Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What do you think of the One God in Warcraft?

Found this ''leak'' recently
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMCwA_FCxQ&t
    Accolon claims he has received a leak about Blizzard's plan for the expanded cosmology in the Warcraft Universe. In the beginning there was the Clockmaker. Blizzard has not yet decided if this is an individual or a group of people. The Clockmaker created the First Ones. Elune is a First One. The First Ones created the 6 cosmic forces (Life, Death, Order, Disorder, Light, and Void). They also created the Eternal Ones, who were to serve as the pantheons for the cosmic forces. These include the Titans and the leaders in the Shadowlands (the Jailer, the Arbiter, etc.).''
    At first I thought it was complete nonsense, until I found this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQj...ture=emb_logoe
    At 4 20, Ion mentions the Clockmaker.

And so Accolon says that in the beginning there was the Clockmaker and Blizzard had not yet decided whether it was one creature or a group of creatures. If this is a group of creatures, then it turns out that we have added another Pantheon, which was before the First Ones and this is pathetic. We are not yet used to the First, but we are already being told that someone was before them. This is more and more like Greek mythology where first there was Chaos, then the Primordial ones, then the Titans, then the gods. But if it's one creature... then I think it's even worse. I just don't like it when there is one omnipotent being in fantasy. I was not very interested in reading The Silmarillion because although there is a lot of drama in mortal history, you know from the beginning that Morgoth will not win. He has no chance of winning. There is no intrigue because even if Morgoth defeats the rest of the Valar, Eru Iluvatar will stop him and prevent him from ruling the universe. And I really would not want to see something like that in Warcraft. I liked the Chronicle concept. Light and Void created everything and I hope it will remain so and it turns out that the First Ones appeared after Light and Void, and did not create everything at all.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2020-10-13 at 04:44 PM.

Link is broken.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

So who created the clockmaker?

Interesting theory, i dont watch a lot of his videos because i cant really stand his voice. also he has done some 'leak" videos in the past that were way too farfetched and never ended up being real anyway.
    But if Ion is even mentioning a Clockmaker, that is interesting

Personally i think too many godlike figures being introduced.
    Last edited by CheckThyself; 2020-10-13 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychodad View Post
    So who created the clockmaker?
    Who made who? Who turned the screw?

Blizzard retroactive history is always in the service of some latest plot twist or self-serving narrative. The cosmology in general doesn't matter because it will change again and again to service their needs to surprise the player and keep them invested with carrot on the stick and cliffhanger drama. It is not some sort of history being unveiled, it's a history that's ever-changing.

Even if they go with this Clockmaker concept, it'll just be one step among many. Later on they'll say the Clockmaker was actually a council of beings. Then there were actually 7 Cosmic forces with the missing one being the true master of the Old Gods and that the Void Lords were only using/controlling them but did not create them. Then the 7th Cosmic Force is the true mastermind behind Sargeras' corruption, made the Jailer who he was, etc etc. The rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all of Warcraft cosmology ended up being some forgotten Xel'naga experiment that was sealed away in some pocket dimension.

Wait a second.....do you just copy + paste this thread from a reddit post from 2 months ago????

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor..._for_expanded/

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    Interesting theory, i dont watch a lot of his videos because i cant really stand his voice. also he has done some 'leak" videos in the past that were way too farfetched and never ended up being real anyway.
    But if Ion is even mentioning a Clockmaker, that is interesting
    Could also be that he started with that and then confabulated the rest of the story up, though, making the Clockmaker and the other already known parts the only real factors.

Clockmaker doesn't really make sense as a name for a group, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Link is broken.
    Hm...
    Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQj...ature=emb_logo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    Wait a second.....do you just copy + paste this thread from a reddit post from 2 months ago????

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor..._for_expanded/
    For the most part, yes, because that's when I first found out about it. But it seemed to me silly nonsense and I forgot about it, but recently I came across this interview of Ion and now I think that it may be true.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Yeah sorry but this leak just seems fake now. The interview where Ion says "clockmaker" is from July while the "leak" came in August. I feels like someone saw the video and decided to make up some bullshit over a single line.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The more they explain the worse it gets, honestly. Leave some ambiguity please.

My theory:

The First Ones, the "Light Lords", and the Void Lords are the ultimate deities of the Warcraft verse. There is a cosmic 3-way battle between these unfathomable beings. The Light Lords and Void Lords want to dominate the entire cosmos, either by purging it or consuming it, while the First Ones seek to maintain a status quo. They all want order but in different ways.

