10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    It was said in the post where they announced the delay that the Scourge Invasion will be "closer to Shadowlands' release" in comparison to the Oct 13th prepatch

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318484/...of-shadowlands
    Thank you kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I think a lot of people are needlessly hyping themselves up for "BfA finally ending" as if a huge amount of new content is just about to drop. It's not.

Outside of Exile's Reach, this week's patch won't bring any new content - we're still going to be playing BfA (or other old expansions if leveling alts), just with a level squish, new customization options and Corruption being replaced by a handful of new abilities.

Don't get me wrong, that's still cool and it should give people a couple hours or days of fun, but once people realize that it's most likely it for the next few weeks... well, let's just say that I think might not be too happy.
    Just the fact that I xan level Dark Iron and Mechagnone means there will be more to do in game than it gas had in months.

I really hope they end up delaying till December or 2021.

Don't have the time to play WoW in end of November since I got the Ps5 and Demon Souls coming out... Also I would have to book some additional days which I wouldn't have any issue with but I would like to keep some days for next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

I think a lot of people are needlessly hyping themselves up for "BfA finally ending" as if a huge amount of new content is just about to drop. It's not.

Outside of Exile's Reach, this week's patch won't bring any new content - we're still going to be playing BfA (or other old expansions if leveling alts), just with a level squish, new customization options and Corruption being replaced by a handful of new abilities.

Don't get me wrong, that's still cool and it should give people a couple hours or days of fun, but once people realize that it's most likely it for the next few weeks... well, let's just say that I think might not be too happy.
    It's stiill a tangible difference from what we have now.
    The levelling is revamped, Exile's reach should give at least a day or two of fun, and the class changes and removal of Corruption means it is the perfect time to experiment with different classes to see which alts you want for SL or even if you want to change Main.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account

All the matters is Maelstrom as an energy bar disappearing

For me pre-patch means logging into retail for the first time in over a year to finally unlock some allied races (without the awful reputation grinds) and bring alts stuck at 110 to max level. It definitely means for me the abysmal BfA is finally ending and one of the worst chapters of WoW's lifetime is finally closed.

So yes, totally looking forward to pre-patch, even with "minimal" amounts of content. And the later Shadowlands comes, the more time I have to enjoyably level my alts.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    For me pre-patch means logging into retail for the first time in over a year to finally unlock some allied races (without the awful reputation grinds) and bring alts stuck at 110 to max level. It definitely means for me the abysmal BfA is finally ending and one of the worst chapters of WoW's lifetime is finally closed.

So yes, totally looking forward to pre-patch, even with "minimal" amounts of content. And the later Shadowlands comes, the more time I have to enjoyably level my alts.
    the only allied race ive leveled so far has been kul tiran

im gonna love prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    the only allied race ive leveled so far has been kul tiran

im gonna love prepatch
    Only real chame is that I won't be able to go through Exile's reach AND level an Allied Race in one go. I get why Blizzard didnt bother, but I really feel like it was a missed opprtunity to not simply give Allied Races the option of starting at level 10 or doing Exile's reach.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Imma say 3rd, 8th, and January.
    Blizzard have a new (to me, anyway) ad running for SL which specifically says 2020, so I think it's December or bust at this point. Even if it's not in a fit state, they're not likely to push it to 2021 after putting out yet more ads say 2020.

(I mostly noticed this ad - the sidebar kind - because it has a typo/misuse of a word - it says Maldraxxus is "Where strength is awarded", when they almost certainly mean "Where strength is rewarded". I mean, in a literal sense I'm sure we will be "awarded" strength via gear, levels etc. in Maldraxxus, but that's not what differentiates it from other Covenants, theme-wise.)

I'd be shocked if they didn't time the Scourge event nearer Halloween, because it's so on-theme (even with the other Halloween stuff also happening), and will make the gaming press and so on. I'll probably be somewhat short, too, based on previous events. Mixed feelings about that. I'd love to gear up a bunch of alts from it, but also the "ghoul" stuff got pretty annoying in the original iterations, as people used the ghouls to keep quest-hand-in NPCs dead (and even flightmasters, though I seem to recall that was less viable in the second iteration).

But actually that's way less of an issue now, in theory, because back then you couldn't really level by doing dungeons, but now you can. So worst case you go stand somewhere obscure and chain dungeons if you want to level (and the event was never more than a mild inconvenience at max level).

I just realized I still have old boosts on my account. Did Blizzard ever mention what would happen to those? Will they just randomly boost a character to 40, 45 or 48?

Btw, the post counter of the thread broke compeltely now, didn't it?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I just realized I still have old boosts on my account. Did Blizzard ever mention what would happen to those? Will they just randomly boost a character to 40, 45 or 48?

Btw, the post counter of the thread broke compeltely now, didn't it?
    Only the previous boost, or the one that currently gets you to 110 will still "function", the other ones gets upgraded to that level from what I remember. And with the level squish I believe it does indeed take you to whatever random level would be equivalent to level 110.

Did a few hundred posts get deleted recently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last page : "3266" but in fact it's 3249, lel
    (3246 now, thread is dying)
    Last edited by Valysar; 2020-10-13 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Did a few hundred posts get deleted recently?
    I guess so.
    Maybe a recent banwave removed some comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    How many posts are there usually per page?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How many posts are there usually per page?
    Twenty for me. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Normal when a bunch of posts go AWOL. Only the amount is notable. 20 pages á 20 posts means we've lost at least 400 posts.

Now, whether losing those is a real loss is a different question.

Edith says the DB caught up and corrected page number.

does anybody know if u can lvl up by doing the war campaign or is it only accesible at lvl 50

400 posts vanished? Is that why I felt those rumblings?

I really hope we get a cinematic this time around... All the devs are excited... I think I'm getting my hopes up.
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    I really hope we get a cinematic this time around... All the devs are excited... I think I'm getting my hopes up.
    Don't think there is a cinematic in prepatch, the first one will be at launch when we enter the Maw, right ?