Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    N'Zoth was hyped, look how that turned out.

Lei Shen was not hyped, look how that turned out.

Hype doesn't equal there actually being any substance behind it.
    And I'm intrigued, I prefer new lore, especially after the big villains we tackled during BfA.

I miss Jaina already

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

If you're not hyped to see what happens with Sylvanas then you may aswell stop playing the game altogether

Pandaria and the Thunder King kinda proved that Blizzard is able to create brand new stories that I find enjoyable, so I am excited for Shadowlands.

I'm more worried about actual gameplay and their respective systems than I am of the fact that it'll be, for the most part, new lore.

Some people sure are, i'm tired of wow Lore at this point, I see no reason to care anymore when the ones in charge of the lore seens to not give a shit either.

New Lore should be exciting or intriguing at least, but the way they're doing it most of the time is adding things that "destroy" past lore, they rarely add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevryn View Post
    If you're not hyped to see what happens with Sylvanas then you may aswell stop playing the game altogether
    Sorry if I didn't understand but, are you inplying that the only reason to play WoW now is to see what happens to Sylvanas?
    Last edited by adcesamo; 2020-10-12 at 11:14 PM.

considering 90% of the lore we know so far is riddled with retcons and rehashs, im more in the negative hype zone. ittl fuck the lore up as much as bfa did
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Dorothy Jones Heydt gave the “Eight Deadly Words” that says a story is no good: “I don’t care what happens to these people.”
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    a dragon isles expansion makes no sense,maybe as one zone
    To be fair, the assumed size or even existence of any particular landmass is no barrier when it comes to potential WoW content.

I mean, you can word literally anything negatively and make it sound bad, it doesn’t mean it is.

I will say it’s probably the only expansion they’ve announced that I don’t really care about.

It literally just looks like more of the same. The lore does sound interesting, beyond that, nothing else really does.

They desperately need to mix things up somehow with 10.0.

im only playing cuz of the lore. Main reason.

Given that the theme of SL is "We're jealous of Metzen, our stuff is X but even X-ier! Tough shit for any massive retcons this makes!", can't say I'm terribly hyped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Not hyped at all. The little covenant videos were boring, and uninspired. I couldn't care less about any of the new characters, the covenants, or the shadowlands in general. I'm excited for the new content though.

The only things I'm excited for are the things linked to stuff we already know. Maldraxxus is stupid because it's Scourge in appearance only, and the opposite of Scourge in every other conceivable way. At this point, the real way to subvert expectations in this day and age would be to make the scary thing bad and the pretty shiny happy thing good. It's always "angels bad" these days.

Revendreth looks interesting, and with the Nathrezim background lore, that's interesting to me.

My main draw is Kael'thas, Uther, and potentially Arthas. I don't care about nature thing #61. Kyrian I don't care about because they're the embodiment of Blizzard themselves, bringing back a recognizable name while purging the subject of everything it once was. Maldraxxus seems dumb and its Afterlives video did nothing to change my mind. Revendreth is the only one I'm actually intrigued by, all due to Denathrius, who we're gonna overthrow in the new "Join-The-Underdog-To-Topple-Huge-Empire #713" raid. If Kael'thas doesn't become the new leader of Revendreth by the end, then I won't care about Revendreth either.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-10-13 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I hope it will feel like MoP that it is brand new, so have been trying not to spoil myself too much. So not really hyped but cautiously optimistic.
    You shouldn't give in to expectations and certainly not optimism. I don't want to ruin your good time, but I guarantee you this expansion will be just another BFA / WoD. A delay was necessary, and a positive thing in the short term but it invariably reveals poor leadership and an increasingly corporate-overlords environment at Blizzard. World of Warcraft's days, as we knew them in 2000's and 2010's are rapidly coming to an end. The "mobile" market is what Activision is after now and WoW is not the profit giant it used to be. (Funny how whatever Activision touches turns from gold into lead... they should just stay hands-off.)

I refunded my pre-order when the delay was announced because it was writing on the wall for a non-beta invitee like myself. I watched the streamers and their Youtube videos, I also read the forums and saw the feedback they were giving Blizzard. This expansion is NOT going to even equate to Legion, let alone something as fun as Mists of Pandaria or Wrath of the Lich King. It just won't.

Blizzard leadership is too dug-in to the quarterly earnings mindset now and the contrived and soulless nature of their gameplay is the most telling symptom. There will always be a group of genital licking defenders who will oppose this statement but WoW's bleak future is directly the fault of J. Allan Brack and Ion Hazzikostas. They're nothing more than meat puppets now serving the greediest publishing company CEO on the planet, Bobby Kotick, the devil's blow-up doll.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-13 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    To be fair, the assumed size or even existence of any particular landmass is no barrier when it comes to potential WoW content.
    sure,but what i mean is an expansion with dragons as the center makes no sense,there is nothing there

I can't to see how things develop, even early in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    A delay was necessary, and a positive thing in the short term but it invariably reveals poor leadership and an increasingly corporate-overlords environment at Blizzard. World of Warcraft's days, as we knew them in 2000's and 2010's are rapidly coming to an end.
    Did TBC's delay, that happened in the 2000's, also "reveals poor leadership and an increasingly corporate-overlords environment at Blizzard"? Genuine question.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    No new Ideas at all

What about scourge... But good!

Emerald Dream 2.0

Generic Gotic Vampires with Generic noble tyrant

Even the Jailer is Kinda boring. «Oh no he wants to kill everyone, including azeroth!»

Also arent there an infinite number of realms? Why don’t they all just unite to destroy the jailer

Also super lame the scourge is suddenly the good guys
    I respect your opinion, but I can't relate to this at all.

I am so sick of the terrestrial "war of people" themes, and am so excited for the cosmic war of the planes! I'm so excited for "WoW Planescape!"

I’m looking forward to getting a more detailed explanation to what actually was controlling force of the Lich King and how much control Arthas actually had.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    No new Ideas at all

What about scourge... But good!

Emerald Dream 2.0

Generic Gotic Vampires with Generic noble tyrant

Even the Jailer is Kinda boring. «Oh no he wants to kill everyone, including azeroth!»

Also arent there an infinite number of realms? Why don’t they all just unite to destroy the jailer

Also super lame the scourge is suddenly the good guys
    Ok so. Liking/not liking wow lore is a subejctive thing.

But saying no new ideas or that scourge is good guys. Its just wrong.

There is SO much new and exciting lore in the Shadowlands that you have to just not know it to say those things.

Scourge isnt, and has never been good.

There is a LOT of stuff going on with the Nathrezim and Denathrius thats just overall very intruiging if lore is something you actually care about. I get banned for sneezing here so i'm not going to stick my neck out and advertise for someone but you could probably youtube denathrius and nathrezim and find a lot about it.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society