15+ Year Old Account

pre-patch delayed?

I just went to open up WoW and noticed that the PTR (not beta but the pre-patch PTR) has an update that its doing. Is there a new PTR or the pre-patch getting delayed? I don't get why the PTR client would update just now if its going live tomorrow.

They'll always test deploying the final version on the PTR first, even if its only a few hours before live gets it. Why wouldn't they give it a final smoke test on a public environment first?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I don't get why the PTR client would update just now if its going live tomorrow.
    Some time ago, Blizzard changed the way the game is patched. If you have PTR installed, you get the latest stuff there, due to it being PTR. Once a patch hits Live, the game simply copies PTR data to Live instead of redownloading everything. Saves time and bandwith for everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Some time ago, Blizzard changed the way the game is patched. If you have PTR installed, you get the latest stuff there, due to it being PTR. Once a patch hits Live, the game simply copies PTR data to Live instead of redownloading everything. Saves time and bandwith for everyone.
    that's actually a good thing to know because I remember having to load forever the patches even when I had been on the PTR on crap

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    that's actually a good thing to know because I remember having to load forever the patches even when I had been on the PTR on crap
    Also, if you start your launcher, it should immediately update your client to 9.0.1. Mine is already updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    It also copies from beta if you have that installed

15+ Year Old Account
    Mine just updated so just waiting for servers to be put back online.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    PTR may stay online until SL release