week very slightly, basically do all the things you can to make it near impossible for theorycrafters to create tools.
    Meanwhile balance classes etc. with the real values intern as good as possible (obviously).

Well that are just examples how it could have worked, my opinion is just that the hyper awareness of meta and balance wasn't a good thing for WoW and likely also influenced the whole evolution of the game.

I wonder how WoW and the community around it would be today if that was the case... we will sadly never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be fewer portals.

Reagents should come back.

BfA was fun.

Alts are a privilege not a right, and the game should not be easier your second time through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I hate filler abilities.

They bring nothing to your rotation other than marginal damage and/or fishing for procs.
    They turn every rotation into 50+ actions per minute (apm) which is just exhausting.
    They largely contributed to the death of resource management as every class is now designed with a set amount of apm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    A this point there shouldn't be any race/class restrictions and people should be free to play whatever combo they want.
    I am 100% on board with this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I didn't mind Cataclysm.

WoW should allow actual money transaction for in-game purchases and allow us to profit from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    I hate filler abilities.

They bring nothing to your rotation other than marginal damage and/or fishing for procs.
    They turn every rotation into 50+ actions per minute (apm) which is just exhausting.
    They largely contributed to the death of resource management as every class is now designed with a set amount of apm.
    I really don't get this mentality, but to each their own. If I'm not using something every global, especially as melee, I get bored out of my mind.

The Benthic gear sets are the most original sets in BfA and some of them look damn cool.

Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor need another revamp!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Borrowed Powers could work just fine if the base classes were more complete before we got them each expansion. Though Ion basically said he understands the issue with borrowed power and they are going to try to move away from it next expansion or at least make it not a primary focus of progression.
    Kinda funny to imagine what would have happened if the kept the WotLK class systems/trend. With Shadowlands we would now have 8 expansions worth of new talent rows and "cool new abilities" on top of the base rotations and the new classes; and Blizzard would have to balance all of it.