There's a reason why the Light and Void attacked the Shadowlands several times in the past. The Shadowlands were created by the First Ones, by the way.

Elune would be one of the Light Lords. She forged Xe'ra the Prime Naaru, and as shown in Revendreth the Naaru are hostile to the Eternal Ones, who are the children of the First Ones.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-13 at 04:51 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah sorry but this leak just seems fake now. The interview where Ion says "clockmaker" is from July while the "leak" came in August. I feels like someone saw the video and decided to make up some bullshit over a single line.
    Even if this leak is not true (which I HAVE HOPE), let's just discuss. Would you like to see a single creator god in Warcraft?

...All we need is a "One Above All" thing in wow where we open a cosmic door and Mike Morhaime is in an office typing on a computer.

"The Clockmaker" Hm...

If this is the one God in WoW, then I cannot wait to meet him in 4 expansions. Then again, we'd have to see the "one god" thing come to pass first. For all we know, the First Ones made everything. But, that would be interesting...

- - - Updated - - -

And IF something like this is even true, then that would mean we're in for some deep shit the next couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if this leak is not true (which I HAVE HOPE), let's just discuss. Would you like to see a single creator god in Warcraft?
    I think that would be cool, if there was 1 singular god, and the First Ones are its creations which shaped everything with the current functions they have now (Such as the Cosmic Balance, the Machine of Death, etc). But I doubt it.

I really hope that there is at least one god that is just pure energy in the universe, something that doesn't have a body so that way there is a cap on the "big bads" or "big goods", kinda tiring seeing every expansion coming up with something even bigger than the last expansion's supreme gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My theory:
    There's a reason why the Light and Void attacked the Shadowlands several times in the past.
    It's kinda implied that Denathrius did something that angered the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by roflolmao View Post
    I really hope that there is at least one god that is just pure energy in the universe, something that doesn't have a body so that way there is a cap on the "big bads" or "big goods", kinda tiring seeing every expansion coming up with something even bigger than the last expansion's supreme gods.

It's kinda implied that Denathrius did something that angered the Light.
    It's not just Denathrius. The Void attacked both Maldraxxus and Bastion (where it came close to conquering it), and I believe the Light also attacked Maldraxxus. It definitely isn't an isolated incident.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-13 at 05:06 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Found this ''leak'' recently
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMCwA_FCxQ&t
    Accolon claims he has received a leak about Blizzard's plan for the expanded cosmology in the Warcraft Universe. In the beginning there was the Clockmaker. Blizzard has not yet decided if this is an individual or a group of people. The Clockmaker created the First Ones. Elune is a First One. The First Ones created the 6 cosmic forces (Life, Death, Order, Disorder, Light, and Void). They also created the Eternal Ones, who were to serve as the pantheons for the cosmic forces. These include the Titans and the leaders in the Shadowlands (the Jailer, the Arbiter, etc.).''
    At first I thought it was complete nonsense, until I found this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQj...ture=emb_logoe
    At 4 20, Ion mentions the Clockmaker.

And so Accolon says that in the beginning there was the Clockmaker and Blizzard had not yet decided whether it was one creature or a group of creatures. If this is a group of creatures, then it turns out that we have added another Pantheon, which was before the First Ones and this is pathetic. We are not yet used to the First, but we are already being told that someone was before them. This is more and more like Greek mythology where first there was Chaos, then the Primordial ones, then the Titans, then the gods. But if it's one creature... then I think it's even worse. I just don't like it when there is one omnipotent being in fantasy. I was not very interested in reading The Silmarillion because although there is a lot of drama in mortal history, you know from the beginning that Morgoth will not win. He has no chance of winning. There is no intrigue because even if Morgoth defeats the rest of the Valar, Eru Iluvatar will stop him and prevent him from ruling the universe. And I really would not want to see something like that in Warcraft. I liked the Chronicle concept. Light and Void created everything and I hope it will remain so and it turns out that the First Ones appeared after Light and Void, and did not create everything at all.
    There is only one true god, and to hear his true name is to know death eternal.
    We have only seen of him the faintest of echoes, and we called him "Murmur".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    There is only one true god, and to hear his true name is to know death eternal.
    We have only seen of him the faintest of echoes, and we called him "Murmur".
    Ain't he just the pure essence of Sound? Meh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like shit.