Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Sky Children of Light?
    was released on IOS/Android, with in app purchases that lead to ease of access and made everything easier for the player to adventure/play the game,
    this is in definition a P2W game.

just because the ingame shop wasnt used by you, doesnt mean it didnt exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    thisi s false, you can spam the event as much as you want with no resin cost whatsoever, you just can't obtain any rewards at the end from doing so.
    yay, spam an event just for the sake of the 13 character exp per mob, SUCH AN ENGAGING THING
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

i'm a totally F2P account and the new event at my AR (31) gives me 33-35 xp tomes for the 40 resin it costs, if i do the ley line blossom i only get on average 10-12 per ley line, meaning for the same resin cost i get ~10 less xp tomes from the same resin cost so for me at least until i have enough tomes saved up (because i don't have enough mora to level up any more characters atm) i'm sticking to the elemental crucible for my xp tomes and will just run around the world looking for crafting mats as i go.

It's slighly better than 2 leylines, but it costs as much as 2 leylines.

Leylines @ WR4
    6-7 + 2-3 -> x2
    Event @ WR4
    11-12 + 7-8

The difference is roughly 2-3 purple tomes
    Which isn't too bad but crafting mats are even more important.

I would have farmed it all day if it would add Leyline values of mora on top of that though.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-13 at 06:18 AM.

Anyone know where the cat's tail bar is? See a poster on top of a roof talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

yay, spam an event just for the sake of the 13 character exp per mob, SUCH AN ENGAGING THING
    Most of the good rewards come from the alchemy book rather than spending the resin. Plus there is additional BP exp you can earn doing the event as well. Mostly you just need to do it 20 times to complete the alchemy book and get the BP exp then there isn't really any reason to do it after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    no im saying name a Game that is SUB free, that isnt P2W in the MMO Genre

- - - Updated - - -

agree POE isnt P2W as you cant buy things and sell it to others for something in return.
    is that sarcasm?so poe is p2w because PLAYERS can buy and sell stuff among themselves?well woopdy fucking do,than there isnt a single online game that is NOT p2w lol,even cod is p2w now

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Gameplay shouldn't be based on "who spends the most money".
    I can agree that that shouldn't be the case in any game. Thankfully, this one isn't like that or I wouldn't even bother. I don't care how big the hype is. If I have to pay to play it, no way.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone know where the cat's tail bar is? See a poster on top of a roof talking about it.
    It's right next to the cooking station in Mondstadt. When you look at the girl selling the food-stuffs, it's the house to your left.
    You can't enter it but you can hear tavern-ambient noises coming out of it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-13 at 07:05 AM.

This may be an over sight on their part. I can't actually leave co-op if Im the one labeled as player 1. Really sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This may be an over sight on their part. I can't actually leave co-op if Im the one labeled as player 1. Really sucks.
    If you're the host it seems you have to manually kick the other people to exit co-op mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    probably because you are the host so you cant just leave as you have to kick the other players from your session

thisi s false, you can spam the event as much as you want with no resin cost whatsoever, you just can't obtain any rewards at the end from doing so.
    The rewards from the alchemist book are the true reward, the regular rewards for resine are NOT a viable idea. But who cares, you can complete it (and the Battle pass bonus) easily in one go with 0 resin cost. I sit a 10/20 on aday, didnt grind the whole thing yet because it doesnt matter, you have a week

So, i think i'm gonna swap main dps. Chongyung is actually fun to play and since i have his next-to-bis weapon already, i'm gonna use it to do dmg and Xiangling as support - in the end the skills are already complementing and both are just "fire and swap" for the most part. Since Fischl and Noelle were already planned to be support and healer, i have everything in place already

Not a fan of Diluc aswell. but he's really broken, i expect a nerf (which is also apparently coming for Fischl :sadface: )
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Woah, this looks like a great game.

