Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Too late to start playing classic?

I started quite seriously to play classic when it launched but at level 35 or so IRL happened and I stopped.

So wanted to start over and play pretty relaxed and find a casual raiding guild.

Is this possible? How is the leveling now? Old the zones completely barrens and no chance of getting dungeons or group quests done?

Thanks for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    I started quite seriously to play classic when it launched but at level 35 or so IRL happened and I stopped.

So wanted to start over and play pretty relaxed and find a casual raiding guild.

Is this possible? How is the leveling now? Old the zones completely barrens and no chance of getting dungeons or group quests done?

Thanks for answers.
    Not too late untill TBC is announced.

Just power through the leveling, get some basic 60 gear, and get into ZG and AQ20 and youll be up to speed in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'll be playing classic long after bc is released...never too late to play classic for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling sucks till lvl 35 then it gets oke.
    Just because till lvl 35 everything hurts alot and mobs are packed+stuns etc.
    There are alot of people that are playing so grouping is easy.

I suggest going Pyrewood Village for alliance and Noggenfogger for Horde.

Everything is casual raiding in classic and youll get a pug to MC in no time.

Too late? Nothing is ever to late. Just do what you think is fun.
    Even if you play while SL is live that is np, SL will be there when u get bored
    You should never feel rushed, just relax and enjoy what you like.
    Last edited by Azerox; 2020-10-13 at 08:04 AM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the beauty of vanilla is that earlier raid tiers are not made redundant once new one opens. Plenty of guilds still running MC.

The time to have an enjoyable multiplayer experience during levelup is pretty much over, yes.
    You can still find the occasional person actually playing the game, but most people just use boosting services for their alts, so finding people for group quests or instances is relatively rare. This might vary from server to server.

It is however not too late to find dungeon or raid groups at max level. At least on my server its very easy to find pugs for all of the interesting dungeons (strat, scholo, brd, dm north), pugs for raids are always looking for players and there is a bunch of one raid day casual guilds who are always searching for more people.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Thanks for answers.
    It's more or less a better time to start now as you won't be stuck in MC for months and there are plenty of things to do for a while.

The only downside or upside (depends how you look at it) is that you'll be carried through the content more or less .. MC and BWL pugs take less than 2 hours.

Another upside is that pugs up to even AQ40 (these are rarer) happen so you don't even need a raiding guild for a while.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is too late. This is the politically incorrect sentence, but that's the truth. The leveling experience, which is 70% of WoW Vanilla gameplay, is over. No one is leveling, the few guys leveling up alts are just buying boosts and AFKing in SM, Maraudon, ZG. You will really struggle to lvl up alone from lvl 1 to 60 without gold. By the time you reach lvl 60 (if you don't quit before, which is pretty likely) Naxx will be out and Classic will die fast since most people will quit once they kill KT and they will instantly enter the huge TBC waiting room.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Yes, it is too late. This is the politically incorrect sentence, but that's the truth. The leveling experience, which is 70% of WoW Vanilla gameplay, is over. No one is leveling, the few guys leveling up alts are just buying boosts and AFKing in SM, Maraudon, ZG. You will really struggle to lvl up alone from lvl 1 to 60 without gold. By the time you reach lvl 60 (if you don't quit before, which is pretty likely) Naxx will be out and Classic will die fast since most people will quit once they kill KT and they will instantly enter the huge TBC waiting room.
    Already entered that room! :>

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not too late in the sense that, sure, you can level up and since everything from MC on is still relevant to a degree, you can gear up. But @Nak88 is correct. There aren't as many people running leveling dungeons at level (meaning not being carried) and even max level dungeon activity is pretty quiet. If you're on a high pop server this will be less of an issue just because there are more people period.

Thanks for answers.
    TBC wont until next summer so YES you do .. In fact now is a great time as everything is pretty much on farm and you can get T2 pretty quick even in a casual raiding guild.

I never even finished getting to 60 but I think I'm going to start it since the pre patch for shadowlands is not fun at all

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    Not too late untill TBC is announced.
    tbc doesnt matter much,classic isnt going away even when tbc comes out,also a great deal of people who want classic dont want tbc,sure it will draw away plenty of people,to tbc...to shadowlands,but a classic server even with 500 players left is still a fairly healthy ammount

Thanks for answers.
    Yes, it's possible . Leveling is pretty horrible if you opt to play on a pvp server, but the larger servers have a TON of activity in terms of max level content. People still pug MC and BWL. You'll be able to level and play, as long as you don't take too long. I'm expecting activity will drop when BC gets announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Just go for it, it's not too late. If you level up in a reasonable time you will be able to experience all of the end game. Sure leveling isn't what it used to be but it's fine as long as you don't mind solo questing for the most part of it. An upside is that you don't have to sit and wait for mobs to spawn while questing anymore as you had to at the start of classic. At 60 you might have a hard time finding a group for 5 mans but instead you can just go straight into 20 mans where people won't mind carrying you, and you get better loot from them either way.

You wont get to experience hundreds to thousands of people leveling with you but leveling itself can still be enjoyable. Raiding is still on the table. Start by gearing up and finding a casual guild or farm gold and hit some GDKP BWL/MC raids and you will be AQ ready by most guilds standards withing a month of hitting 60 with minimal effort.

Are people in BWL or AQ? You got ZG and AQ20. Sooo it kind of sucks with raiding caps. It’s like gearing a guy up? That’s why they heroic releases and justice? currency epics.

I geared and quit classic in like 1 month OP during the summer. End-game is way to dull and easy. I quit when I did some AQ40 raiding, few weeks after that went live. So now you can gear even faster with 2x ZG 2x AQ20 a week. Classic is only fun if you actually enjoy wow how it was back then, cause end-game is very dull, not much to do...ALSO´! I hate how broken classes are and consums/world buffs thats the only thing that matters...Aka if you dont get world buffs before raid you dont do shit dmg...The 2nd BWL I did I was full world buffed with like 1400 attack power, 42% crit as fury warrior (Note, top now is like 2600 AP / 48% crit...) and bringing that much buffs means even with my bad gear I was topish damage until I lost buffs...

Leveling is fine no matter the time, just wont see that many in the open world now, but just play on high pop realm. But I warn you...End-game has no content, especially if you play it seriously and min-max you will get bored fast.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-10-19 at 12:34 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

most 40mans have a revolving door for at least 4-5 slots. there is a ton of good, raid ready craftable gear.
    dungeons are not as popular but are still being constantly built and run. ZG makes catch up a breeze.