Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    GUIs have made people lazy when it comes to computer use. Nobody learns the how or why of things anymore, they just click around to make things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    50? Maybe in 10
    You really think we're going to have full dive SaO style VR in 10 years?

I have some bad news for you my man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    I'm guessing accessibility through price and quality?

You know what other innovations that wasn't instant hits owned by everybody?

Almost every single one of them.

I still can't afford my own jet suit, they have existed for a while now, so that must mean nobody likes the idea of flying, right?
    VR isn't really any more expensive than a console these days. If it was this big thing just waiting to take off because of price, it would of by now.

As for quality, not being very knowledgeable about the current tech state of VR, i'm not exactly sure what you mean there. But how much longer is it going to take for it to be "the next big thing" that so many people claim it's going to be.

I have been and will be completely passing on the RTX trend going on. I dont care. I am still rocking a 1080p screen and can play all my games at highest settings with card that cost me 160 bucks so calm down and stop wasting money.

I love small phones. I am using a 5.2 inch Nexus 5X. I will not get a new phone unless this one breaks and even then I will get a small older one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Sure, i dont think hes challenging that. I think hes saying he doesnt care and someone having that info doesnt concern him.
    Just typing doxxing stories in google should make any sane person concerned. It takes just one individual with malicious intent to make your life much harder.

And the kicker is that it's all possible because you've been vain. There is literally no good that can come from posting personal info and photos on the internet. Nobody is going to be like "Damn, that instagram post with half heated frozen pizza for $4,99 a pack is impressive! Come work in my law practice!". But there is a lot of potential bad that can come from making that public.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    A single photo or a post from your home with a geotag and your address is public. You post a photo of your dog and the dogtag has your phone? It's now public. You tell everyone about your new awesome desk from Greg's Amazing Furniture? It's a matter of a single phone call to get your address.
    That's probably already happened. Not that I even have any home photos I've put online, but I really don't care. It's not a big deal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    4k monitors for gaming are pointless.

1440p 27" 144hz would be the optimal spot, then you can use DSR/ render scaling to upscale it as required/ as your hardware performs.

Anything below 4k is torture, even on small 24 inch monitors.
    1440p is not even good enough for 15.4 inch laptops.

Only reason why 1440p exists, it's because some people do like big ass text and screens and Windows cannot do UI scaling for shit.
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-10-13 at 02:19 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Human eye can't see more then 30fps (remember the whine when Peter Jackson decided to make the Hobbit in 30fps?) From my experience i would say that runing the game higher then 30fps the game won't lag.

On-Topic:

Windows XP was the best SO ever released.
    What's the point of trolling like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    What's the point of trolling like that?
    I don't troll at all. The fact is that the human eye can not see anything above 30fps.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    For most things, more features don't make things better.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

You dont need an 8k gaming pc to play WoW

About technology, I'd say the wire stuff are underappreciated these days and Hyperx Headsets are really good for gaming and general stuff.

Bout' games, we need more Inca-Aztec-Maya-Olmec-Cherokee videogames
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't troll at all. The fact is that the human eye can not see anything above 30fps.
    Some of us must be cyborgs then because I can definitely see/notice framerates above 30. Going from 60 to 144 was an insane difference.

About technology, I'd say the wire stuff are underappreciated these days and Hyperx Headsets are really good for gaming and general stuff.

Bout' games, we need more Inca-Aztec-Maya-Olmec-Cherokee videogames
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Just typing doxxing stories in google should make any sane person concerned. It takes just one individual with malicious intent to make your life much harder.
    Sure. Which is not a concern, to him

It would be to me, and you, but apparently not to him.

And the kicker is that it's all possible because you've been vain. There is literally no good that can come from posting personal info and photos on the internet. Nobody is going to be like "Damn, that instagram post with half heated frozen pizza for $4,99 a pack is impressive! Come work in my law practice!". But there is a lot of potential bad that can come from making that public.
    Sure, but he apparently doesn't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Despite the links in this thread proving you wrong.

You're a special kind of .... well it starts with S.

Human eye can literally pick out a nine-digit number in 3 frames out of 100,000+.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2020-10-13 at 10:19 PM.

The eyes don't see in "FPS" if there is a number attributed to when we see, the brain processes visual information around 500fps.

The reason why The Hobbit looks awkward is because it was shot in 60fps and all cgi effects were rendered at that speed, the avg speed for film since 35mm has been ~24fps. Generally a motion blur is used for the space between frames or the brain fills in the info naturally. With the Hobbit that didn't happen, each frame was filled, which created that awkward motion effect people don't like. The so called soap opera effect. Many early 60fps+ lcds had this issue as well. One of the defining factors of a quality panel with quality image processing was how it handled the issue with upscaling 25ish fps to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    At least FF doesn't regularly threaten to disable adblocker support browser-wide though.
    Adding a Pi-Hole to my home network was the best, most impactful upgrade I've done in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You still have to pay more for a phone.
    You had to buy the phone anyway, so... not sure this really matters.

It's different for me because I don't intend on using the smart phone, so everything else is meaningless.
    So you dont intend on living in the 21st century? 'Cause thats basically what you're saying. There's a ton of stuff you literally cant even do without a smart phone. Tried to get a job lately? GL with that without a phone. Even grocery stores require you to go to their mobile site to apply. And even if you dont intend to "use the smartphone" you an grab a (brand new) Moto E and just... not use it as a cell phone. Theyre about 129$. Brand new. And have more than enough horsepower to act as a music player (and an mSD slot for storage). WIthout a lot of effort you could also use a full-screen widget player to have it basically behave like a dedicated media player.

When I pay for a dedicated music player it's because I want just music. The Nano had other junk, but it was kept at a minimum, non intrusive. I use headphones with hardware controls also, I know of their existence.

Yeah I don't want to stream music either, hence, my post.
    I mean, i dont disagree, i prefer/ed to use a dedicated player myself, and i dont stream either, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation. Also, iPod touch is still supported.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The eyes don't see in "FPS" if there is a number attributed to when we see, the brain processes visual information around 500fps.

The reason why The Hobbit looks awkward is because it was shot in 60fps and all cgi effects were rendered at that speed, the avg speed for film since 35mm has been ~24fps. Generally a motion blur is used for the space between frames or the brain fills in the info naturally. With the Hobbit that didn't happen, each frame was filled, which created that awkward motion effect people don't like. The so called soap opera effect. Many early 60fps+ lcds had this issue as well. One of the defining factors of a quality panel with quality image processing was how it handled the issue with upscaling 25ish fps to 60.
    It was 48fps. Not 60.

And there is specifically an issue with that framerate in film (because its projecting from film) that causes issues with the human eye because it over-writes the "motion blur" your brain automatically does.

If it had been a digital screen (not projection) it wouldn't have mattered at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    now everyone expects you to get back to them right away.
    The only people who expect me to get back to them right away are people who DON'T know me.