It being a gacha does leave a sour taste on the 1st impression, but otherwise it looks pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So, i think i'm gonna swap main dps. Chongyung is actually fun to play and since i have his next-to-bis weapon already, i'm gonna use it to do dmg and Xiangling as support - in the end the skills are already complementing and both are just "fire and swap" for the most part. Since Fischl and Noelle were already planned to be support and healer, i have everything in place already

Not a fan of Diluc aswell. but he's really broken, i expect a nerf (which is also apparently coming for Fischl :sadface: )
    Nah,

they won't nerf anyone.
    Fischl's change has to do with wording, because it was unclear.

If you want to combine fire+ice, you want a big fire hitter, or an even bigger ice-hitter.
    For the Ice->Fire 2x damage modifier (+ Elemental mastery, which adds roughly another 30% in the ~150 Mastery area)
    Fire->Ice is only a 1,5x damage modifier.

I just saw a Diluc hitting for ~115000 damage (or was it 215000?) on the web, lel, obviously, the setup was ridicilous (Mona, Sucrose + Melt Reaction) but still.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-13 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Nah,

they won't nerf anyone.
    Fischl's change has to do with wording, because it was unclear.

If you want to combine fire+ice, you want a big fire hitter, or an even bigger ice-hitter.
    For the Ice->Fire 2x damage modifier (+ Elemental mastery, which adds roughly another 30% in the ~150 Mastery area)
    Fire->Ice is only a 1,5x damage modifier.

I just saw a Diluc hitting for ~115000 damage (or was it 215000?) on the web, lel, obviously, the setup was ridicilous (Mona, Sucrose + Melt Reaction) but still.
    Rofl. Anyway right, just checked and the talents have bigger modifiers for fire skills - anyway, just messing around, in the end i need a 4 piece Gladiator set anyway independently from which one i decide to be my main dps.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who enjoys using Ningguang?

So far my team is Ningguang, Xiangling, Qiqi, and Fischl. Good cover of elementals, and Ninguang's crystalize makes damage reduction nearly passive for me.

Man...I really tried to like this game. I just can't get past the overall style of it. The controls are a bit jank. Tried both mouse + KB and controller(Xbox One since Switch Pro isn't supported for some god-forsaken reason).

Combat just feels too....floaty. I know that's a meme description, right up there with "clunky". But that's what it feels like. No impact. No substance.

The 8-bazillion currencies and crafting mats immediately feels overwhelming. And this may be just my intuition giving a false positive...but I can already feel the grind setting in, even after only a few hours of play. Maybe that's just the OCD of trying to pick up everything. I had the same problem in Skyrim and Fallout 4.

As someone who's a really focused on combat and game mechanics, when does this game really start to kick in? I was already sick of the vapid story after only a couple hours of play. I get that there's some tactics and strategy when switching between characters to activate abilities. And I appreciate that part. But at least at the beginning stages of the game, it seems pointless. I'm guessing at bosses and higher-levels it's super important, though. I just wonder at what point I'll need to actually be serious about it.

Gatcha doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would. I think it's because of there actually being a bit of a skill aspect to the game, with the dodging and aimed attacks and such. Non 5-star uber super legendary mega unique characters might be powerful, but at least I can outplay the shortcomings of non-ultimate ranked characters.

I'm totally open to encouragement or advice in regards to Genshin Impact. It could be that it's not be my cup of tea. But I'm just not sure at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Who enjoys using Ningguang?

So far my team is Ningguang, Xiangling, Qiqi, and Fischl. Good cover of elementals, and Ninguang's crystalize makes damage reduction nearly passive for me.
    Did you test if Jade screen works on that dragon boss that you can only do once a week? (no i dont have her)

I kinda wait for Diona to come out, so i can get a better Cyro character (if i get lucky at all). Chongyun is meh. Most mobs just end up out of frost zone if you try to use a 2h spin attack.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna test this today, looks like one of those games I can really get into on the side. Artstyle looks downright incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Did you test if Jade screen works on that dragon boss that you can only do once a week? (no i dont have her)

I kinda wait for Diona to come out, so i can get a better Cyro character (if i get lucky at all). Chongyun is meh. Most mobs just end up out of frost zone if you try to use a 2h spin attack.
    I haven't tried it yet, no. I just fell in love with her after finding a timed geo unlock that was down to a single second for each pillar. Man that was tough but she made it easy.