View Poll Results: How do you want to kill Sylvanas?

Voters
351. This poll is closed
  • Stab her through the heart with a sword.

5 1.42%
  • Cut off her head with an axe.

14 3.99%
  • Smash her skull with a hammer.

10 2.85%
  • Impale her with a polearm.

11 3.13%
  • Cannibalize.

7 1.99%
  • Freeze her and smash her to pieces.

6 1.71%
  • Burn her “alive.”

36 10.26%
  • Cheat by using your shaman powers and electrocute her.

7 1.99%
  • Put a mana bomb in her mouth, stitch up her lips, run and duck for cover.

6 1.71%
  • Gouge out her eyes and lock her in a trailer home with a black mamba.

11 3.13%
  • When having the high ground, and Sylvanas tries to jump over you, cut off her arms and legs.

30 8.55%
  • Piledriver without tucking her head in between your character’s thighs for safety.

9 2.56%
  • Other.

71 20.23%
  • I don’t want to kill her, I want to redeem her!

128 36.47%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because people actually like Sylvanas? People like redemption stories? Believe it or not, you are spouting you opinion, not fact. Not everyone agrees with your stance. This isn't hard to understand at all.
    Redemption generally works better with characters that are not completely evil. Like, for instance, characters that don't plague their own more than once.

I think burning her alive would be poetic justice.

But, likely it will be under a lunar beam.

I don't even care about night elves, but i feel that would be a just end.

Because people actually like Sylvanas? People like redemption stories? Believe it or not, you are spouting you opinion, not fact. Not everyone agrees with your stance. This isn't hard to understand at all.
    Can you even redeem someone who helped countless souls across the universe get sent to everlasting torment and damnation?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Can you even redeem someone who helped countless souls across the universe get sent to everlasting torment and damnation?
    I don’t actually even want her redeemed. I just want to follow the Dark Lady and sow mayhem and discord wherever I go. And before you call me a simp, I’m not into women. I just like truly evil characters. Maybe not mustache twirling evil, buuuut you get what you get.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    By the hands of Tyrande, that's all I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I don’t actually even want her redeemed. I just want to follow the Dark Lady and sow mayhem and discord wherever I go. And before you call me a simp, I’m not into women. I just like truly evil characters. Maybe not mustache twirling evil, buuuut you get what you get.
    Nah you're fine, it's perfectly okay wanting to play an evil character. My issue is with people who think what Sylvanus is doing is justified based on her interpretation on what will "set us all free".

Anyone can be redeemed. That is the beauty of writing fiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jindujun View Post
    Redemption generally works better with characters that are not completely evil. Like, for instance, characters that don't plague their own more than once.
    It can work with any character. Working better with other characters doesn't make it impossible for Sylvanas.

Sure, but that doesn't mean it will makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless if she dies, get trapped in the Maw and become the new jailer or become a random "pain battery" for the Venthyr, i would love to have Sylvanas meet some of the characters that she put through a hard time, just to have them tag team her (even if she just end up escaping)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah you're fine, it's perfectly okay wanting to play an evil character. My issue is with people who think what Sylvanus is doing is justified based on her interpretation on what will "set us all free".
    I just really don’t want her to become a raid boss loot piñata. It made sense for Arthas, he was a perfectly designed antagonist. For Sylvanas, there’s a large playerbase who still love her. Same goes for Jaina, as when she was announced as a boss all hell broke loose until they revealed she doesn’t die.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

- - - Updated - - -

It can work with any character. Working better with other characters doesn't make it impossible for Sylvanas.
    Someone needs to have some redeemable qualities first before you can redeem them.

Sylvanas has none
    Last edited by bowlink; 2020-10-13 at 01:39 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Someone needs to have some redeemable qualities first before you can redeem them.

Sylvanas has none
    It's fiction. You can redeem anyone. There are no set rules in writing fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Someone should make a "How do you want to kill Anduin" thread.
    Well we're not going to kill Anduin so it's not really relevant. We are going to kill Sylvanas for sure. I look forward too it.

It's fiction. You can redeem anyone. There are no set rules in writing fiction.
    you could paint the Sistine Chapel neon colours that doesn't mean you should.

same applies in writing somethings are inredeemable like for example: BURNING CHILDERER ALIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You are not a true Forsaken fan because you base their entire story on a book that was written by someone who was wrong about everything, but thanks to privileges can make it "right".

Your entire fascination is based on error made by someone who will not accept being wrong.
    You're literally arguing that you're right, and the writers of the story are wrong. Have some perspective, mate.

And my actual reasons were:
    -the loyalists get a different ending? Sweet. What sort of character would make sense for that? Certainly none of my existing ones...
    -oh yeah I still need to roll a death knight, I never experienced their class hall storyline either, this'll be great.
    -how about a forsaken? That's fitting, I've always enjoyed the forsaken's story, and I always appreciated the silliness of the backstory of "you were once a citizen of lordaeron, then you died, but were raised as a zombie for a while, then Sylvanas freed you, but you died, and were raised as a death knight, but were freed again, so you confronted Arthas, where you died..."

If he dies again against Sylvanas, and gets raised again, it will finally complete the best character arc in WoW. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Catch me up to speed here please. What was retconned about the Forsaken exactly? Tell me about your perspective on this.
    Literally nothing. I assume they're talking about Before The Storm, at least. The forsaken have always had some "death to the living" members and some "I just want to sell my cockroaches, man" members. The book built up what we saw play out in BFA, that Sylvanas is afraid of hope, believing that if the forsaken have hope, in this case that their families could accept them that Anduin was offering, they would abandon her. So she murdered a bunch of her own people in cold blood, both the ones who intended to leave with their human families, and all the ones that didn't, who ran back into her open arms to be greeted with an arrow in the back. Even Nathanos was appaled, but she justified it by saying "well...they would've betrayed me eventually."

As we would see later in BFA, self-fulfilling prophecies are a bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I think burning her alive would be poetic justice.

But, likely it will be under a lunar beam.

I don't even care about night elves, but i feel that would be a just end.
    Orbital Laser Cannon Moonfire, yes please.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-10-13 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I just really don’t want her to become a raid boss loot piñata. It made sense for Arthas, he was a perfectly designed antagonist. For Sylvanas, there’s a large playerbase who still love her. Same goes for Jaina, as when she was announced as a boss all hell broke loose until they revealed she doesn’t die.
    Arthas was and is stilled loved by a large playerbase too, so why does it make more sense for him to have been a raid boss and not Sylvanas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    Arthas was and is stilled loved by a large playerbase too, so why does it make more sense for him to have been a raid boss and not Sylvanas?
    The reason he was loved was because he was such a great antagonist. I reckon almost everyone wanted to kill him, in the end. Sure maybe there were some who wanted some redemption, however, the way that they crafted his story had a very satisfying end. We all would agree. I don’t think the same could be said if they kill Sylvanas off in a raid.

Gouge her eyes out with a rusty spoon and make Nathanos, Sira and Delaryn eat them.

I don't. She had the balls to strike a powerful blow against the Alliance of Evil. Her only crime was against the Horde. She should be honored with a holiday and celebration where we feast on roasted Elf.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fully aware it's my opinion, never did I state it was fact. Stop trying to start a pointless argument.