Question Q4Testers: Is there not a "skip alts straight to Oribos" option yet?

One of the best things to be added in Legion and BFA was the early "I've seen the intro" option. Now I know that there's the threads of fate once you get to Oribos, but am I right in observing that every alt has to do all of the maw stuff before you get to activate the threads of fate?

I'm in beta and I've tried starting a new character and... I don't see it. Does it exist, and if so where is it? My beta main is at the level cap and is into the regular loop, having unlocked pretty much all of that.

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-10-13 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    One of the best things to be added in Legion and BFA was the early "I've seen the intro" option. Now I know that there's the threads of fate once you get to Oribos, but am I right in observing that every alt has to do all of the maw stuff before you get to activate the threads of fate?

I'm in beta and I've tried starting a new character and... I don't see it. Does it exist, and if so where is it? My beta main is at the level cap and is into the regular loop, having unlocked pretty much all of that.

There is no skip, and may not be any skip. There is a lot of quests and quest experience in the Maw intro. Most things that were skipped previously were a scenario of some type.

No, you have to do it every time. Just like the Tanaan Jungle portion of the WoD intro

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    the Tanaan Jungle portion of the WoD intro
    ...Was skippable, though not as directly as the next 2 expansions' intros.

There are skips for some things like the Covenant intros (roughly 30 min of time saved) but no skip for the Maw intro yet, I'd be surprised if it didn't get added before launch or shortly after.

I dunno if they consider the sit in this chair and be ported to Gorgrond trick as a skip though.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    I dunno if they consider the sit in this chair and be ported to Gorgrond trick as a skip though.
    Yeah. I mean, when you've been able to "officially" skip things in the past, its always (I think) been a scenario. Sometimes there are multiple quests in the scenario, but they still haven't typically added up to all that much in terms of XP and rewards. With the Maw opening, its close to an entire level's worth of XP and content. I can't see them letting us skip that. Its significant both in terms of story AND in playing content.

Edit - I will say I could see them letting us skip chatting with folks in Org and the Icecrown stuff, but that takes at most 5 minutes so I doubt they'll let us skip that either.
    Last edited by Wrathblood; 2020-10-13 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathblood View Post
    its close to an entire level's worth of XP and content. I can't see them letting us skip that.
    The battle for Lordaeron was almost a whole level... granted that was in heirlooms, but still.

The battle for Lordaeron was almost a whole level... granted that was in heirlooms, but still.
    1 of 120. Maw is 1 of 60.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    1 of 120. Maw is 1 of 60.
    That is a good point, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I just have a hard time looking at the very idea of the threads of fate and seeing it accompanied by "nope you have to do the mountless place another 30 times" for altoholics. We'll see if that holds a month after launch I guess.

I think they will add the skip just not right away, the Maw intro is only like 16 quests, some of which are just point a to point b.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason the first part of Legion and BFA's Intro experiences were skippable is because they were instances. WoD's run through Tanaan Jungle was not instanced. Neither was Jade Forest. Or Cataclysm's zones. Or Northrend's Starting Areas. Or Hellfire Penninsula and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think they will add the skip just not right away, the Maw intro is only like 16 quests, some of which are just point a to point b.
    TBH, if they do then they would have to add that to WoD as well. That's just my opinion of course.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why. First, only thing that matter were 110-120 on BfA launch and 50-60 now, same 10 levels. Second, there will be enough side quests to make up for Maw, also for alts at any point (after intro) you can skip whole main story and level through world quests/side storylines. Would be stupid if they won't introduce Maw skip (but they 99% will).

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I just have a hard time looking at the very idea of the threads of fate and seeing it accompanied by "nope you have to do the mountless place another 30 times" for altoholics. We'll see if that holds a month after launch I guess.
    You can get a mount through Torghast that lets you mount in the Maw. Not really what you're looking for I know but it should mitigate the alt annoyance

They really should add a skip. 16 fetch quests is not compelling gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with 10 max level alts, I look forward to skipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    As someone with 10 max level alts, I look forward to skipping it.
    As someone with 50 max level characters, I don't see it happening. There has only been 2 "official" skips: Legion which was a scenario, and BfA, which...was a scenario. Also, 8.3 skips were also...scenarios.

While there may be a chair we sit on to magically teleport to the Shadowlands, it is not an official skip just like the chair to WoD in MoP was not an official skip that youi talk to the quest giver and skip ahead.