Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Anyone else find shadowheart and La'zael completely insufferable? They start of as complete cunts wich made me not care about their approval at all, it doesn't help that they disapprove of any selfless action that you do.
    Not been my experience. I have did some things, one approved of and the other disapproved of fairly often.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not been my experience. I have did some things, one approved of and the other disapproved of fairly often.
    Did you offer to help out the tieflings in the grove? only wyll and gale approved of that, it seemed that generally going out of your way to help others gives you disapproval with shadowheart and la'zel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and they both disapproved. Gale approved. Do not have Wyll. Have not met him.

But there have been other choices I made in which one approved and the other disapproved. They are both whiny however. Gale is the most easy one to get along with.

On a different topic of the game.....I now have about 36 hrs play time and have not finished one run thru yet. Keep finding more stuff to do and to discover. How much play time you get to spend in the first chapter is going to vary a lot according to the player. I am not rushing thru it.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-13 at 12:37 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Can I get some help with the FPS in the game? I've got an 860 Nvidia graphics card, 16GB RAM and i7 core, but the game lags so damn hard, no matter how low settings I drop it to. Notably, high graphics do not seem to lower the performance more. I've gone through the Nvidia control panel and other options, but the game just keeps lagging hard.

Any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Anyone else find shadowheart and La'zael completely insufferable? They start of as complete cunts wich made me not care about their approval at all, it doesn't help that they disapprove of any selfless action that you do.
    Shadowheart is manageable and once you gain enough reputation with her she warms up a tad. She's basically your average late teen going through rebel phase, was picked off the streets to begin with and seemingly duped by Shar into believing that nonsense.

Not exactly the the most pleasant upbringing there, but you can gain her trust pretty easily and many of your good choices are received well by her - she's not particularly "hurr durr let the blood stream on streets" and often she's surprisingly open to doing good. If there would be alignment she'd be Chaotic Neutral despite her "evil cleric" tag.

Once she warms up a bit, she's surprising pleasant in her own way. I imagine they will add a few more companions, but so far companion-wise she's a good waifu material.

You can also do a bit deceptive there, for example entering the grove you can respond to her that our first priority is getting a healer and she'll give you approval and frankly at that situation it's reasonable there, you barely know anyone there so unless you're angel incarnate you'd respond this way too, it's only natural. Then as you go, meet more camp denisens and get more involved you decide to help, that's a fine take too, maybe even the most realistic one.

---

Lae'zel though, yeah, that one is a Lawful Evil subjugate and murder hobo, for the Glory of the Queen, as fit the warmongering Githyanki. You can live with her as your typical edgy warrior that is smart-mouthed beyond her station. She's all about results and mission above all with no time or patience for tear-filled nonsense. Don't expect her to be a fuzzy furball ever, that's just not the character.

I find her much more sufferable than Astarion - that guy is a true dick of the bunch, IMO.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-10-13 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Any tips?
    *shrugs* Upgrade.

Your card performs under the minimum specs to run the game.

Any tips?
    If you have not already made this change. Switch from using Vulkan to Direct X 11.

It seems to have made a huge difference for players. Enough so that it's mentioned on the launcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    just finished the first chapter. i spent to much time in the shattered sanctuary in the first couple of days trying to sneak snipe and figure the best method of clearing the inside without getting swarmed by a but load of goblins.
    what i ended up doing was having Astarion going down into the pit befriending the spiders. buffing them with scrolls. then puff clouded next to the gate lever and let the spiders out and watched them just go through and just murder all the goblins. when the goblins were distracted i had Astarion sneak into the rafters and snipe sneaking goblins.

my main issue with this area though is everything you take is counted stolen and people that you would think wouldn't care about goblins being robbed hate you . now every time i go to my camp. Halsin keeps going " You should be banished" lol
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    If you have not already made this change. Switch from using Vulkan to Direct X 11.

It seems to have made a huge difference for players. Enough so that it's mentioned on the launcher.
    Yeah, I've noticed the huge difference as well. What I've observed is that after some time and when the game is syncing or something, it lags hard. Something to do with savegames.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I suppose people actually know what they want, especially since it is EA. And that's a LOT for EA...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in its EA state it is quite remarkable, IMO. It's easy 30 hours playthrough as is if you do everything in Act 1 and you get 2 opposing factions too, so you can't even really do everything in one playthrough anyway.

I can imagine that assuming there will be 3 acts, it would be easy 100 hours game for one playthrough on release.

- - - Updated - - -

They really made some of the best character conversations I seen so far, they do seem to have issues with hair for now, so I hope they will do something there.

Yeah, I've noticed the huge difference as well. What I've observed is that after some time and when the game is syncing or something, it lags hard. Something to do with savegames.
    I noticed the same thing. I went into steam and turned off that save / sync process. It's just saved locally now. It corrected that issue of lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I went into steam and turned off that save / sync process. It's just saved locally now. It corrected that issue of lag.
    How did you do that? I have the steam overlay disabled, but can not see any save/sync option as you mentioned in steam.

And using Dx11, causes the game to crash when I launch it. No other game has any issues with me using Dx11. Vulkan works ok with the game. Generally plays fairly well and played using it in Red Dead Redemption 2 great. Much more graphical demanding game than BG3 is. But in BG3, I am still having the occasion game freeze for a few seconds. But it does not happen all the time.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-14 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That smug face when you roll successfully history check about goblins in conversation. Love their facial impressions they did in convos... ME:A devs could learn a spell or two there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    How did you do that? I have the steam overlay disabled, but can not see any save/sync option as you mentioned in steam.
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...-8941#enabling

That link should take you to the steam page that talks about disabling steam cloud. It shouldn't sync after that. You can do it for an individual game or all games. I only did BG3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge accepted.... :P

Lolth-Sworn Drow have some great racial dialogue options. Like when a child talks about the tales of Drow stealing children and you get to reply "Nonsense! We kill far more children than we enslave!" Weirdly enough, when I was fucking around the Druid camp I found a hidden area where some Goblins managed to sneak in. From there I found a door that lead to a back path to the Druid library, where there was a dead Drow test subject that also had an Illithid tadpole in his brain. And despite the fact that I even spoke with his spirit thanks to the speak with dead necklace, that led to no special dialogue with Nettie. Well, neither did the fact that I entered her surgery room from the off-limits library, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I can't wait for them to add new classes. I'm not a huge fan of the current selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Lolth-Sworn Drow have some great racial dialogue options. Like when a child talks about the tales of Drow stealing children and you get to reply "Nonsense! We kill far more children than we enslave!" Weirdly enough, when I was fucking around the Druid camp I found a hidden area where some Goblins managed to sneak in. From there I found a door that lead to a back path to the Druid library, where there was a dead Drow test subject that also had an Illithid tadpole in his brain. And despite the fact that I even spoke with his spirit thanks to the speak with dead necklace, that led to no special dialogue with Nettie. Well, neither did the fact that I entered her surgery room from the off-limits library, for that matter.
    Wait, drow isnt kill on sight for everyone? And lolth sworn?

Do you actually can play as a fanatical drow devoted to lolth and even play with anybody?